North v Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

I've said it before and I'll say it again: our team playing like s**t doesn't mean we forfeit the right to say the umps have been s**t too.

thats fine, but saying that they cost us the game is total bullshit and undermines how well north played today

The truth hurts sometimes. I'm not sure which statement was wrong.

1. Umpiring was disgusting today. Unquestionably cost us dearly (although not necessarily the win on its own)

2. Particularly in the first half Geelong made numerous unpressured skill errors that are uncharacteristic of the Cats. To the extent that it was one of our worst 5 first halves in the past 5 years.

3. We had almost 25% out of our starting 18 today

4. To get within 3 goals in the end is laughable given how poorly we played.

5. The Kangaroos did not beat a top 4 team. We were 10th coming in and we did not have Scarlett, Varcoe, Wojo, Hunt.

Let me know which one is not correct?????

Disappointing game from the onset honestly the end margin is flattering to us as we didn't do much that was positive all game. A little glad that we lost as i would rather that the boys don't get into the mind set that they can play badly and still win. Expecting a massive step up next week and if i was a Richmond supporter i would be worried.

Has to be a direction from above the umpiring Geelongs received this season. Freo and now North have been gifted wins with biased and one sided umpiring. The Hawkes game wasn't much better.

The truth hurts sometimes. I'm not sure which statement was wrong.

1. Umpiring was disgusting today. Unquestionably cost us dearly (although not necessarily the win on its own)

2. Particularly in the first half Geelong made numerous unpressured skill errors that are uncharacteristic of the Cats. To the extent that it was one of our worst 5 first halves in the past 5 years.

3. We had almost 25% out of our starting 18 today

4. To get within 3 goals in the end is laughable given how poorly we played.

5. The Kangaroos did not beat a top 4 team. We were 10th coming in and we did not have Scarlett, Varcoe, Wojo, Hunt.

Let me know which one is not correct?????

don't be such a sore loser.

Disappointing game from the onset honestly the end margin is flattering to us as we didn't do much that was positive all game. A little glad that we lost as i would rather that the boys don't get into the mind set that they can play badly and still win. Expecting a massive step up next week and if i was a Richmond supporter i would be worried.

I am worried

Cats convincingly beaten for 3.5 quarters... how we had more scoring shots is beyond me, we should have been done by 10 goals+.

Haven't seen Cats look that lethargic for a long time, the trip to Perth / 2 hard games really did take it's toll.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Like I said earlier, it was the Essendon game from last year all over again. We simply didn't come to play against a decent team that did. Our kicking was shithouse both for goal and in general and we lost despite having more scoring shots. Senior players (SJ, Chap and Corey particularly, even Bartel) didn't stand up when needed. Umpiring was woeful, but we should never have been in this position anyway. We only decided to play right at the death when there was no margin for error yet again as well.

It's only Round 3 and we've done this before so I'm not overly concerned. You don't have to go 20-2 to win a premiership.

So pissed. The kids are awesome! The older players however...just not up to it atm.

Are we finally too old and too slow?

Like I said earlier, it was the Essendon game from last year all over again. We simply didn't come to play against a decent team that did. Our kicking was shithouse both for goal and in general and we lost despite having more scoring shots. Senior players (SJ, Chap and Corey particularly, even Bartel) didn't stand up when needed. Umpiring was woeful, but we should never have been in this position anyway. We only decided to play right at the death when there was no margin for error yet again as well.

It's only Round 3 and we've done this before so I'm not overly concerned. You don't have to go 20-2 to win a premiership.

EXACTLY what I was thinking. :thumbsu:

Nothing like a Geelong loss to bring together traditional enemies in the kangas and hawks. :D

Just as I thought, the last 2 hight intensity matches (not to mention the longest trip and wide subi oval) have sapped a fair amount of energy out of our boys.

It was just one those games that every team has to have during the season. It's a nice little kick up the bumside and our boys should be the better for it in the following games. :thumbsu:

Great win Kangas, ran your hearts out and showed great resolve when they closed the gap. No disrespect but it's good to see the Cats experience that losing feeling for a change and the North fans can go home happy.

This thread has become fairly pathetic.

agreed. for what its worth, my opinion on this is pretty straight forward. firstly, north melbourne played extremely well today and deserved the win and the 4 points. we all knew the cats would come hard at in the last quarter as they never give up, but north withstood the pressure and hit back (that ziebell goal from the boundary in particular was superb)

and lastly, it would be ridiculous and foolish to write off the cats. do this at your peril. its round 3 remember, and this is a side that has won 3 of the last 5 flags. finished after round 3? crazy stuff. a great team and this loss will hurt, but they'll fight back starting from next week. no need for the sh*t fighting.

agreed. for what its worth, my opinion on this is pretty straight forward. firstly, north melbourne played extremely well today and deserved the win and the 4 points. we all knew the cats would come hard at in the last quarter as they never give up, but north withstood the pressure and hit back (that ziebell goal from the boundary in particular was superb)

and lastly, it would be ridiculous and foolish to write off the cats. do this at your peril. its round 3 remember, and this is a side that has won 3 of the last 5 flags. finished after round 3? crazy stuff. a great team and this loss will hurt, but they'll fight back starting from next week. no need for the sh*t fighting.
This thread is no place for your obviously misplaced common sense

Remove this Banner Ad

Back