Who is Geelong's highest paid local footballer?

Remove this Banner Ad

Oct 28, 2005
Here and there
AFL Club
Geelong
Its an interesting question and can be a bit contentious because often figures are just rumour and i expect this thread to be slightly rumour based but often that isnt far from the truth.

But what i do know is that there are a lot of people getting paid very good money to play football around the Geelong area. Some of it well deserved some not.

So who's on what?

id say from what i've heard from good mail, marc dragicevic (st albans) plus he gets flown in from adelaide every weekend that would have him well over a G a week.

yeah i can asure u he gets flown in every friday night and flys home sundays. he's signed up 4 2 years moving back 2 geelong 4 next season apparently.

yeah i can asure u he gets flown in every friday night and flys home sundays. he's signed up 4 2 years moving back 2 geelong 4 next season apparently.

Surely does. Arrived on Saturday against Lara, went straight from Avalon to the ground.

Clark and Graga keep in contact via email during the week.

he couldnt be that good for the young group, a gun gets flown in on game day and flown home on sunday, what a joke this is local football not the freakin afl. if he was traning tuesday and thursdays teaching the kids i could understand it, but i think its craziness.

he couldnt be that good for the young group, a gun gets flown in on game day and flown home on sunday, what a joke this is local football not the freakin afl. if he was traning tuesday and thursdays teaching the kids i could understand it, but i think its craziness.

Mate a return flight booked in advance would only be costing the club about $120 return each weekend so depending on what sort of coin theyre giving him I cant see the problem especially if St Albans have Draga committed for next season. Although not ideal he can teach plenty on a Saturday for a start and then next year (if he's around) he steps up on the Tue and Thurs night also. In my opinion its all about what commitment he's made after this year.

Youre right its not the AFL but its the way country footy has been for years now. To my knowledge St Marys was flying Kane Purcell down from Qld when he was there and many other clubs have flown players in from interstate weekly also.

Mate a return flight booked in advance would only be costing the club about $120 return each weekend so depending on what sort of coin theyre giving him I cant see the problem especially if St Albans have Draga committed for next season. Although not ideal he can teach plenty on a Saturday for a start and then next year (if he's around) he steps up on the Tue and Thurs night also. In my opinion its all about what commitment he's made after this year.

Youre right its not the AFL but its the way country footy has been for years now. To my knowledge St Marys was flying Kane Purcell down from Qld when he was there and many other clubs have flown players in from interstate weekly also.
Good on St Albans for the Draga deal. Yes its a tad out of the ordinary but hey look at the big picture. A struggling club in a rebuilding phase has now on its books one of the best footballers going around. Will help with both recruiting and development of young players in 2009. My bet is 90% of the GFL teams would have taken Draga this year on this deal and the 10% who tell you they wouldn't are lying. :thumbsu::thumbsu::thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

just a rumor but heard that the big man rick wiald left newtown for GWSP for 500 a game.
just a rumor
There would be players on better than that a week. Is this payers only cos there are playing coaches out there that are getting some pretty decent coin.

My sentiments exactly.

It's a complement to the league that players want to travel to play in it.

It is only for 12 months though, draga is back in Geelong next year.

It's a complement to the league that players want to travel to play in it.

It is only for 12 months though, draga is back in Geelong next year.

I seriously doubt it has to do with the League Rizz, more to do with the $$$ I feel, good on him if he can get it and seems to be getting results so a good result for all.

Look for a high profile set of twins running around for the supasaints next year!:D

Remove this Banner Ad

Back