Heathcote DFL part 3

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Meldrum showed his football/coaching ability and nous in last years grand final by being ordinary in the first half(although they lead by 4 goals) then moving himself out of the ruck and putting lech in the ruck after being the main factor for their 4 goal lead from centre half forward.They may have got beaten anyway due to Colbos great running players such as Cheezel Johnson and Patty OBrien who I reckon is the best on baller in our league(runs both ways)
Despite Meldrum Heathcote must be still a big chance considering their injuries and disappointment/motivation from last year when maybe they shoul;d have won

Watched the Colbo-H'cote game on Saturday. First quarter was tight with Colbo's bad kicking for goal countered by a 9 to 1 free kick count in their favour.
Obviously second was all H'cote. Seemed that they were doing what works best for them, down the corridor to Meldrum (who was on fire)and/or Featherstone. Couple of telling injuries, with Condon going down with a hammy the most significant, and C.Anderson with back.
Colbo really got going third quarter, all credit to them. Any ball that went past H'cote half forward line was generally too wide, or turned over. Not good enough for half backs to kick indiscriminately but pressure from Colbo was felt, and H'cote paid dearly for it. Harley and Nielsen injured in last quarter.
Good win for Colbo. They would have been glad to get away with it. For those on this thread who write off H'cote, do a comparison with the record of other teams in the HDFL against Colbo season 2009.
You must be a keen stats man you actually counted the free kicks,? any chance they were there,? wouldn't say people are necessarily writing H'cote off, but a club like Colbo that has a impeccable finals record and the best current form why would you tip against them.?

For the first time ever i agree with you well said. Now here is how the odds should resemble. COLBO - $ 1.70 H'COTE -- $3.25 ELMORE $ 3.80 L.B.U - $ 6.00.and no im not taking bets.

i think elmore are a bit short priced for a side that is likely to play in an elimination final . LBU I think match up very well on them also , they have beaten them twice this year also , anything can happen in finals .

Arab , not far off with ya Tony " the Honeymoon" Baker :D playing he would be a massive help to the cats , he had the same injury woes with us 2 years ago , i feel for the lad he's a big talent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back