Discussion Xavier Clarke's fitness.

Remove this Banner Ad

ChrisFooty

Premiership Player
Oct 12, 2005
Victoria
AFL Club
St Kilda
Looked a long way of the pace today. My question though. Apparently he has played a month in the VFL before returning. I would of thought they should of selected him at least once at senior level before the finals. I.e the Essendon match (even though that did not prove to be good practise)

Looked underdone.

Yeh i was at the game today and he did look off the pace, its understandable considering his first game back at AFL level and in a finals atmosphere. Showed a positive sign at the end of the game with a long chase down of a geelong player, hopefully gets another chance because he gives good run and carry

Shouldn't have played today for two reasons.

One: Dumb idea to throw him in the deep end against Geelong after his injuries and a month in the VFL. If Ross wanted him to play today, he should've played last week.

Two: Big ground, wet ball, physical game, not his style. Would've much rather had a tough nut like Birss or Armitage instead.

agreed, Birss should have played yesterday

man did we miss Bakes aswell to stop Ablett or Bartell or Selwood or 1 of them

I think Birss would have been too slow to go with even Bartell, and certainly too slow for Ablett.

Where is Baker at anyway? Is he playing for the Scorpions?

We missed the grunt of Luke Ball, and I would have liked to have seen Armitage out there instead of X, though I'm not convinced Armitage's form for Casey has been great in the last month

Shouldn't have played today for two reasons.

One: Dumb idea to throw him in the deep end against Geelong after his injuries and a month in the VFL. If Ross wanted him to play today, he should've played last week.

Two: Big ground, wet ball, physical game, not his style. Would've much rather had a tough nut like Birss or Armitage instead.

Thought he was OK in the second half. Unfortunately rust was flaking off him in the first. Thought your second point was spot on - this is the same problem as the Collingwood game. Armo should be selected when he is in form (he is) and when the conditions suit (they did).

It's all easy in hindsight brothers.

If Armo played a shocker yesterday (which to be honest, his last two senior appearances haven't been good) he would have got bagged. Instead it's X Clarke copping it.

Will be better for the run.

I think Birss would have been too slow to go with even Bartell, and certainly too slow for Ablett.

Where is Baker at anyway? Is he playing for the Scorpions?

We missed the grunt of Luke Ball, and I would have liked to have seen Armitage out there instead of X, though I'm not convinced Armitage's form for Casey has been great in the last month
Bakes out for season somefan to do with his knee not acl.not to sure ...

I like X Clarke as a player for his tackling and ball use. But honestly, he's too injury prone and his engine is no good whatsoever. I'd like to see him stay at the club but unless he has a good run with injury (very unlikley) i dont see him going anywhere unfortunately.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back