PC Diablo III

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Diablo I, Diablo II........Diablo III?

Serious question.

Release date is May 15th, however does that mean it will unlock for Australia at 12:01am or do we need to wait for US time?

If you don't know please do not answer with assumptions.

I have a feeling it will not unlock for us until 12:01am USA time which I think is around 5pm the next day for us.

I hope I am incorrect.

Cheers.
I'm pretty sure we'll be able to play at midnight, SC2 had quite a few midnight launches and i think people could just go home and play the game

I'm pretty sure we'll be able to play at midnight, SC2 had quite a few midnight launches and i think people could just go home and play the game

When you say "we" you aren't referring to WA right?

No midnight launch for this backwards state

It'll be 10am EST before WA people can get their hands on the game

When you say "we" you aren't referring to WA right?

No midnight launch for this backwards state

It'll be 10am EST before WA people can get their hands on the game

You could try getting the digitial copy from online. Not sure how blizzard might let you d/l it, but they might let you pre-download it, but it wont activate/authenticate until the "go live" date/time.

Or you can pre-order it via the Blizzard website and they'll ship it to you so you can play it on launch day.

You could try getting the digitial copy from online. Not sure how blizzard might let you d/l it, but they might let you pre-download it, but it wont activate/authenticate until the "go live" date/time.

Or you can pre-order it via the Blizzard website and they'll ship it to you so you can play it on launch day.

I thought he was referring to an actual in store launch

Digital copies may be released at 12:01 on the 15th, but might want to check with Blizzard

If thats the case, he who has fastest net, wins

Digital copy is already out. You can download it now. Its just not going to work until 12:01 PDT.

Obviously will require a patch on launch day - but so will the DVD copy.

who do we check with, i have pre order this and will assume wont be able to pick it up from EB games until 10am when they open, but will it be the 15th or 16th??

For those of you who also play World of Warcraft Blizzard have done something pretty neat for you.

If you're willing to sign up for a year's subscription to WoW (paid monthly) via their new "annual pass" not only will you receive a full year of access to WoW (obviously) but you'll also be eligible to beta test the new expansion AND you'll also receive Diablo III (through digital download) for free (as part of your subscription).

Promotion ends May 1 and IS able to be bought by Australian gamers. :thumbsu:

If this is OLD news then I apologize - I hadn't seen it mentioned in this thread and just looked up WoW last night in order to play it again when my new computer arrives on Monday afternoon.

Because thats what tiem EB games will open i assume

I have already pre order it and paid for it in full so digital download aint really an option

I spose i will ring EB soon, who funny enough havent text me yet to let me know the release date funny enough

Because thats what tiem EB games will open i assume

I have already pre order it and paid for it in full so digital download aint really an option

I spose i will ring EB soon, who funny enough havent text me yet to let me know the release date funny enough

EB won't text you about the date, there are laws which state that we can only contact people in regards to certain things

EB open at 9am, but over east some stores will have a midnight launch and all the others would open at 8am on the 15th

Hate the concept of Kung-Fu pandas and "Pokemon" battles. They're dumbing the game down more and more. When Cata was released the heroic dungeons were challenging and fun... but since so many people bitched about actually using their crowd control abilities and their brains, they nerfed them pretty hard. My guild is working through 6/8 H DS atm, it just doesn't have the epic feel as Ulduar and ICC did. Plus, they've already nerfed boss damage and health by 10%, and will add another 5% soon.

And the less said about the pvp imbalance, the better. It's as if the developers only play rogues and mages. Rogues are absolutely ridiculous now, they should have never got recuperate. Most balance problems would be solved if they implemented separate talent trees for pvp, so it doesn't affect pve and vice versa.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Haven't played since about late March of last year. Had a level 85 Worgen hunter about 2 weeks after Cata was released and played that character (and a couple of others) to death and then rage quit after my guild became a bunch of ass clowns. Now that I'm not going to be playing on a laptop that probably should never have played it in the first place I'll be returning to the game. Planning on playing SW TOR, Skyrim and Diablo III on it. Perhaps even try StarCraft 2 if it's any good (though haven't really studied the game since it came out so unsure on dynamics there). Love me some MMRPGs though.

Agree that BC was the best part of WoW though I enjoyed WOTLK too.

I missed all of BC because I was a paladin burnt out from healing MC/BWL/Nax with 5 min buffs on each of the 40 people. Came back for WotLK and never rolled a healing spec again. And I never will.

Anyways, I am looking forward to D3. Good to see you can actually d/l the digital version prior to the release date.

EB won't text you about the date, there are laws which state that we can only contact people in regards to certain things

EB open at 9am, but over east some stores will have a midnight launch and all the others would open at 8am on the 15th

EB games actually told me they would text me about the release date, why else would he ask me for my number and state "we will text you before it comes out"?

Anyways thats irrelevant, are you suggesting i contact them and find out what the major plans are??

Stuff retail, playing this until D3 is released.

http://worldofscriptcraft.com/site/

A ridiculously good 1.12 server. Some pathing is a little wack, but overall mechanics work well and really feels like good ol' vanilla! Plus it's great to smash the same faces in BG's!

If anyone jumps on, hit me up on Donakebab or Xpress, Alliance.

EB games actually told me they would text me about the release date, why else would he ask me for my number and state "we will text you before it comes out"?

Anyways thats irrelevant, are you suggesting i contact them and find out what the major plans are??

They meant they will SMS the day before release

You should contact them, but i would wait until the beginning of May, as there will be more of a chance each store's plans have been finalised by then in regards to midnight launches etc

I'm considering the retail version but I want to get the collectors edition and extras too.

Thats why BC was the best part of WoW ever. :)
Have to second this, although up until the tournament WoTLK wasn't too bad either. Stopped playing after that.

Can't wait for Diablo 3, Diablo 1 & 2 rocked and I'm hoping 3 will be no different. Gotta work on getting a new PC before May 15 though...

Any of you doing the Mark of Valor/ Sigil stuff on the Diablo 3 site?

Run through beta on Wizard and Demon Hunter, just started Monk. Enjoyed Wizard more but both classes skill sets worked well together. Like the rune system adding new aspects to skills, LOVE the fact you can change them at will. Game is pretty nicely polished, but still hard to get a real feel for the game with only the first act to play through, can full clear exploring everywhere in a few hours, so hopefully there is more added to act one when it hits the shelves.

Seriously conflicted about whether I buy this. I loved Diablo and D2 in high school, but I can really see this eating up my life.

Hopefully the specs are too high for my ultrabook and I won't have a choice.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back