Sayings or phrases that just really piss you off.

Remove this Banner Ad

There's a whole generation of millennials saying "like" at least 3-4 times every sentence.

We should be exterminating these people.

"I was like, going to head to the pub with like, Bob and a few other, then he goes we'll be like an hour late, and I'm like jesus bob, you could've like, let me know before I left the house."
I used to amuse myself on trams in Melbourne by echoing “like” out loud whenever some millennials were “conversing”. Worked a treat In shutting them up.

Too many to count, and I'd be here all day if I tried to list them all! But the current worst offenders are -

• Deplane (you mean get off the aeroplane?)
  • Palletise (to put things on a pallet for loading)
  • Medal, when used as a verb
And a new one - life out (meaning to stop working, as in, "The photocopier lifed out this morning.")

Too many to count, and I'd be here all day if I tried to list them all! But the current worst offenders are -

• Deplane (you mean get off the aeroplane?)
  • Palletise (to put things on a pallet for loading)
  • Medal, when used as a verb
And a new one - life out (meaning to stop working, as in, "The photocopier lifed out this morning.")

"deplane" is about as tarded as it gets
"Palletise" is perfectly normal and widely used.
"medal" yep, dumb as a verb.
"lifed out"...when used should get the appropriate smack across the chops, horrendously stupid.
AND your username, is intriguing to say the least :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"I'm bullish on Josh Magoo..."

A word used by nuffs on Big Footy to give themselves an air of authority about players they're just guessing will make it in the AFL, when the reality is they have NFI. They think it makes them sound like a knowledgeable List Manager who is analysing the new recruits after the National Draft has been completed.

I don't mind this word in general usage to describe confidence (or the share market). I'm only referring to the nuffs on Big Footy talking about fringe players they watched for 15 minutes.

"I'm bullish on Josh Magoo..."

A word used by nuffs on Big Footy to give themselves an air of authority about players they're just guessing will make it in the AFL, when the reality is they have NFI. They think it makes them sound like a knowledgeable List Manager who is analysing the new recruits after the National Draft has been completed.

I don't mind this word in general usage to describe confidence (or the share market). I'm only referring to the nuffs on Big Footy talking about fringe players they watched for 15 minutes.

Anyone in afl media using that too.

Problem is, when said player has a fizzer of a career, those who were bullish offer no apologies or admittance of wrong analysis

"i'm not racist but..." will 100% of the time be followed by a racist sentence
In a similar vein, "person X got in trouble for using the n-word".

No problem if you don't wanna repeat the word, but we're not children on the playground...

"person X got in trouble for using a racial slur" is how adults should talk.

Whoever said, "Blood is thicker than water." clearly lied.

I'm gonna go with woke given that hardly anyone seems to know what it actually means and simply use it to say I don't like something. Exhibit A, Australian tennis clown Jordan Thompson. Allowing fans to resume their seats between games and not between changes of ends might be disruptive, annoying etc. But it's not 'woke'.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back