• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive just been reading a review on draft players from a non-bigfooty source who is in the know compared to us.
He had Ziebell in his personal ratings well outside the top 10 and is pretty scathing, particularly regarding his pace and what that means at AFL level these days. Not as good by hand with awareness. Maybe a more servicable forward where his damaging kicking will come into play........

Cant help getting Dylan Smith flashbacks, even though Dylans kicking wasnt very deep

As ive read elsewhere, and i agree, everyones going to have their own opinions so we just hope the above isnt the reality.

We have a lot riding on Ziebell now.

from those vids looks like he can mark and tackle but got no idea why everyone is rating his kicking. Looks better on the left rather the his right. Most of the kicks on his preferred went straight to the opposition or didn't hit the target. Still love his hands overhead, desire at the ball and willingness to play on at every chance.

Wont get away with that at AFL level with his pace. Will need pacy runners going past. Luckily we seem to have recruited to that model

I read on AFL.com.au somewhere that Dean Laidley said he would give Ziebell as many games as possible this season but if he is not right he will not rush him.

NORTH MELBOURNE
"We rated (Jack Ziebell) pretty highly. We think he’s a great talent and I think our supporters will be over the moon. I think he would have some sort of impact next year whether that’s a few games or whether that’s 10 or 12 games we’re not going to rush him through, but if he’s ready to play we’re going to play him."
- Coach Dean Laidley

Ziebell needs to play every game next year same with robbie tarrent. we must do what carlton has and play these good young kids. also give adams and greenwood and lower full seasons.

Ziebell will be a premiership and rising star winner in his first season.
wells to win brownlow.
JESSE SMITH FOR NORM SMITH

well done on the poach of the draft IMO... the Z man will be a star and you can lock him in for rising star next year... im shattered the blues overlooked him but anyhow well done and good luck to the Zman

he looks so ****ing good. i was hoping we would draft him when i saw footage this morning

NORTH MELBOURNE
"We rated (Jack Ziebell) pretty highly. We think he’s a great talent and I think our supporters will be over the moon. I think he would have some sort of impact next year whether that’s a few games or whether that’s 10 or 12 games we’re not going to rush him through, but if he’s ready to play we’re going to play him."
- Coach Dean Laidley

Just play him...AFL's becoming a non contact sport anyway. ;)

Prit-tay prit-tay pri-tay happy with that pick. :thumbsu: Got his Bushrangers teammate, Sam Wright, who is Dale Thomas mkII. :thumbsu:

Excellent pick up.

Players like him win you flags.

I ****ing loathe Hawthorn, but they watched Luke Hodge in finals. Can't run, can't jump, can't sprint, but when you want a bloke to stick his head over the footy damage a blokes head and kick it 65, that's what beats piss ant sides in big games.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

congrats on picking up ziebes, would have taken him if rich didnt slide
do you think he will get much game time next yr?

Oh blooody Oath he will mate North have gotta stop stuffin around with the like of paconies and sam powers and gt these young kids playin 1st year!!!
He ill play every game if hes fit!

Oh blooody Oath he will mate North have gotta stop stuffin around with the like of paconies and sam powers and gt these young kids playin 1st year!!!
He ill play every game if hes fit!

Who is paconies and do we have two blokes called Sam Power? If so great. We need more courageous players who have great hands that can feed our outside mids.

From those vids he certainly does look to have a kicking style like Buckley.
He seems to lack a bit of pace though?
He does appear to have a physique ready for AFL senior footy though.

Another shocking draft, why do we need more 'in & under' types, poor selecting with a number 9 pick imho, hope I'm proved wrong though...

Another shocking draft, why do we need more 'in & under' types, poor selecting with a number 9 pick imho, hope I'm proved wrong though...

Mind you players with kicking ability should be higher and according to the judges the players we have recruited having good kicking abilities.

Also it doesnt necessarily mean in an under types but our side lacked physique in the centre and thats why a guy like firrito should be playing in the guts.

Should be a great player but I think everyone is getting a little too excited. This is Laidley we're talking about. The Z man will be lucky to play more than 2-3 games next year.

Should be a great player but I think everyone is getting a little too excited. This is Laidley we're talking about. The Z man will be lucky to play more than 2-3 games next year.

The last 2 top 10 midfielders we have taken were Daniel Wells and David Trotter.

Laidley gave a chance to both, but both had to earn their spots, Wells did, Trotter didn't.

I wouldn't be suprised if Ziebell played Round 1, and then around 15 games from then on.

People who question why we need more "in & under" types should watch the bulk of our 2008 games again or at the very least review the 2008 stats.

Our clearance record was shocking in all our losses and even many of our wins. Not to mention the age of Simmo who won a big chunk of them.

Our midfield quite obviously lacks players who can win their own ball, in comparison with Geelong (Corey, Bartel, Abblett and Sellwood etc) and Hawthorn (Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell etc)

People who question why we need more "in & under" types should watch the bulk of our 2008 games again or at the very least review the 2008 stats.

Our clearance record was shocking in all our losses and even many of our wins. Not to mention the age of Simmo who won a big chunk of them.

Our midfield quite obviously lacks players who can win their own ball, in comparison with Geelong (Corey, Bartel, Abblett and Sellwood etc) and Hawthorn (Mitchell, Hodge, Sewell etc)

Specifically, players who can win their own ball and do something useful with it. Harris, Simpson, Swallow etc can get it but can't use it.

The three best mids/utilities I've seen are Buckley, Hird and Voss. Riccutio, Stevens, Hocking in behind them. Not one of them quick. Not one of them even close to quick.

Hard, composed, skillful blokes win flags. Quick blokes look great in 10 goal wins.

Yep.

The only midfielder I'd add to that group is McLeod. He had pace, but he also had brilliant evasive skills.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back