AFL Round 2

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 unit Geelong @ $2.60 - normally Geelong v Hawthorn games I LOL at everyone backing Hawthorn, Hawthorn kicking out to a lead and then Geelong getting in front late and winning by a kick.

so the footy gods have allowed me to call out one thing pretty much exactly at the expense of getting every single other thing wrong

The problem with backing disposals thu TAB is that they take too long to payout.... anyone know roughly how long they normally take? Cheers.

Great weekend, although I resulted 3/3 I tripled my money.

Great start to the year already doubling my betting money.

2 multis got up all paying over 100 and one over 200.

Hope all others went well, today lost me a minor amount but wasnt fussed at all. Hope everyone ended up ahead this week.

I had a $100 free bet on the total points to be 171-180 at 7-1 for todays game. Also had a 5 way multi which was looking good exept a had Collingwood at -21.5 only for them to get up by 21 points. Very painfull round.....

Its good to look back on the weekend to see where teams are at and i might start a weekly after the round synopsis.

Carl vs Bris
I dont think people should get too carried away with the Carlton massive win i tipped them by 62. They were versing a side who played in melbourne just 5 days before the game, they basically had no recovery or training for the week and it showed. Its hard to read how well carlton are at finishing games, Brisbane just as much finished poorly as carlton finished strongly. It was expected. At half time Brisbane were only down by 21. They make the Pies vs Blues game almost impossible to beat on i expect 1.90 H2H odds.

Ess vs Port
Essendon dominated this game much more than the scoreboard shows. They kicked poorly at goal having 10 more shots. They cominated the inside 50's and played with 19 players. Expect them to go up and do a fair number on GC, but beware they may not be switched on.

Syd vs Freo
If you take away the first 3 goals in about 5 minutes, than Freo won the rest of the first quarter. They also dominated and i say dominated the 3rd and 4th quarters not only on the score board but in clearances 40 odd to like 17 or 23 i heard. They also dominated the inside 50's. Remember they played with 20 before the half time break. Coming off a ferocious game against Geel the week earlier, they played a side who were clearly playing at 50% against GWS and waiting for this game.

Get on the dockers, i think they could open up at fair odds. Brisbane have to again travel its gonna take its toll. The only concern is the knowledge Harvey has of his team. Im expecting a big freo win. They match their forward line very well and without Black their midfield is non existent i dont care about Rich, Rockliff or Redden.

wce vs Melb
As expected. Maybe get on GWS at a massive +score as i expect eagles to rest a few but it might need to be +140 :D if theres any value in that. Also get on GWS to score 1-39 if thats a betting option. Eagles only let Melb score 58, while the GWS have scored 58 vs Roos and 37 vs Syd. They will really struggle to get clearances and beat the press.

Pies vs Tigers
Hard to read. Didnt watch the game. Same scoring shots. Pies had 13 more clearances and 3 more inside 50's. Hardly ground breaking verse the tigers. I expect they have set themselves for R3 and could be worth a line bet or PYOL vs Carlton.

Adel vs WBD
Just about down to a tee. I told everyone the dogs are much better than they are getting credit for. I expected crows by 20 odd, however the scoring was much less than i thought. I also said dogs would really be in this game and be a chance to win and would not surprise if they did. Tipped the crows and expected the win, however should've got on the dogs line. Paid way overs.

Expect them to open up at 2.30 or something vs the saints. Expect to see them win IMO. They only thing that worries me is the 3 tall forward line attack they got burnt against the eagles last time with 4 pronged tall attack. Need Hargrave or Wood to step up and play on Stanley. Wood and Addison will be important on Milne and Miliera i think they can get the job done.

At least get them on the line.

Interesting stat. Dogs had one more inside 50 than crows.

Geel vs Hawks
Now Geelong have had 2 massive weeks and close games including a bruising encounter in the wet vs Hawks on a monday. They play north on a sunday. North played GWS on a saturday. Extra rest and breezy game vs GWS we saw how Sydney came out after the GWS "break". I expect them to get close to the geelong at Etihad on Sunday. Will they win, im not sure probably not and i wouldnt tip them or bet them to. However Geelong beating the premierhsip so called favourites today could mean they come in at short odds (under odds).

They won today because it was wet and windy. Suits geelong to a tee and absolutely last thing the hawks would've wanted with everything built on tall forwards and elite precise kicking. In normal conditions today hawks win by 5 goals. They were dominant and on top for most of that game especially 2nd and 3rd quarters.

Also Scott vs Scott factor. Maybe they know each other a little more than most. I would say so.

So i can see the roos being over the odds and get on them at PYOL or the line. Should be some good value IMO.

I missed the 2 smashings, no point talking much about them, they were what they were.

So my tips for next week, before teams ect
- GWS 1-39 score
- Probably dont bet on Carl vs Coll if they are both paying 1.90 each (no value)
- Fremantle after defeat to win big 50-60+
- Roos should be value and over the odds use that to advantage with PYOL for certainty i dont think you will need any more than +49.5 (just to be safe)
- Buldogs win
- Port win at AAMI (maybe 1-39)
- Richmond to flog demons go -40 or to be safe -30

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a load of rot about Hawthorn V Geelong. We have big power forwards just like they do. Imagine what Hawkins would have done to them in the dry. :rolleyes:

I'd have to agree. Saying the Hawks win by 5 goals if it was dry is a ridiculous argument. They couldn't get their hands on it in the last qtr, so the weather was the least of their worries.

I'd have to agree. Saying the Hawks win by 5 goals if it was dry is a ridiculous argument. They couldn't get their hands on it in the last qtr, so the weather was the least of their worries.
I can kinda see the point, though. Hawthorn play a possession style game that doesn't suit the wet, Geelong play a more contested style that does. Pods & Hawkins are probably two of the better wet weather key forwards in the comp whilst Hale (who's dangerous if too much attention is paid to Buddy) was about as useful as my 2012 most goals tips yesterday

In saying that, though, it's not like Geelong are no good in the dry either.

I can kinda see the point, though. Hawthorn play a possession style game that doesn't suit the wet, Geelong play a more contested style that does. Pods & Hawkins are probably two of the better wet weather key forwards in the comp whilst Hale (who's dangerous if too much attention is paid to Buddy) was about as useful as my 2012 most goals tips yesterday

I get that point but if you watched the game yesterday, it wasn't as if it was the rain only started at the beginning of the 4th. The Hawks were 3 goals up and failed to get their hands on the ball for most of the quarter. Not getting hands to the ball isn't weather dependent.

Maybe Hawthorn should reassess their gameplan as they are playing a WINTER SPORT IN MELBOURNE :rolleyes:

I get that point but if you watched the game yesterday, it wasn't as if it was the rain only started at the beginning of the 4th. The Hawks were 3 goals up and failed to get their hands on the ball for most of the quarter. Not getting hands to the ball isn't weather dependent.
Oh, I know. But they had times where they threatened to break the game open but skill errors in the greasiness cost them. It could have been six goals at 3/4 time in the dry.

Hi all,

I had a good round 2 so i hope people dont mind me starting up a new thread for round 3 when the odds come out later?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back