Gameday thread - Carlton v Sydney 1st Elim Final

Remove this Banner Ad

#9 to the umpires - another blatant free kick for holding missed by the umpires.

Minus the umps and we're 4 or 5 goals up.
Miss the Jamison free where the ball bounced through? Should've been play on and the ball went through for a goal.

That missed tackle by Judd was not good enough. He has to set the standard for the other players. Yet you can guarantee in the aftermath of this game it will be the lesser lights in our team who will be attacked by Carlton supporters.

As for the soft free kick to Goodes down the other end. You cannot touch him. He gets an armchair ride from the umpires & that is why he should never get the accolades of Judd, Ablett, Riewoldt etc.

Carlton will come back and win this game.

We're a class above them.

Yes, we're leading the free kick count at half time 12 to 11 however it's pretty blatantly against us when we have Richmond and Hawthorn fans coming on our board telling us how ripped off we've been to them. Something ironic when two of our biggest rivals do that.

Forget the umpires, it is a bit lopsided but Sydney making the play and deserve the lead. If we didn't go to sleep for the opening and closing 10 min of each quarter we might be a chance. Our mods are scattered, Syd are front centre and composed at every contest. Defensive structures non existent. Have to release Gibbs. Despite Goodes slaughtering him he looks dangerous with the ball in hand

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I know this is a novel concept, but is there any danger of our tall defenders actually looking at the ball as it enters the forward 50?!? I guarentee the forward is going to go where the ball is.

I think he looks more into the game with his hair shaved off and looks more of a gun with his shaved.
you know your cattle

Gok_Wan_070910103959411_wideweb__300x375,1.jpg

Ratten has horribly outcoached this game. Gave up a four-goal start by setting up with the wrong structure, and killed us late in that second quarter - and not just because we are being destroyed at set plays in defensive 50.

You just cannot rest Judd and Murphy on the forward line. They need a proper rest, off the ground, and to run in bursts like Collingwood manage with Swan/Pendlebury. Judd went forward that quarter, the ball stayed up our end for the full 5 minutes and he got no rest at all. Then, when he goes back on the ball late, his opponent runs off him and sets up two crucial goals, as Judd can barely get above a jog and looks visibly spent. horrendous coaching, and in the context of this game, may well cost us the match.

A Nightmare when it enter's Sydney's 50. That last goal was coming. Tackling has been very ordinary. Too many wasted chances there, at least Warnock was kicking a few.

That missed tackle by Judd was not good enough. He has to set the standard for the other players. Yet you can guarantee in the aftermath of this game it will be the lesser lights in our team who will be attacked by Carlton supporters.

As for the soft free kick to Goodes down the other end. You cannot touch him. He gets an armchair ride from the umpires & that is why he should never get the accolades of Judd, Ablett, Riewoldt etc.

Geez, I agree on Goodes, but surely Riewoldt gets eliminated on the same criteria! :eek:

Gotta show some defensive pressure Number 5.

That was awful.

Goal to them.

Agreed. He just lumbers along and doesn't bother to chase and I'm sick of it. You are the captain Judd, you must lead us and half arsed chasing isn't good enough.

I don't buy into the idea that he is too tired from working hard inside and offensively. Everyone else seems to be able to do both, it's no longer an excuse.

How about putting the majority of your players on the defensive side of the stoppage in the defensive 50

Absolutely terrible

Exactly. Giving them too much room goal side and in the corridor at the stoppages.

Also missed too many opportunities that quarter. We had most of the play that quarter but failed to convert.

Cant believe we have conceeded over 70 points in a final to half time.

OMFG Did Ratten take Wanrock off after he kicked 2 in 5 mins at full fwd.

Plse Ratten crowd the ball ups in he swans fwd line it is so frustrating

Remove this Banner Ad

Back