Who hopes Lleyton loses poll.

Remove this Banner Ad

UNIT said:
Having a bit of a sook cos Braveheart Hewitt lost are we? :(

No. I thought it was a 50/50 chance in the final and Safin came out on top and good on him. Hewitt has had a good fortnight though and it can be a good springboard for the year ahead. He will now be firmly in the top 2 players in the rankings. His year will come at Melbourne Park.

Geez some of you ********heads havent got a damn clue.

It was a comparison of SPIRIT between Hewitt and the general ANZAC effort, I never once said he would jump in a trench or anything, it was a comparitive thing in their lines of work.

If you want to blow it out of proportion, dont go bagging me whilst at it. Learn to read and use your ********ing heads if you are going jump to conclusions.

Who here cracked the ********s at Safin for slamming his racquet?

What type of Australian, using on-court behaviour as a guide supports the man who breaks racquets more often the Chinese swimmers break records?

Homer Jnr said:

It was a comparison of SPIRIT between Hewitt and the general ANZAC effort, I never once said he would jump in a trench or anything, it was a comparitive thing in their lines of work.
Bit hard to accept that when you make commets like this:

Homer Jnr said:
If you have a problem with him, go and spit on a diggers grave you unpatriotic commies!
I reckon you were making comparsion's especially with such strong comments.

I don't even think you should be comparing spirit.

feher said:
Bit hard to accept that when you make commets like this:

I reckon you were making comparsion's especially with such strong comments.

I don't even think you should be comparing spirit.

So I can't compare spirit because i used the last part about the graves? They showed spirit and fight, thats all I have said. When have I said Hewitt would jump in the trench and fit right in? I severely doubt it, but his zone is out on court, and he shows spirit.

God help us, the boy shows some G&D and some fight, too many Victorians hail when they see gutless Philipoussis!

UNIT said:
So much for the ol Lleyton ANZAC spirit and Phar Lap heart we keep hearing about.
:D

Yes, because as we all know, the ANZACS really kicked some arrse in Gallipoli. :rolleyes:

The ANZAC spirit is about showing courage and determination in the face of impossible odds and for this past fortnight, Hewitt has done just that.

He, more than just about any other sportsman makes me feel proud to be Australian.

Bad Luck Hewitt, great fortnight a well deserved number 2 in the world.

There will be plenty more times that we will get to see this top Australian represent our country, and I look forward to it.

Enjoy your Ferrari driving over the next few months, while your out and about lower your window as you drive past all your knockers and give them a quick sharp wave

Game, set, match, Safin.

Music to my ears.

I'll cheer for Lleyton during Davis Cup...but that's it.

JohnF said:
Yes, because as we all know, the ANZACS really kicked some arrse in Gallipoli. :rolleyes:

The ANZAC spirit is about showing courage and determination in the face of impossible odds and for this past fortnight, Hewitt has done just that.

He, more than just about any other sportsman makes me feel proud to be Australian.

He sure does have that Spirit of the Anzac.

Shame some goons on here have not a clue about tennis or the Legend of the Anzac.

Funny how some say they will support in Davis Cup. Get out of here, you are silly and sad.

This thread is funny.

He is a tennis player. He plays an individual rich mans sport, that requires him to hit a fluffy ball over a net and get paid obscene money. He is tenacious, he fights hard. He is not a soldier, he is not a boxer, he is not in a battle and he will never get hurt.

Marat is cool. He is clearly better, he came from behind, playing the Aussie bloke in the Aussie open and he smashed him. Lleyton summed himself up with his little outburst, but Courier summed it up better:

"If only Lleyton didn't do things like that, we could all be full in our admiration for him".

In other words, he is tough, he can play, but the bloke is a plonker and nobody likes him, except Tennis ********ers and flag waving monarchists.

Now Lleyton proposes to Bec...how long have these two been together...4 weeks??? Sheer pathetic indulgence on the part of Lleyton, and sheer media whore on the part of Bec. How tacky...let Safin have his moment you bastards.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But oddly enough Scud had nothing to do with having Delta on his arm, it was Delta looking for the publicity.

Far out the hypocrisy on this board is scary!

Scud was after a 'bit'. Delta was after a bit of Womans Day, New Idea, NW action...it all worked well in the context of 'brave Delta, beats 98% curable form of cancer, hooks up with an bloke who can give her a leg up in regards to international and domestic exposure, cuts a record full of nausea inducing pap about it, gets dumped when Scud realises he is being played by the media whore and her mum for more front covers and headlines, then 'spins' it into the whole innocent sweet princess Delta getting dumped for cheap and nasty Paris, while the same innocent princess is hooking up with married men etc etc...People need to realise its just a game to these people.
And this latest Bec/Lleyton marriage nonsense is no different. Why else would Bec accept a proposal for marriage two and a half seconds into a relationship (and a relationship where she is a Lleyton's rebound thing anyway)? Simple..What Network does the show Bec appears on happen to be? Seven. What Network does Dancing With The Stars happen to air on? Seven. Who 'happened' to win that? Sweet Bec. What Network does the tennis appear on? Seven. Hmmmm, well if we can somehow inject Bec into their somehow and get her in the picture...you dont have to be Einstein to work out where this whole scenario ends. And this whole proposal nonsense is just the next phase in Seven and Bec's PR teams marketing campaign for the creation of a new Delta...

As for Lleyton im betting he is happy to have any chick give him a second glance at this point.

Not a fan of Lleyton, he's doesn't have the shots and his on-court behaviour borders on being a bad sport. Lleyton, the foot-fault rule does apply to you, it's not something the linesmen make up.

Heard Lleyton on the radio saying he's loved having Australia behind him. Shame that he believes this and thinks he can behave anyway he likes on court.

The media was getting set for super hype over-drive, Lleyton would've been BIGGER than the ANZACS. Pity for the scribes that Lleyton wasn't good enough to win.

I really hoped for a 6-0, 6-0, 6-0 drubbing and Lleyton crying for his mother on match point, but this was good enough.

No Lleyton all of Australia isnt behind you.
Seems to me as if the only Australian's 'behind' Lleyton were those wishing to
jump on the bandwagon, Paranoid South Australian's who just think negative sentiment concerning Lleyton is based on envy and hatred of them at one of their own making 'good' and those living in cloud cuckoo land who think acting like an **************** on court, abusing line judges, being openly dismissive of and showing no respect towards lower ranked opponents and saying 'Come On' like a broken record somehow makes you an ANZAC.

Once this media driven hysteria about the little prick is over he will go back to being the most hated sportsmen in Australia. Simple as that.

Homer Jnr said:

If you want to blow it out of proportion, dont go bagging me whilst at it. Learn to read and use your ********ing heads if you are going jump to conclusions.

Who here cracked the ********s at Safin for slamming his racquet?

What type of Australian, using on-court behaviour as a guide supports the man who breaks racquets more often the Chinese swimmers break records?

How do you like them apples Homey ?

Hewitt is an overrated showponiie, his c'mon's are both annoying and disrespectful, at least when Master Safin breaks his racquet it is not disrespecting his opponent.
DO u remember when Federer destroyed Lypton Hewitt 6-0, 7-6 6-0 in last year's US OPEN Final (or something like that scoreline)
Hewitt is an hack ...
And a prat
and i got so joy when the cameras zoomed into his entourage after he lost in the final set.
What kind of bum would blow an 4 - 1 lead in an set anyway ?
BWA HA HA
Us Lypton haters are loving it at the moment.
I hope this poll comes up again at the French Open/Wimbeldon etc !!!

UNIT said:
Self explanatory really. Call me unAustralian if you like...nothing this prick can do will endear him to me...I hope Safin tears him a new one.

You are a moron, and I would suspect that unlike Hewitt, you have never been sucessful at anything you have done, people like you that like to put down Australia achivers make me sick in the stomach. YOU are PATHETIC

Bards said:
how can you poissibly like him... his c'mon are just stupid... i wish that the argentinian guy that spat at hewitt had have collected a nice big green gorbie and spat it right in h is face :D

Good one, everyone respects people that spit in others faces. You are an A grade clown, and not a particularly smart one at that.

Spiritof82 said:
Can't wait for the little bogan from SA to get thrashed by the Russian, then we won't have to put up with seeing him or his rent a girlfriend from some nothing TV show anymore.

With the money Hewitt earns he should be able to afford a better looking hooker than her, she was probably thrown into the job by Channel 7 to try and boost her non existant TV career. They should've learnt from last years tennis "rent a bimbo" with Scudd, her career has gone nowhere as well. :cool:

Ho ho ho... Funny to think that he has actually won more in his life than your footy club ever has.... that should tell you something .

Homer Jnr said:
C'MON!!!!!

We have Aussies that support heartless wimp Philipoussis, the super sledging Aussie cricket team, the man-playing Essendon footy team, woman raping Cantebury Bulldogs, but yet these people have issues with Hewitt??

Australia's own Lleyton Hewitt has done the nation proud and the unpatriotic knobs who disagree can row their boat back to England!

Spot on, but I am afraid that most of these people find the annomity of a message board a great place to bag someone, without substance or the balls to do it to their faces.

UNIT said:
So much for the ol Lleyton ANZAC spirit and Phar Lap heart we keep hearing about.
In your face Lleyton...
In your face John Alexander...
In your face Lleyton's Mum and Dad...
In your face Roger 'Muscles' Rasheed..
In your face Bec Cartwright...

Lleyton a few people jumped on the bandwagon in the last two weeks. Tried to convince us all that he had grown up and was really a great bloke. No Lleyton, im willing to bet within 3 months most people will realize your still and always will be an arrogant, disrespectful prick who deserves to be held up as an ANZAC as much as Wayne Carey does.

Go back to the satelites Lleyton.
Congrats Saf...

PS: Why is Lleyton still on the mic? Safin won...why does he have to stand their and listen to this jingoistic bull********?

You are a sad , bitter individual.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back