Who will win the flag?

Remove this Banner Ad

Is that the final score?
Gee, if it was, makes me wonder if Ross Lyon was coaching Woodville-West Torrens today ?
Goddard is very defense orientated. West did a great job of shutting down their avenues of attack and the Eagles lost a few quality players to injury in the last week or so

Yep, 25k was about par given the clubs involved. $35 price tag would have turned away a few neutrals who couldn't get their hands on a freebie.

25k is pretty piss-poor given last year was nearly 40k.

Again, Westies and Eagles have tiny support bases. And considering a drought was broken yesterday you can see why. It didn't break any records but it was what would have been expected attendance wise.

I'd just add another factor - the price of tickets. $35 plus a $6.35 "transaction fee" everyone was slugged with at the gate. Absurd.

One would've thought that given how well they've gone there'd be more support, especially for the Eagles given their performance this year, and Westies supporters are passionate when they're going well.

Or are *that* many people really boycotting the SANFL? Surely not given Port were knocked out in straight sets (so much for dominance, not) and the Crows were only a few wins out of the 5 anyway.

I'd just add another factor - the price of tickets. $35 plus a $6.35 "transaction fee" everyone was slugged with at the gate. Absurd.

The fudge? Last year there wasn't a transaction fee at all. I paid $35 for mine, my partner was concession and my brother was $15. I have the receipt so there definitely wasn't a transaction fee on there.

The fudge? Last year there wasn't a transaction fee at all. I paid $35 for mine, my partner was concession and my brother was $15. I have the receipt so there definitely wasn't a transaction fee on there.

Initially I thought it was some rort for people paying by card (but you couldn't pay by card) - but it turns out every person whether you were adult, senior, concession, child had to pay this ridiculous fee which, from what I can gather, is a Adelaide Oval's tax on spectators simply entering the stadium. Felt sorry for the ticketing staff who copping it from irate people all afternoon. Wasn't advertised on the SANFL website and very poor form by the Adelaide Oval.

Initially I thought it was some rort for people paying by card (but you couldn't pay by card) - but it turns out every person whether you were adult, senior, concession, child had to pay this ridiculous fee which, from what I can gather, is a Adelaide Oval's tax on spectators simply entering the stadium. Felt sorry for the ticketing staff who copping it from irate people all afternoon. Wasn't advertised on the SANFL website and very poor form by the Adelaide Oval.

Sounds like another money - hungry SANFL rort. Absolute crock. SANFL and AO need to tell people why.

And I paid by card last year - so have they ditched EFTPOS as well?

Good win by the Bloods. They certainly played better on the day. My old man is one happy boy today.

On the crowd, the cost of tickets was ridiculous (lucky I managed to get one off a friend). I would have thought the SANFL would open the gates to any AFL member (with game access) to encourage people to go to the footy. After all, they would make more money having 45k there for free paying $8.80 a beer than having a small amount buy tickets and then selling less beer and food.

Sounds like another money - hungry SANFL rort. Absolute crock. SANFL and AO need to tell people why.

And I paid by card last year - so have they ditched EFTPOS as well?
If it's anything like transaction fees anywhere else then Adelaide oval wouldnt be getting a cent from it, the money would be to pay for the ticketing system they use, ticketek or whatever it is. Adelaide oval wouldn't want an additional fee if they could help it because it drives people crazy and has a negative impact of spectator enjoyment.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

they were selling general admission at the gate for 5 bucks or something. good thing everyone knew about that so they could head down. it was a ridiculous price and it was funny at the prelim everyone around me going silent when they announced the price. it probably kept a good 5-10k away at least, but it was still a good crowd considering how small the supporter bases of ourselves and wwt are.

One would've thought that given how well they've gone there'd be more support, especially for the Eagles given their performance this year, and Westies supporters are passionate when they're going well.

Or are *that* many people really boycotting the SANFL? Surely not given Port were knocked out in straight sets (so much for dominance, not) and the Crows were only a few wins out of the 5 anyway.
Yes, spoke to many who regularly attend the GF no matter who is playing and refused to go this year.
I went to the GF as I have done for the last 30 odd years but my interest in the SANFL has definately diminished. I attend Norwood most weeks as I still love the club but apart from finals I havnt attended a neutral game for 2 years. I regularly used to attend several neutral games a year

Far out $35 entry price. The VFL on Sunday was only $20 at Eithad stadium and the VFL is classified as a higher league.
Btw- I'm from Melb..

My parents got married on Oct 1st, 1983 - The last time West Adelaide won the GF -

a lot of people were annoyed with them for picking that date - I have a feeling no one would've cared if they had to go to a wedding last sunday in Adelaide. How times change, eh?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back