80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Does anyone else use the matte coloured Volvik balls and what’s your thoughts?

I use them and thoroughly enjoy them, seem to get less of a slice but have lost some distance (super easy to find the ball as well which is a bonus).

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

I use them and thoroughly enjoy them, seem to get less of a slice but have lost some distance (super easy to find the ball as well which is a bonus).

No to colored balls
Not for me

i have and do not.

Horrible today. Didn't play any clubs well. Genuinely didn't enjoy myself today, really got to me and felt like what was the point?

Question for the veterans.
What do you do when someone is in front of you holding you up and playing multiple balls. We never got within earshot so I couldn't chat to them, but we were waiting every hole because there were two of them and one of them was playing two balls, and not quickly either. I'm not sure what was happening ahead of them.

Horrible today. Didn't play any clubs well. Genuinely didn't enjoy myself today, really got to me and felt like what was the point?

What do you do when someone is in front of you holding you up and playing multiple balls. We never got within earshot so I couldn't chat to them, but we were waiting every hole because there were two of them and one of them was playing two balls, and not quickly either. I'm not sure what was happening ahead of them.

Absolute joke. If someone is doing that they' be disqualified im pretty sure. you cant play two balls in comp!!!!! Two players should race through 18

Absolute joke. If someone is doing that they' be disqualified im pretty sure. you cant play two balls in comp!!!!! Two players should race through 18
Was really frustrating. We didn't know what to do because we never got close enough to speak to them. Like we were held up basically every hole, but by the time we got to the tee they were already on the fairway.

I didn't want to yell across the hole, so we just stood there and waited each time.

Was really frustrating. We didn't know what to do because we never got close enough to speak to them. Like we were held up basically every hole, but by the time we got to the tee they were already on the fairway.

I didn't want to yell across the hole, so we just stood there and waited each time.
club/course?
comp?

Not comp. Im a social hacker haha. Was at Wattle Park.

Ok. I think this sort of behaviour is more common at public courses which is fair enough cause it’s basically all social.

Dunno how you’d deal with someone playing two balls other than joining them

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yes the 6th. 60m chip from edge of fairway? Or a pitch/full swing? semantics i know :D

Wind direction?

Front pin there is very difficult.

Ball rolled off the back? That's a 40m front to back length green. long roll!

Here's the hole in question for those playing at home

That's the one. Wind behind, hit from the edge of that valley. Front pin. Landed maybe 4m past, rolled off of the back. Playing a pro V1 and hit a lob wedge. Ball bounced nearly as high as the pin.
peternorth will know the hole better than me but from what I can tell pitching a high floating lob wedge to 4m past that front pin when the greens are playing super firm and wind behind may not have been the right play there.

In fact full high lob wedges are rarely the go to shots at those types of courses.

Yesterday I played this hole, and 17 others on the course. Very strong wind. we estimated two club breeze (with us). Hitting wedges in. yes ball rolled to the back third.

Played Mandalay yesterday, course was in good nick as pennants were on in the afternoon, got around in under 4 hours. Pretty happy with my game lately, shot 90 off the stick with 31 putts, 13 putts on the front nine. Getting off the tee really well which is meaning i'm not in crap. Outside of one terrible 9 at Warrnambool i have had the other 5 nine holes in the mid to low 40's. Bodes well for my weekend away to Howlong this weekend.

Spent about an hour hitting balls this afternoon to try get some movement back in my shoulder. Mostly just chipping but hit about a dozen 3/4 7 irons which didn't feel horrible. Will see how it pulls up tomorrow but plan in to try do that a few times this week and try get out there for a round on the weekend if I think I can get around 18 with relative comfort.

Best I’ve played for a few weeks today 36 at Goonawarra, couple of lost balls not helping.
Back to basics staying stable and using one club more and all of a sudden I’m all over the pin.
Now to not try to overhit again! That’s the problem the better you play you just try for that bit more.

Best I’ve played for a few weeks today 36 at Goonawarra, couple of lost balls not helping.
Back to basics staying stable and using one club more and all of a sudden I’m all over the pin.
Now to not try to overhit again! That’s the problem the better you play you just try for that bit more.
How do you usually play the short par 4 13th at Goony? Would be an absolute truckload of balls down the OOB left! Many of them would be mine...

How do you usually play the short par 4 13th at Goony? Would be an absolute truckload of balls down the OOB left! Many of them would be mine...
It’s funny you know that is my absolute favorite hole! I’m a lefty and I remember years ago As a young bloke with a slice not being a fan by rarely do I leave with worse than par.
I just go driver and a little pitch. Great hole though and bloody tough green.

It’s funny you know that is my absolute favorite hole! I’m a lefty and I remember years ago As a young bloke with a slice not being a fan by rarely do I leave with worse than par.
I just go driver and a little pitch. Great hole though and bloody tough green.
Par on there is a very good score given how tricky that green is.

Par on there is a very good score given how tricky that green is.
Yeah I don’t know is what it is it just fits my eye, I actually birdie it quite a lot. Whereas say the 4th and 17th do my head in!

chuck some toilet paper at him. good chance he is an early hoarder and he will chase to pick it up, allowing you to get in front. but in all seriousness, how selfish can you get.

played a par 3 course with my dad in Melbourne. Took 11 holes to get used to the old clubs(feels like a good excuse), but then went +1 on the last 6 with 5 pars. Should have been 6 pars but I missed a tap in. It felt good to beat the old man and actually be consistent over for 1/3 of the round. new experience.

Will hopefully purchase some new irons from a friend in the coming weeks. an actual (Taylor) brand unlike my generic clubs I use now. just before the world to end and we all get stuck inside with nothing to do. yay.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back