Autopsy Yartapuulti (Power) v Hawks - AFL Rd 10, 2024 - Sunday May 19th 2:50pm - (Adelaide Oval)

Who will win and by how much?

• Port by a goal or less

Votes: 1 3.1%
  • Hawks by a goal or less

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Port by 7 - 20

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Hawks by 7 - 20

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Port by a lot

Votes: 19 59.4%
  • Hawks by a lot

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 1 3.1%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I really don't understand modern coaching. It used to be "When you're on a good thing, stick to it", but these days the moment you get 5 goals ahead you change everything and give your opposition a chance. Buggered if I'll ever understand it.

It started when they started taking a player off the ground for a rest after they kicked a goal. Like WTF, have coaches never heard of a Heater!!

Hardwick has been doing that for the entire year.

Starting forward and going back late in the quarter to see it out.

Sam and co made the decision to leave him down back in the last quarter to provide experience to a side who's KPD pairing has a combined 9 games between them.

I have absolutely zero gripes with throwing Hardwick down back. My biggest gripe is moving Nash off Butters who had absolutely dominated him all game.

Butters isn't big enough to wear a 197cm 100kg body for 4 quarters of footy. JHF is bigger and stronger and could handle that level of physicality.

Just because Mitchell has done it before, it doesn't make it right.

That rioli free kick was soft as butter. Terrible call. Especially considering the umpires umpired like a wet weather final all game (unless it was jhf)

Say what you like about Mitchell and his tactics but if that free kick wasn't plucked out of thin air he would have been right.

Sent from my SM-G990E using Tapatalk
It was a clear free kick.

I bet you were quiet about the umpiring in the 1st half when you were blessed with umpiring decisions.

Gold Coast vs Richmond in the Karmichael Hunt game?
I remember that, I thought it was under 60 seconds, but you're right, under 30 seconds checking it again (been 12 years since I last saw it). Port also had a game like that in 2017, but had more time like under 60 seconds where they kicked 2 goals to beat St Kilda.

Last edited:
Just because Mitchell has done it before, it doesn't make it right.

The game in the last quarter was won and lost in the midfield. Not because Dimma was down back compared to up front.

We got smashed in the contested ball in the last quarter. Butters went beast mode when Nash moved off him.

Like I said, we were out on our feet midway in the 3rd quarter. The boys threw everything at them.

Obviously not happy with the result, but with a moment to think about it, if you’d said Port would win by a point in the siren at home, I’d have taken that. The came hard at us in the second half, and we wilted a bit, but I’m ok with that.

the simpsons GIF

(Log in to remove this ad.)

As for Breust as the sub? Finn Maguiness would have been better tactically. Take CJ off (managed) and send him to one of the guns or use his running ability. He has been training to play forward, back and tag?

Was the rain not forecast?

Port have been involved in 11 games since the start of last season and have won 9 of them (one of those losses was against Collingwood too).

They just know how to get it done when the game is there to be won. As long as they stay in the top 4, they're right in the flag race, especially with how even it is.
They need to play more games. 9 and 2 is a great record, but if that’s all they’ve played since the start of last season, they’ll never even make the finals, let alone win the flag.

So many people acting as if they have any idea on how to play or coach. It’s so laughable.

Hawthorn clearly lost their run just before three quarter time. The decision was made to play a stoppage game and try milk time, but went too far red light. When it should’ve been yellow, taking what the defense gives you. Those saying it should’ve been all guns blazing or green light footy, have NFI.

Back