Endless Summer of Cricket

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
I sense we will be all out for 150......
We just need to be smart. Try to last till the end of the day and drag it into the second session tomorrow. Endurance is the key, the score isn’t as important. A draw is the main aim as it would bring us confidence drawing without Smith, and England would have more pressure building to get a win to level the series.

The thing to batting in these conditions is that it's all about good technique and letting LOTS of balls go through to the keeper. As soon as you think you need to hit your way out, it's a matter of time before you edge one or mistime it. Patience is everything.

Can Warner do that? It's not his natural game. But some of his best test innings have been when he has curbed his temperament and built a score carefully. Opening session is critical.

The thing to batting in these conditions is that it's all about good technique and letting LOTS of balls go through to the keeper. As soon as you think you need to hit your way out, it's a matter of time before you edge one or mistime it. Patience is everything.

Can Warner do that? It's not his natural game. But some of his best test innings have been when he has curbed his temperament and built a score carefully. Opening session is critical.
The century he made against NZ in Tasmania when the ball was moving big was one of his finest but not sure about his mindset.

Broad is getting too much movement. Warner would have edged half a dozen already except it's seaming far too much to get any bat on.

And Harris needs to move his feet. Standing on the crease.

Edit: ...And gets out to a good length ball he should have stepped forward to.

Seriously, don't our national team openers have a bloody clue about digging in and NOT gifting their wickets FFS. Yes Broad and Archer are bowling well..but what did the openers expect!!. If Harris fails in the second innings, then he is out for the next test and give someone else a crack that wants to try and not give his wicket away

Seriously, don't our national team openers have a bloody clue about digging in and NOT gifting their wickets FFS. Yes Broad and Archer are bowling well..but what did the openers expect!!. If Harris fails in the second innings, then he is out for the next test and give someone else a crack that wants to try and not give his wicket away
he got a good nut . I wouldnt think that dismissal would count against him. Not sure what else he could have done. I'm guessing you have played heaps of cricket

he got a good nut . I wouldnt think that dismissal would count against him. Not sure what else he could have done. I'm guessing you have played heaps of cricket
What has me playing high level cricket got to do with anything - a rubbish comment. These guys are supposed to be international standard and are getting paid big bucks and should have prepared for movement being in England and all..why is it that they can't bunker down and not wave the bat.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you cant leave it when it is angling in as if it goes straight your off pole will be out of the ground
Leaving is a general thing openers need to do well, particularly when conditions are in the bowlers' favour. The ball Harris got out to wasn't one to leave but it was one to step forward to. He stood in his crease and got squared up. Good delivery but he played it poorly.

Poor technique from both openers though. Got to know where your off stump is and leave leave leave. Can't stand on the crease and prod. Step forward or step back.
You'd be a brave man to leave some of those. If they don't move, you're castled.

Poor technique from both openers though. Got to know where your off stump is and leave leave leave. Can't stand on the crease and prod. Step forward or step back.
The balls have been heading towards off stump though. Then jagging away savagely. Hard to leave them.

Warner was in decent batting form in the World Cup earlier on. Then seems like in the Semi Final he just went to his shell and hasn’t been the same since. Hopefully a turnaround soon.

Leaving is a general thing openers need to do well, particularly when conditions are in the bowlers' favour. The ball Harris got out to wasn't one to leave but it was one to step forward to. He stood in his crease and got squared up. Good delivery but he played it poorly.
I reckon stepping forward to Archer would be a fairly difficult psychological hurdle to get over right now.

What has me playing high level cricket got to do with anything - a rubbish comment. These guys are supposed to be international standard and are getting paid big bucks and should have prepared for movement being in England and all..why is it that they can't bunker down and not wave the bat.
well no one who has played at a decent level would say that comment. You can be prepared all you like but if it nips off the seam like it did to harris then you will nick it and you be out

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back