What shits ya!

Remove this Banner Ad

I've found a handful of raw almonds good to stave off hunger for a while.
I find that even with raw almonds you have to be careful not to let them get the better of you!

What do you mean?? Don't tell me they're bad too??
No I mean that if they're within easy reach (say in my desk drawer) I can over indulge in them too! A small handful per day is good. 3 or so handfuls isn't :D

They reckon limit intake of most nuts to a small handful. I can't recall why but off the back of reading that I tend to buy raw nut/dried fruit/seed combos and bring a small tuppaware container of it to work for a snack. The small container ensures I limit how much i eat, if I had the bag at work I'd keep nibbling and before long it'd almost be gone.

They reckon limit intake of most nuts to a small handful. I can't recall why but off the back of reading that I tend to buy raw nut/dried fruit/seed combos and bring a small tuppaware container of it to work for a snack. The small container ensures I limit how much i eat, if I had the bag at work I'd keep nibbling and before long it'd almost be gone.

It's because they are very nutritionally dense, high in fat.
Not bad for you per se but still calories that if you arent burning off you are going to store.

Everything in moderation is pretty much the creed to live by I reckon.

T20 cricket, its going to destroy cricket.

They day my son plays a reverse sweep or a scoop, I will pack it in. **** me
What about the 10 over game they're playing in the UAE at present?

For me that's taking it way WAY too far.

Being an Adelaide lad I was at the 1 dayer a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Test cricket is my favourite format by a street but that 50/50 was perfect. Bat vs ball in a tight contest for the duration.

T20 is ok as light entertainment but it's not a true test of skill and mind. 50 over cricket still affords this, test match cricket has it in spades.

Now please excuse me while this dinosaur prepares for extinction.

Everything in moderation is pretty much the creed to live by I reckon.
That and not cutting out entire food groups. Next thing you cut out a vitamin or mineral you need and end up with broken bones or something.

What about the 10 over game they're playing in the UAE at present?

For me that's taking it way WAY too far.

Being an Adelaide lad I was at the 1 dayer a couple of weeks ago and really enjoyed it. Test cricket is my favourite format by a street but that 50/50 was perfect. Bat vs ball in a tight contest for the duration.

T20 is ok as light entertainment but it's not a true test of skill and mind. 50 over cricket still affords this, test match cricket has it in spades.

Now please excuse me while this dinosaur prepares for extinction.
Just get some C grade celebrities to play backyard cricket and televise it. Get people on their apps live voting on whether or not its out, save the bother of having umpires and hire a reality show host instead to zoom in on the minor bitchy conversations everyone is having with that spider cam. Bring in some intruders, maybe throw in some prize money to a charity.

Need to decide whether they want to be a sport or just prime time entertainment.

I don’t mind T20 when it was state sides (bushies v blues) playing over the summer, it gives you a glimpse of the upcoming talent for the national team. But it shouldn’t be taking away from the pinnacle of the sport. Test cricket and even 50 overs has more in common with Olympic sport than a football match.

I am not a nervous flyer at all. Like at all.

However, if there is much worse than sitting in your seat in the terminal waiting for boarding to commence, and having a * knuckle next to you with a seemingly exceedingly encyclopaedic knowledge of every air disaster that’s ever occurred and completely lacking the basic filter that should dictate that telling everyone such stories just before you fly is a bit...well not ideal...

Just shut up already.

However, if there is much worse than sitting in your seat in the terminal waiting for boarding to commence, and having a **** knuckle next to you with a seemingly exceedingly encyclopaedic knowledge of every air disaster that’s ever occurred and completely lacking the basic filter that should dictate that telling everyone such stories just before you fly is a bit...well not ideal...

Just shut up already.

Dude. Bar. Scotch.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

However, if there is much worse than sitting in your seat in the terminal waiting for boarding to commence, and having a **** knuckle next to you with a seemingly exceedingly encyclopaedic knowledge of every air disaster that’s ever occurred and completely lacking the basic filter that should dictate that telling everyone such stories just before you fly is a bit...well not ideal...

Just shut up already.

Seriously?? WTF??

Just shut up already.
Was it Dustin Hoffman?

For those playing at home, this is a scene from Rain Man

Dogs that eat boots and then get a bowel obstruction.

Took dog to the vet last night after getting home from holiday. He was gaunt and in agony. Vet placed him on a drip and sedated him. They've kept him in overnight and xrays show an obstruction in his bowel. Turns out he ate my work boots bar the steel caps and hard rubber soles. Waiting on further x-rays now.
Looks like surgery and we can't afford it.

Took dog to the vet last night after getting home from holiday. He was gaunt and in agony. Vet placed him on a drip and sedated him. They've kept him in overnight and xrays show an obstruction in his bowel. Turns out he ate my work boots bar the steel caps and hard rubber soles. Waiting on further x-rays now.

i'm sorry but i'm struggling to take that serious when you have that avatar lol

Oh jezz that sux, hope your dogs okay.
And I saw this the other day and thought of you.

nUIoFDI.jpg

i didnt expect you to change it mate lol

actually i do sympathise with you, my dud dog ate some wiring i had installed for a sprinkler system in the back yard, luckily it was before it was turned on and he only had a bit so it worked its way through without an operation. poor bugger was in a bit of pain though.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back