AFL's rubbery white shorts policy

Remove this Banner Ad

West coast got screwed. How on earth can the AFL justify making us wear white shorts v Carlton, in a WC home game - yet the Pies, who have MORE white than WC, wear black, & Carlton wear white shorts

Anyone who can't see a Vic bias is blind. Both WA teams have forced to submit to vic teams in Perth, whilst the same rules don't apply in Melbourne

Now I've heard it all.
I would wear pink shorts all year if it meant getting the Subiaco home umpiring bias.

I think it's time for a new rule.

If the away team wear a jumper that clashes with the home team they forfeit a 1/22 portion of their annual revenue allocation (TV rights money) from the AFL.

Bet the AFL ups the farce and St Kilda will be wearing white shorts tomorrow at a home game for the 3rd time this year.
Does that really matter though? White and black shorts look equally good with the Saints home jumper IMO.

In a Saints home game vs Melbourne I reckon Saints home jumper (of course) + white shorts vs Melbourne home jumper + white shorts would beat what we had last year where Melbourne wore the white clash. I'm not saying that because I dislike our clash jumper, I actually rather like it, but it doesn't work too well against St Kilda.

Does that really matter though? White and black shorts look equally good with the Saints home jumper IMO.

In a Saints home game vs Melbourne I reckon Saints home jumper (of course) + white shorts vs Melbourne home jumper + white shorts would beat what we had last year where Melbourne wore the white clash. I'm not saying that because I dislike our clash jumper, I actually rather like it, but it doesn't work too well against St Kilda.
It doesn't matter if the white shorts look just as good as the black shorts. The home team should wear their home strip and the away team should wear something that doesn't clash.

It doesn't matter if the white shorts look just as good as the black shorts. The home team should wear their home strip and the away team should wear something that doesn't clash.
If the AFL have any common sense, North will be wearing white shorts today at home against an all royal West Coast.

If the AFL have any common sense, North will be wearing white shorts today at home against an all royal West Coast.
Yeah I was just having a look to see what they are wearing but can't find it. I know it's on the Eagles site somewhere

CAR & ESS are permitted to wear their black guernseys when they're away to COL and these games are practically untouchable.

You seriously had trouble telling the difference between Collingwood and Essendon on ANZAC Day?

547447-collingwood-v-essendon.jpg

Yeah I was just having a look to see what they are wearing but can't find it. I know it's on the Eagles site somewhere
It just says Royal blue away guernsey on the Eagles site, nothing about shorts this week.

If AFL had any sense, then Collingwood will wear their black alternate against Geelong next week. There is just as much clash as there is with North Melbourne.

Yes and no, remember both North and Pies have vertical stripes so it makes sense for Collingwood to wear it against North. Geelong have horizontal stripes - hoops - with a mostly white uniform (and presumably white shorts) so a clash with Collingwoods normal home strip with black shorts isn't much of an issue....or rather, SHOULDN'T be much of an issue.

I think it's stupid how Geelong have to wear a training jumper vs North, although it is much better for the eyes than a few years ago where Geelong were in home kit with blue shorts and North wore Argentina stripes. *vomits*

If they have any sense we'll wear what we want and you wear what doesn't clash.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only reason Carlton wear the home jumper against Collingwood each time is because Eddie requests that they wear it each time against his mob. Collingwoods alternate jumper was their home strip for a hundred years so the Pies dont care what they wear. This whole policy is a bunch of bullshit that only applies to North and Geelong.

Like Carlton introducing more white into their match day apparel was going to help the clash? Double standards all over the shop.

North wearing white shorts with home strip.
Eagles blue shorts.
Don't the Eagles have a white clash strip? They should be made to wear it. Home team should have preference.

You seriously had trouble telling the difference between Collingwood and Essendon on ANZAC Day?

547447-collingwood-v-essendon.jpg

Yeah. Using a still, zoomed in picture is a great way to support your argument that Essendon and Collingwood don't clash. Especially when everyone on TV watches a long-range, standard definition, fast moving image stretched to fit on widescreen TVs.

Oh year right: North (WHITE with Blue stripes, blue shorts) vs WCE (White clash with white shorts). I can picture myself having an epileptic fit right now....

extracting chief.. hes extracting

Yeah. Using a still, zoomed in picture is a great way to support your argument that Essendon and Collingwood don't clash. Especially when everyone on TV watches a long-range, standard definition, fast moving image stretched to fit on widescreen TVs.

I give up, nothing is obviously going to satisfy you, or Everton.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back