Media Wonders Rebrand for Heritage Round 37

Remove this Banner Ad

Season 17 New
20th Anniversary of Season 17

Season 37 marks the 20th anniversary of the 17th season. A season that saw the Seventh (and by now West Coast) Wonders bring in their fourth premiership.

PVF was the captain for the season after the season 16 captains ShaunDuggan and Wise Guy Sam both departed for the Swamprats and Royals. The Colosseum had become the Wonders home ground in the time between season 07 and 17 as well.

2021-08-11_13-13-06-png.1750285

The season was the last of the boncer34 administrative era and started off with three straight wins with the Wonders first loss not arriving until round four and a three game loss streak would have them sitting on 3-3 by round 6, but that would be there longest losing streak of the season with a 9-9 record booking them a place in an elimination final.

It was an away elimination final against the Gumbies to get the finals party started and the Wonders won that by 14 points to move on to defeating the Hawks by just one point in a semi final. Their old foe in the Demons was next to secure a grand final berth and the Wonders were able to get it done by 14 points to book a match against the Dragons in the grand final.

Premiers - West Coast Wonders 16.13.109 def Dragons FFC 11.6.72

Premiership Squad

B: QS - Son of Skeletor - Frothies McVeigh
HB: SSwans2011 - Gibbsy - Joshen
C: Shallow - ClarkeM - croweater 41
HF: Sydney Bloods - Speck - jjsmitty8
F: TheFreshBanana - Marklar_33 - Jarlcorbz
R: Brown Bottle - DemonJim - PVF
INT: Cotch_9 - Tiff

It was of course a convincing victory against the Dragons by 37 points to confirm the premiership but the Deestroy medal for best on ground didn't go to a Wonder, instead it went to Deddy from the Dragons.

Of that season 17 premiership team a number of them are still around the league. SSwans2011 BallaratBulldog (Shallow) ClarkeM croweater 41 Marklar_33 and PVF are all still listed at the Wonders while DemonJim and Frothies Mcveigh are still around the league but at other clubs.

1708042057078.png

DemonJim and Marklar_33 were anointed the best and fairest for the premiership season while Marklar also kicked 74 goals to take home the goal kicking award.

Other club-level awards given in that season was rookie of the year (Brown Bottle), Best Clubman (BallaratBulldog), the captains award (Speck), and most improved (TheFreshBanana).

On a league level, DemonJim and ClarkeM were selected in the All-SFA team with DemonJim also coming second in the Mobbenfuhrer medal losing out to lanky_wes by six votes. ClarkeM was also inducted into the league Hall of Fame.

season-15-24-png.554823

Season 27 New
p8K6PQ.gif

10th Anniversary of Season 27

A premiership? no.
A finals series? no
A bunch of SFA legends in one team? yes

Season 27 may not have been as much as a success on the field as season 17 but the list was strong. Dingster took over as sole captain this season after the club having four captains in the season prior.

The Wonders only managed six wins in season 27 with victories against the Gumbies, Swamprats, Furies, Royals, Dragons, and Bears suffering a second last placed positioning on the ladder - 11th.

The season marked future FRED medallist Bonz's first season in the competition while Marklar_33 returned to the fold.

After the first round haydo left for the Gumbies while ShaunDuggan left for the Royals over the off-season.

This team was still stacked with talent:
Mainstay Wonders ClarkeM, croweater 41, dogs105, BallaratBulldog, JT_the_Man, SSwans2011, and Wojcinski were and still key parts of the Wonders.
Names such as Elton Johns Wig, okeydoke7, Sab22, Dingster, Bonz, and U2tigers were also on this star studded list before leaving and forging their careers further at other clubs.
What a bunch of legends!

1708085834997.png

As for award winners - U2tigers took out the best and fairest and okeydoke7 took out the other key club award, the leading goal kicker award.

Bonz was the Wonders rookie of the year, Elton Johns Wig won the clubman of the season award, ClarkeM was awarded captains choice and Dingster was the clubs best poster.

In the league Awards EJW was the highest Mobbenfuhrer Medal vote receiver sitting 16th and while the list was full of stars it was only U2tigers that got the nod for all-SFA selection.

Wonders.png

1547411941782-png.604794

p8K6PQ.gif

10th Anniversary of Season 27

A premiership? no.
A finals series? no
A bunch of SFA legends in one team? yes

Season 27 may not have been as much as a success on the field as season 17 but the list was strong. Dingster took over as sole captain this season after the club having four captains in the season prior.

The Wonders only managed six wins in season 27 with victories against the Gumbies, Swamprats, Furies, Royals, Dragons, and Bears suffering a second last placed positioning on the ladder - 11th.

The season marked future FRED medallist Bonz's first season in the competition while Marklar_33 returned to the fold.

After the first round haydo left for the Gumbies while ShaunDuggan left for the Royals over the off-season.

This team was still stacked with talent:
Mainstay Wonders ClarkeM, croweater 41, dogs105, BallaratBulldog, JT_the_Man, SSwans2011, and Wojcinski were and still key parts of the Wonders.
Names such as Elton Johns Wig, okeydoke7, Sab22, Dingster, Bonz, and U2tigers were also on this star studded list before leaving and forging their careers further at other clubs.
What a bunch of legends!

View attachment 1906791

As for award winners - U2tigers took out the best and fairest and okeydoke7 took out the other key club award, the leading goal kicker award.

Bonz was the Wonders rookie of the year, Elton Johns Wig won the clubman of the season award, ClarkeM was awarded captains choice and Dingster was the clubs best poster.

In the league Awards EJW was the highest Mobbenfuhrer Medal vote receiver sitting 16th and while the list was full of stars it was only U2tigers that got the nod for all-SFA selection.

Wonders.png

1547411941782-png.604794

Fun fact, this season was the closest I ever went to All-SFA… At least I think it was, I fact checked and this was definitely a season where I made the extended squad of 30. Pretty sure it’s the only time I‘ve done that.

Fun fact, this season was the closest I ever went to All-SFA… At least I think it was, I fact checked and this was definitely a season where I made the extended squad of 30. Pretty sure it’s the only time I‘ve done that.
It was your highest averaged dream team score season as well! Prime JT

Remove this Banner Ad

Back