Who is Geelong's highest paid local footballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

I know there is a GDFL coach who is on $20,000 a year. Not bad if you can get it.

well drop a name
Yeah Hulkster thorw it out there.

I would assume a couple of blokes at you old mob would be getting a fair whack. With names and pedigree like Robertson, Mitchell, Reid, Zaparankov, et al there would be some good coin flowing one would assume.

The Gowans twins would require 60k between them.

Didn't you say yourself roosters that it ain't always about money? which is it?:confused:

they might wanna play for the love of the game like everyone at the roosters

haha Exactly!
Your a tool Jay. Nobody said players at West are just playing for the love of it. Just said they are playing for a lot less than people think, due to pre-existing relationships with the club. As for the Gowans, speak to the Pres at st Albans. He will tell you he spoke to the twins last year and what they wanted. Somebody at the club has told half of Geelong

Yeah Hulkster thorw it out there.

I would assume a couple of blokes at you old mob would be getting a fair whack. With names and pedigree like Robertson, Mitchell, Reid, Zaparankov, et al there would be some good coin flowing one would assume.

Recent premiership coach to answer the first question.

Your a tool Jay. Nobody said players at West are just playing for the love of it. Just said they are playing for a lot less than people think, due to pre-existing relationships with the club. As for the Gowans, speak to the Pres at st Albans. He will tell you he spoke to the twins last year and what they wanted. Somebody at the club has told half of Geelong
I'm a tool? take your blinkers off roosters everyone in geelong knows (except you) that your club is paying out bucket loads.
So now your listening to romours about what you heard what 3rd or 4th hand? your a goose and you can't handle anyone talking about your club if you don't agree with them.
maybe west should offer the Gowans $10,000 between them and come to the team of love, coz thats what counts!

Been a lot of tiptoeing around the question. Who is the highest paid. most figures heard are rumours but most rumours begin from someone who knows. So here are a few names.
McFarlane (St ALbans) 600
Chubb (St Albans) 700
McLean (St Marys) 500
Carsons (west) 500
Saunders (west) 700
Scott (newtown) 500
Mitchell (ammos)600

All rumours but i imagine they wouldn't be far off the mark

Been a lot of tiptoeing around the question. Who is the highest paid. most figures heard are rumours but most rumours begin from someone who knows. So here are a few names.
Chubb (St Albans) 700
McLean (St Marys) 500
Carsons (west) 500
Saunders (west) 700
Scott (newtown) 500
Mitchell (ammos)600

skrobolak is on a fair whack at east geelong

Recent premiership coach to answer the first question.

On the second, i distance myself a bit now from the inner sanctum at Ammos just a watcher now. But back when i was playing i know the top few were on around $400 a game. That was about 3 year ago. So i would think $400-$600 for those mentioned would not be out of the question. Too much in my book but thats what you have to do.

hammi williams woulda been on huge coin back then

Chubb (St Albans) 700
McLean (St Marys) 500
Carsons (west) 500
Saunders (west) 700
Scott (newtown) 500
Mitchell (ammos)600

Hammi Williams
Tristan Lynch
Peter Bury
Ricky Otoole
Mark Stewart
Sam Clarke
Glen Wallace
Frank Fopiani
Chris Jones
Wade Chapman
Corrigans
Mark Dragacevic
Peter Riccardi
Gavin Smith

i know a few are prodominatley BFL but there is some big coin floating around in that group

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know it is true so dont tell me other wise. You can say whatever you want about rumours etc but i know for a FACT it is true. How do i know that well i just do. But trust me i am right.

Didn't realise you were in the inner sanctum at the Lions Den. remind me, was it you or me that signed his contract?

and a s**t load of coin, the only thing he did was put them 3 years further behind and took one of there best players, paul davis to leopold with him.

Who is back at Portarlington this year... I'm led to believe that Paul was always going to have a crack at GFL level... and it didn't work out, but at least he saw out the season... (might have played in a two's flag?)

Leopold needs to position itself as the club for Peninsula clubs to send their players who want a crack at a higher level too...

Tim Marshall's a good story... but probably the only player who was successful in coming from a BFL club to have a crack at GFL level since LFC left in 1992 for the GFL is Justin Higgins... Brad Grills can be argued as he has won a Lions B and F...

thoughts

Who is back at Portarlington this year... I'm led to believe that Paul was always going to have a crack at GFL level... and it didn't work out, but at least he saw out the season... (might have played in a two's flag?)

Leopold needs to position itself as the club for Peninsula clubs to send their players who want a crack at a higher level too...

Tim Marshall's a good story... but probably the only player who was successful in coming from a BFL club to have a crack at GFL level since LFC left in 1992 for the GFL is Justin Higgins... Brad Grills can be argued as he has won a Lions B and F...

thoughts

thought that maybe he took paul davis a bit too early, as he will be a good gfl player in a few more years.

the scott brothers from drysdale seem to be going ok at newtown this season, any other new recruits excelling in a higher league this season?

thought that maybe he took paul davis a bit too early, as he will be a good gfl player in a few more years.

the scott brothers from drysdale seem to be going ok at newtown this season, any other new recruits excelling in a higher league this season?
Mitch Cuthill from Drysdale now at Bell Park would be another.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back