Society/Culture Why I blame Islam for the fact it's raining today.... part 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Reminder:

This isn't the Israel/Hamas thread.

Go to the Israel/Hamas thread if you want to talk about that.

Thanks.

In Australia, non-Aboriginal people make up 97 per cent of the population. We are seeing political sway. What percentage of non-Aboriginal people do you think is appropriate for Australia?
Oh wow you got me! Not sure why or how this is relevant unless your trying to prove mass immigration ruins the way of life for the current inhabitants ?

Well if he tried to introduce Sharia Law for example that simply wouldn't pass as the UK isn't a dictatorship...

Australia isnt a dictatorship either, and even if it was, Sharia law wouldn't pass here in Australia either:

Section 116 of our Constitution provides:

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

In light of the above provision, please explain to me how Sharia law becomes the law of Australia?

Australia isnt a dictatorship either, and even if it was, Sharia law wouldn't pass here in Australia either:

The Commonwealth shall not make any law for establishing any religion, or for imposing any religious observance, or for prohibiting the free exercise of any religion, and no religious test shall be required as a qualification for any office or public trust under the Commonwealth.

In light of the above provision, please explain to me how Sharia law becomes the law of Australia?
Through a referendum changing that…

Is it going to happen any time soon of course not.

How about Muslims living in western countries, how fundamental are they?

I think we will find a common thread here…

We went on an excursion at uni, and as you do, packed some eskie's to bring.
One of our lecturer's was Iranian, he helped himself to a stubby of beer, and seeing a coke label that had floated off its bottle , plucked it out and stuck it over the top of the VB label, exclaiming , "Just in case Allah is watching " we all thought it was bloody hilarious.

In England Muslims make up 6.5% and growing. So when does that reach 10-20-30-40% when do we see political sway?

If they live in enclave's they can sway local elections, at a higher level they can maybe win a seat based on their religious views. In most cases , when this happens a major party would get on board with them, so while they get their voice heard, they are still a long way from running the show.

You could argue that the 40% /50% would only have real sway if they spread out across all the electorate seats.

( Dandenong as an example is 14% Muslim Blacktown have 23%, a similar level to Catholics ).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If Islam was the majority religion in Australia?

Homosexuality could be banned, women forced to wear face coverings, alcohol banned for example.

You seemed to ignore everything I said. If we retain democracy and general quality of life we have today, that won’t be happening regardless of religious affiliations.

We went on an excursion at uni, and as you do, packed some eskie's to bring.
One of our lecturer's was Iranian, he helped himself to a stubby of beer, and seeing a coke label that had floated off its bottle , plucked it out and stuck it over the top of the VB label, exclaiming , "Just in case Allah is watching " we all thought it was bloody hilarious.

But according to some here they are just biding time waiting to implement a Taliban style govt.

Another thing re this Islam fear of them becoming the majority and we just have to live with draconian rules from the harshest Islam majority dictatorships in the Middle East, the people here now, do they want to live like that?

This would happen over generations if it somehow happened, and then you get 2nd, 3rd, 4th generations etc who inter mingle and enjoy how things are. Do some think once this hits some critical mass all those who’ve been here for generations will suddenly just want to trash democracy and their way of life to recreate some fundamental form of Islam beliefs here?

It’s about as likely as evangelical Christian’s taking over, actually it’s less likely.

If Islam was the majority religion in Australia?

Homosexuality could be banned, women forced to wear face coverings, alcohol banned for example.
Homosexuality was banned for the majority of White Australia's existence. Australia got very close to banning alcohol. And there's been a ridiculous numer of prohibitive laws regarding females.

So these things have and could happen regardless of Islam.

Homosexuality was banned for the majority of White Australia's existence. Australia got very close to banning alcohol. And there's been a ridiculous numer of prohibitive laws regarding females.

So these things have and could happen regardless of Islam.
We also had slaves but moved out of the Stone Age…. That’s the point..

We also had slaves but moved out of the Stone Age…. That’s the point..

1997 when homosexuality stopp being illegal anywhere in Australia wasn't the stone age.

I think Australia is more culturally advanced than Saudia Arabia, but I don't htink that religion has played as big a role in it as you - it's been the secularism built into our constitution, democracy and education that has enabled Australians to move past religious doctrine. And the muslims in Australia are Australians - most of whom will come along for the ride, just as most Christians have moved away from that crap.

1997 when homosexuality stopp being illegal anywhere in Australia wasn't the stone age.

I think Australia is more culturally advanced than Saudia Arabia, but I don't htink that religion has played as big a role in it as you - it's been the secularism built into our constitution, democracy and education that has enabled Australians to move past religious doctrine. And the muslims in Australia are Australians - most of whom will come along for the ride, just as most Christians have moved away from that crap.
You THINK Australia is more culturally advanced than Saudi Arabia?

They are in the Stone Age.

You THINK Australia is more culturally advanced than Saudi Arabia?

They are in the Stone Age.
I don't know what you think. I assume it's because you're too embarassed to say it as most will consider it to be culturally backward. That tends to be the case, when someone just asks "challenging" questions without giving their opinion.

As I said if it somehow happened that Islam became majority in Australia and it would be over a fair few generations. The existing ones whose background went 50-100 years here wouldn’t be wanting any fundamentalist take over of the country, it doesn’t make any sense.

You just sent a link to how gay people are treated in Muslim countries without any comment or context, then play the victim of how you being strawmanned.
You were given a link on the attitudes of Muslims living in Western society and you obviously didn't read or understand it.

It's not worth my time to argue irrelevant shit with you and others who similarly don't pay attention.

A seismic shift like that would no doubt be a product of a wholesale takeover of our political institutions, so to be fair, the constitution becomes toilet paper at that point.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back