Social Science Tight arse things you or others do

Remove this Banner Ad

Me and my mates often like to take advantage of the free refills at Hungry Jack's before a footy game, and bring out own 2 litre bottle, fill it and walk out and have a nice free bottle of Coke.

Can be very awkward if any of the specky nerds working there see you though.

i think the real tight arse in this situation is Hungry Jacks, the coke they put in the free refill machines are extremely diluted and tasteless which is probably results from homebrand cola coupled with water.

Notice how if you buy the coke via the drive through it tastes noticeably different because its not from the machine everyone takes advantage of?.

after i have a shits i will get a piece of toilet paper and wipe my arses. then i will fold it and wipe again with the same piec of paper. then refold it and wipe again. i usually get 4 or 5 wipes out of the one piece of toilet paper. but im pretty sure most people do this one :D

after i have a shits i will get a piece of toilet paper and wipe my arses. Then i will fold it and wipe again with the same piec of paper. Then refold it and wipe again. I usually get 4 or 5 wipes out of the one piece of toilet paper. But im pretty sure most people do this one :d

lolololololol!!!!!!!

I hate filling up my petrol tank then having to pay $75-100. I get $20-25 each time, unless I'm heading into Melbourne. I probably don't save anything but then again I probably use my car less knowing I haven't got much fuel.

Tell me if this scenario is familiar:

- Token cheap mate arrives at your place for BBQ/drinks/footy, shitty cheap 6-pack under arm.

- Upon approaching the fridge with aforementioned shitty cheap 6-pack, token cheap mate says, "Oh sorry mate, my beers are warm. Do you mind if I have a couple of yours until mine get cold?", as he helps himself to the selection of far superior beer in the fridge.

- Come conclusion of BBQ/drinks/footy, token cheap mate removes his now chilled shitty cheap 6-pack from the fridge, says his goodbyes, and walks out without a care in the world (occasionally making a great show of leaving you a couple of his shitty beers, as if he's doing you a massive favour).

Needless to say, throughout the evening, token cheap mate will also have made numerous references to "going to the shop to get some darts/durries/smokes", whilst at the same time asking you if he can "pinch" a cigarette (knowing full well he will never in fact be offering his patronage to aforementioned shop).

About a year ago a friend of mine asked me if he could get a lift to a function we had on. When we got to the function, which was at a winery in South Gippy, he bought a bottle of wine for about $50. He then asked me if I wanted a glass. I said that I wouldn't as I was driving. He said, "Oh you can have one". So I did. He then pisses off to talk to other friends. Over an hour later he comes back and says, "It must be your turn to buy a bottle now". So I had to fork out $50 for another bottle. none of which I drank. I don't whether he intentionally planned it that way but I couldn't believe it. He also offered me no money for petrol for driving him a half hour each way.

About a year ago a friend of mine asked me if he could get a lift to a function we had on. When we got to the function, which was at a winery in South Gippy, he bought a bottle of wine for about $50. He then asked me if I wanted a glass. I said that I wouldn't as I was driving. He said, "Oh you can have one". So I did. He then pisses off to talk to other friends. Over an hour later he comes back and says, "It must be your turn to buy a bottle now". So I had to fork out $50 for another bottle. none of which I drank. I don't whether he intentionally planned it that way but I couldn't believe it. He also offered me no money for petrol for driving him a half hour each way.

No you didn't. You should have laughed at him and told him to **** off.

For starters you gave him a lift, sacrificed your own ability to drink, then let him take advantage of your generous nature.

Top it off with him not offering any fuel money. It's the principle of the matter. I won't accept fuel money from mates, but for lengthy trips you would hope they have the decency to offer.

Real mates don't take advantage of their mates, just the same way they don't take shit from each other and put one another in their place when they're out of line.

If i am buying chips from the Footy/Cricket i will invariably start eating from one box while im in the queue, then when i get to the check out swap the box for a new one... Its not really that i want to save money, i just want more bloody chips for 5 bucks!

EDIT: someone has already mentioned my scheme, usually i look at the box like there is something wrong with it before i swap it for a new one...

Whats all this nonsense about bringing your own meat to a BBQ? If you decide to host a bbq, YOU suppy the meat. Otherwise, dont bother hosting. Pretty straight forward IMO.

But I do think it's common courtesy to brings drinks to a bbq you've been invited to. A bottle of wine or 6-Pack is sufficient.

when pokies were introduced in SA they ran some pretty good offers to get the old farts hooked. My mates grandpa used to go down to his local where they had a $3.95 roast and you get $5 worth of pokie credit.

He would order a roast and a glass of coke ($1) with no ice. He would take a sip off the top of the coke and then ask for ice. He'd then Eat his roast, put the $5 credit in the pokie, hit collect and walk out proud as punch 5 cents in front!!!!

This = epic win.

I have a mate who rides his bike everywhere because he doesn't want to pay for the fuel for his fuel guzzling toyota starlet. Once he was over at my place and was shitty that I wouldn't drive to dominos pizza to pick up his pizza and it cost him an extra dollar for delivery.

When buying piss at the footy, do so at the breaks when its busy as you'll blend in and go un-noticed.
Grab a drink, stand around like your waiting in line or your waiting for a friend, finish your drink, then grab another one. Your getting 2-for-1 and when your paying $8 for a bourbon and coke its fair enough in my mind. Same can be done with food. I do it all the time as the prices are outrageous.

I've got a mate who does something similar but this is to save on cab money. He'll walk around town after a night on the piss find an older car Geminis or commodores are pretty good hes told me, break into the car and drive it home saving himself a $15 cab fair. :rolleyes:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I've got a mate who does something similar but this is to save on cab money. He'll walk around town after a night on the piss find an older car Geminis or commodores are pretty good hes told me, break into the car and drive it home saving himself a $15 cab fair. :rolleyes:

so you reckon pinching a drink at the footy and stealing a car are on the same level?

That's theft, not being tight.

so you reckon pinching a drink at the footy and stealing a car are on the same level?

That's theft, not being tight.

I laughed because I know it is the biggest load of shit I have heard in this thread

At uni I have a mate where he goes "coin fishing". I'm sure some of you may have heard about it, and as soon I did I was keen to give it a go. What we really use it for is to basically to change all our 5c, 10c and 20c pieces during lunch and class breaks in a food vending machine and press the coin out botton. In exchange we loose our heavy wallet for straight $1 or $2 coins. However on some occasions when you put in a lot of 5c, 10c, 20c coins in the machine it will get confused due to the weight and what usually happens it will pay out and additional 10c - 50c more when you hit collect in the shortest amount of coins.

For a uni student this all adds up. It is the luck of the machine which makes coin fishing exciting:thumbsu:

At uni I have a mate where he goes "coin fishing". I'm sure some of you may have heard about it, and as soon I did I was keen to give it a go. What we really use it for is to basically to change all our 5c, 10c and 20c pieces during lunch and class breaks in a food vending machine and press the coin out botton. In exchange we loose our heavy wallet for straight $1 or $2 coins. However on some occasions when you put in a lot of 5c, 10c, 20c coins in the machine it will get confused due to the weight and what usually happens it will pay out and additional 10c - 50c more when you hit collect in the shortest amount of coins.

For a uni student this all adds up. It is the luck of the machine which makes coin fishing exciting:thumbsu:

Back in my day we'd spend our loose change on pots of beer across the road, not changing coin in vending machines!

My brother and a mate of his were good enough mates that he was in the mates wedding party. My brother and wife are quite well off, though they still watch their pennies. The mate was an apprentice of some description and his wife was a teacher so they had to be very careful with their pennies.

My brother bought a round for all 4 on a night out, the second round the mate bought 1 for him and his wife only.

They are no longer mates, it was a while coming but that was the straw that broke the camels back.

my brother and a mate of his were good enough mates that he was in the mates wedding party. My brother and wife are quite well off, though they still watch their pennies. The mate was an apprentice of some description and his wife was a teacher so they had to be very careful with their pennies.

My brother bought a round for all 4 on a night out, the second round the mate bought 1 for him and his wife only.

They are no longer mates, it was a while coming but that was the straw that broke the camels back.

wtf?

When I stayed on campus there was a chocolate machine that wouldnt refund five cent coins for some reason. If you put a five cent coin in and collected it, the machine would spit out a ten cent piece.

So I used to save up a heap of five cent coins and insert them one by one, ejecting each one along the way. Half-price chocolate!

When I stayed on campus there was a chocolate machine that wouldnt refund five cent coins for some reason. If you put a five cent coin in and collected it, the machine would spit out a ten cent piece.

So I used to save up a heap of five cent coins and insert them one by one, ejecting each one along the way. Half-price chocolate!

That must have been a while ago. actually now that I think about it I don't think the vending machine I use on campus doesn't take 5c coins, it just spits it out. But that is an epic win

My brother and a mate of his were good enough mates that he was in the mates wedding party. My brother and wife are quite well off, though they still watch their pennies. The mate was an apprentice of some description and his wife was a teacher so they had to be very careful with their pennies.

True, How poor did you guys look buying pots of beer with 5c - 20c coins? I hope you guys wore descent clothes when you did it

Not just with that situation, but paying with change in general - why is there a stigma? It's valid currency, so it doesn't make you look poor and IMO shouldn't be taken any differently to paying with a note.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back