What to do if employer doesn't pay annual leave after resigning

Remove this Banner Ad

Free Agent

Norm Smith Medallist
May 25, 2017
AFL Club
West Coast
I've resigned 4 weeks ago after giving my notice. Company I work for has extremely bad communication and is very unorganised. I've sent few emails and calls but heard nothing back.

Is there someone I can call. Does the fair work commission actually deal with these matters. Just not sure what my next move is. I have all my payslips stating my annual leave.

I've resigned 4 weeks ago after giving my notice. Company I work for has extremely bad communication and is very unorganised. I've sent few emails and calls but heard nothing back.

Is there someone I can call. Does the fair work commission actually deal with these matters. Just not sure what my next move is. I have all my payslips stating my annual leave.

Do you know what award or enterprise agreement you are covered by?

That will stipulate how long they have to pay out your entitlements and it is usually 7 days from your last day.

I would email that clause to HR and the Payroll Manager and ask them to pay out all entitlements by said date. If that date has passed, best to let your union rep know about it to escalate things. That usually gets a result.

Do you know what award or enterprise agreement you are covered by?

That will stipulate how long they have to pay out your entitlements and it is usually 7 days from your last day.

I would email that clause to HR and the Payroll Manager and ask them to pay out all entitlements by said date. If that date has passed, best to let your union rep know about it to escalate things. That usually gets a result.
Send them a letter by email stating that they've got 7 days to pay or you'll take legal action claiming the full amount, plus interest, plus your legal costs

Don't stuff around here, their behaviour is not acceptable

Remove this Banner Ad

Back