80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Back to home club on the weekend. Played 9 on the moonah course. Enjoyable and striped my drives. cause it was social struggled at times as i was rushing.

giphy.gif

I shot 91/76 on Saturday. I was playing alright except for a triple on the 9th. I then went par, birdie and par on 10, 11 and 12. On 13 I had a 2.5m putt for par. Just as I was about to putt the ball one of the blokes in our four said to another “he’s going to be pissed if he misses this.” I did and three putted. It rattled me and I finished with five more double-bogeys after this.
Now, I know I should have been able to compose myself and I would like to believe that if this happens again, I would handle it better. In saying this, that is bullshit that someone would say that. Especially right as you’re standing over the ball about to putt.

I shot 91/76 on Saturday. I was playing alright except for a triple on the 9th. I then went par, birdie and par on 10, 11 and 12. On 13 I had a 2.5m putt for par. Just as I was about to putt the ball one of the blokes in our four said to another “he’s going to be pissed if he misses this.” I did and three putted. It rattled me and I finished with five more double-bogeys after this.
Now, I know I should have been able to compose myself and I would like to believe that if this happens again, I would handle it better. In saying this, that is bullshit that someone would say that. Especially right as you’re standing over the ball about to putt.

Thats fugged

Would report said bloke to club captain

That's shithouse. Agree with toxic, report the prick (unless the bloke is someone u are mates with). At my club that I play at theres a disciplinary committee for s**t things like behaviour, dress code etc etc. Hope your club gives the bloke the heave ho. or just a little shove.

Thats fugged

Would report said bloke to club captain
That's shithouse. Agree with toxic, report the prick (unless the bloke is someone u are mates with). At my club that I play at theres a disciplinary committee for s**t things like behaviour, dress code etc etc. Hope your club gives the bloke the heave ho. or just a little shove.
I have never played golf with him before. He tried to whisper it but he was only about four metres away. I’m going to let it slide. I won’t play golf with him again though.

I have never played golf with him before. He tried to whisper it but he was only about four metres away. I’m going to let it slide. I won’t play golf with him again though.

If he did this on multiple holes I think it is more than fair game to report him, as the boys above said. If it was the one time thing, I think I handle it the way you did/will.

That being the case the best thing to do is as you said, avoid him on the booking sheet

News to hand is that when the Ocean course at National is being "Doaked" we will have access to some saturday morning tee times at St Andrews Beach GC down the road.

Nothing like an upgrade :D

Get to play my first full round in a month this Sunday at Yarra Bend, combination of things have kept from playing ( back,weather and family visiting from the West). the back has been a problem so the recent cool weather hasn't helped, hopefully i get through the round on Sunday. Don't think it will be to warm Sunday at 7am.

Just hoping i don't suck to bad either.

Get to play my first full round in a month this Sunday at Yarra Bend, combination of things have kept from playing ( back,weather and family visiting from the West). the back has been a problem so the recent cool weather hasn't helped, hopefully i get through the round on Sunday. Don't think it will be to warm Sunday at 7am.

I too will be playing on Sunday mate!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Went as i expected, shot 96, playing off 21, gave me a net 75. Game was very inconsistent, had some good holes, and some ordinary holes. Had a ten on one which summed up the round, if the ball had been a metre to the right would not have collected the over hanging tree and shot my ball out of bounds, hit the provisional decent , then proceeded to completely utensil it up after that, played army golf :). Putting was the only bright spot, had 32 for the round. Overall wasn't too annoyed, next round with these guys is at Cape Schanck, that will be fun.

It was a touch fresh ,and when you cannot see the flag on the green due to fog, makes for an interesting game.

Went as i expected, shot 96, playing off 21, gave me a net 75. Game was very inconsistent, had some good holes, and some ordinary holes. Had a ten on one which summed up the round, if the ball had been a metre to the right would not have collected the over hanging tree and shot my ball out of bounds, hit the provisional decent , then proceeded to completely utensil it up after that, played army golf :). Putting was the only bright spot, had 32 for the round. Overall wasn't too annoyed, next round with these guys is at Cape Schanck, that will be fun.

It was a touch fresh ,and when you cannot see the flag on the green due to fog, makes for an interesting game.

\You still wore shorts right?

22 at the Dunes today. Lost about 5 balls that i thought were fine. Brutal blind shots around there. Gave up caring in the end. Not used to greens that quick with those undulations

OK i am going to brag. Played Eyensbury today with my brother. Not sure if anyone is familiar with it but I shot an 80 with 4 birdies!! Birdie on the first (par 4), then get this,birdied the 5th (par 5), 6th (par 4), 7th (par 5). 3 birdies in a row!.I am going to bed tonight with my 9 iron, she was good today. Haha.
PS Brother is seriously pissed off.

OK i am going to brag. Played Eyensbury today with my brother. Not sure if anyone is familiar with it but I shot an 80 with 4 birdies!! Birdie on the first (par 4), then get this,birdied the 5th (par 5), 6th (par 4), 7th (par 5). 3 birdies in a row!.I am going to bed tonight with my 9 iron, she was good today. Haha.

Jesus!! What's your handicap??? Playing off 8 ?

Jesus!! What's your handicap??? Playing off 8 ?
Nah, 15. I had a day out with my short game and just stayed out of trouble off the tee. I'm more likely to shoot 90 plus. Haha. I did play to 10 a few years ago before my lower back problems began and affect me now. I always walk when i play,but yesterday i shared a cart. Maybe that helped!!

Sensational scoring

Have kicked the ice off Eynesbury a few times.

Did you carry the water off 18 off the tee?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back