Oppo Camp Round 1 - Vs North Melbourne | The Banter Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
To be perfectly honest, I think we do hate Carlton a little more than they hate us. At least on BigFooty.

We're all pretty obsessed with our hatred of them.

Yeah true that. I reckon the Hawks hate us a little more than we hate them too.

Either way, in both cases the feeling is reciprocated.

Just watching the Blues last night with their colection of extremely punchable faces - I'd love to be playing them tomorrow.

North on the other hand, two days after we've played them i'll have forgotten about them; might as well be playing the Saints, Freo, Adelaide. Just another team.

Re: North Melbourne vs Essendon - Round 1 - 31/3/11 [Team Announced]

Relax, Brother/Sister/Animal/Mineral. :)

It's just a game. The world isn't going to come to a complete stop.

**** off back to the banter thread. Every time I open this I am expecting to see someone talking about the game and it's just rubbish instead.

**** off back to the banter thread. Every time I open this I am expecting to see someone talking about the game and it's just rubbish instead.
We tried that but ended up hearing about how s**t we were and everything relies on Harvey.

http://www.footywire.com/afl/footy/...d1=1771&tid2=6&pid2=3129&type=T&fid1=C&fid2=C

Surprisingly, Lindsay has him covered in every stat except handballs. Factoring in the 2 year age gap, my rather ridiculous statement is in fact not so silly after all. But hey, Zaha was good enough to be win your Best and Fairest last year so he must be better. :thumbsu:

First problem, you bright spark you, the quoted said Crameri, not Zaka. Get a little over excited, frothing at the mouth and just punch in a random Essendon player did we?

Second, Zaka averaged nearly ten possessions a game higher than Thomas, marks, goals tackels - everything of merit last year.

Did you seriously just try and do a career comparison with a guy that just moved into the midfield?? :eek:

Christ you could have picked a better target than one that just blew Thomas out of the water - what an idiot! :D

Live and learn.

Not sure if we'll do this (with North) again.

I suspect it's a Rd 1 phenomenon. Especially this year, which is the most hyped season I can ever remember. And I'm old enough to have witnessed four premierships each of North and Essendon.

Although it is hard to ignore the hate bouncing both ways.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

"In contrast, Hird said the rivalry meant plenty in his playing days, when both were near the top of the ladder, but not so much now."

So he acknowledges the rivalry, he's just saying it hasn't been as good since he's played 'cause we've both been s**t (also probably 'cause you've been our bitch for a while now). ;)

I don't think North realise that when we acknowledge a rivalry we're talking about the 90s when both teams meant business, not screwing them over in 4 BC or whenever it was.

Awesome that Hird has just basically called it what it is. A quaint little thing that is nice to see from a small club.

Power, Brogan, Scully back next week, and Shiel and others with another run.

I think North are going to get done down in Hobart.

I found this is in the other thread but didn't want to reply to it there in case somebody took it as a troll.

Defenders beware, I strong advise not taking Hurleys space, or this will happen

[youtube]ZC6Q0u8bwcw[/youtube]

What will happen? They will get crunched and go on to almost win the match for their team single-handedly thereafter, just as Hannebury did?

:confused:

I see you guys carded the bloke who made the thread asking whether we had the 'pedigree' to win a flag.

Please tell me he didn't get carded for starting that thread. It wouldn't surprise me.

Starting what thread? What guy?

I found this is in the other thread but didn't want to reply to it there in case somebody took it as a troll.

What will happen? They will get crunched and go on to win the match for their team almost single-handedly thereafter, just as Hannebury did?

Yeah, we won that match.

Anything else?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back