Sayings or phrases that just really piss you off.

Remove this Banner Ad

One phrase that really got under my skin happened after being unsuccessful in a job application:

"While your application was unsuccessful with us, we have no doubt there's a company out there that will be thrilled to have you as their employee"

I recently went through the job search process, it sucks for a lot of reasons. I like the rejection email that’s short and sharp, I mean if you’re getting an email re an application you know you’re not going forward, maybe they can just write “Nup”, nothing else required really.

I recently went through the job search process, it sucks for a lot of reasons. I like the rejection email that’s short and sharp, I mean if you’re getting an email re an application you know you’re not going forward, maybe they can just write “Nup”, nothing else required really.

You're bang on the money. A simple rejection would be so much easier.

I also love how they'll "keep you on file" for future opportunities :rolleyes:

"Just kidding", bull ******* s**t you are

"Can I ask you a quick question?", it's a trap. 2 weeks later after the quick question moulds into a task that you need to do or is so complicated that it requires many hours of research etc
"Whilst I have you", usually paired with "quick question"
As others have mentioned, "Living the Dream", EVERY.SINGLE.DAMN.TIME

Bonus sayings
"Can you pull your pants up please, this is not that kind of meeting"

(Log in to remove this ad.)

OMFG

The next person who says “ How long is a piece of string “ to me might just get a very bloody unpleasant explanation from me that it is in fact tangible but they are too bloody lazy to give me an answer

OMFG

The next person who says “ How long is a piece of string “ to me might just get a very bloody unpleasant explanation from me that it is in fact tangible but they are too bloody lazy to give me an answer
i always respond , it's as long as you decide to cut it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back