80​
-​
-​
78​
-​
Sorrento​
Cups WR​

Last edited:
Honestly...if I ever get my act together and join Riversdale I will be just as happy doing this as playing a round.
it takes discipline i must say to adhere to practice. i had pick of the courses and holes to play, but maintained focus.

3 putted seven (7!!!!!!) ******* times today.

The less I putt the better frankly.
I play with a 1 handicapper regularly, amazing how good he is in comparison, embarrassing really. I asked him one day, I said you score 30 less than me, how? He said I had 20 putts, you had 43, there's half your problem there. Something so simple can change your game so dramatically. Still, 3 putt every hole though.

I play with a 1 handicapper regularly, amazing how good he is in comparison, embarrassing really. I asked him one day, I said you score 30 less than me, how? He said I had 20 putts, you had 43, there's half your problem there. Something so simple can change your game so dramatically. Still, 3 putt every hole though.
20 putts

No offence

But bull sh1t

If that is the case then his iron game into greens is terrible

Wouldn't it be the opposite? If the iron game into greens is good then putts are low because you are landing close to the pin?
More likely that he is missing the green and then chipping or pitching it close. If you hit 18 greens you are more likely to have more putts than if you hit 9 greens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Really tough day and had to fight to get a score today. Shattered after hitting pure shots on the first 2 holes to really stuff up and start double double. 10 over after 8 but finished 15 over, Churchill Endeavour Hills. Course condition not great around the greens as they have been pumping water into the place and after that deluge we had a few days back. Ducks swimming around in the bunkers and I'm not joking.

34 pts today, but putting is woeful atm.
Left at least 6 pts out there.
Just cannot get speed right.
Dunes has definitely softened with all the rain this week. Not used to the ball not running on.
Get a putter with more loft

Question. What would you do if you nearly get hit by a golf ball?

Was caddying for a friend today. I was holding the flag for him while he was trying to putt for par. suddenly, felt a ball smash the flag dead-square, midway up with the offending golf ball travelling dead straight backwards 10M off the green. I was so confused at first, wondering what the hell had happened. then saw the players behind. They would have been 150M out and should have been able to see us on the green. No FORE no nothing.

I was filthy, instant finger towards them. My friend, who was so busy concentrating on his putt that he only saw where the ball ended up so wondered why I had the red mist and basically told me not to abuse them for them( Iwas only going to tell them to yell out fore next time......and maybe some curry). Was one of the hardest things in my life to do(stay quiet), but the glare I gave them when we were walking up the opposite fairway, well, see my profile picture. They said nothing to us. No sorry or anything.

Only after did my friend realise that the golf ball did not land short but actually hit the flag I was holding. Don't think he would have tried to keep me quiet if he knew that. In hindsight, I wish I picked their ball up and threw it in the nearby trees.

34 pts today, but putting is woeful atm.
Left at least 6 pts out there.
Just cannot get speed right.
Dunes has definitely softened with all the rain this week. Not used to the ball not running on.
This may be a very common tip, I’m not sure as I’ve played 18 holes in 2 years now….grrrr. Apologies if it is.

The best tip I ever had with putting & speed was from reading a Graeme McDowell interview. He said when practicing your putt, standing next to the ball, always look at the hole to get a feel for the distance & pretend you have a golf ball in your right hand (for a righty) & as your practicing your putt.

Pretend you are releasing the ball with your right hand as you are completing your practice putting stroke & keep doing it until you have the feeling of rolling the ball into the cup at the correct speed with your hand, lmportantly always looking at the cup. Then step in & putt with the same speed of stroke.

I generally have the weight correct with the 2nd practice putt with a third to confirm. This is obviously done once you have read the line & has been a huge help when putting from 4 foot or longer

For distance, say over 10ft, I address the ball. 3 practice strokes. Too hard, too soft, just right. Especially the soft practice, imagine where the ball would finish. The just right practice should obviously fall between the 1st two. Maybe a couple more practices to reinforce that swing. Address the ball having already picked out something a few metres away to aim at. Go for it.
I'd average 28-30 putts per round.

28 points, tough course, not ideal condition and the heat started to wear me down on the back 9.

Tee shots and second shots were good, putting was reasonable, but short game and chipping around the green was pretty poor. Just couldn't get close enough to capitalise on decent play up the fairway.

Need to divert focus to chipping and pitching within 40m of the pin.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back