Certified Legendary Thread The Cult of Robbo - Volume 2

Stubby holder?

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
A Twitter conversation between former St Kilda coach Grant Thomas and former umpire Matthew Head of that incident was direct to the point
Thomas: "What possesses them 2 interfere when it's just so easy 2 let them go? Is it personality based or directive from above? Either way it's wrong"
Head: ''problem with letting it go so much in one qtr is if you suddenly pay a line ball early in the next qtr it seems inconsistent.. against lonergan to rowe using hips."
Thomas: ''What possesses them 2 interfere when it's just so easy 2 let them go? Is it personality based or directive from above? Either way it's wrong.''

This bloke might just be St Kilda's best midfielder and they are the most harrowing words I've written in The Tackle, seeing as Lenny Hayes is a Tackle Hall of Famer. ...Just read what I wrote, and I take it back.

This is why TGO is TGO. He makes mistakes and he immediately opens himself up to them, even shifting the focus of his offerings to those mistakes in order to give us guidance.

There shall come a day when TGO shall unveil to all true believers the secret to the mystical "fifth days wear from a pair of Y fronts" on this day all will bow down in awe and wonderment.

Is umpiring the same today as it's been for 100 years, as they say?
Inconsistent? Interpretative? Basically a necessity that demands we accept the good and bad?
Umpiring has not been a subject of my deep thinking, for I have accepted all of the above. That is, until this year.
And inconsistency is not the issue.
I wonder what has, been the subject of, TGO's "deep thinking".

In reference to the Adelaide Crows:
Five goals up, lose by nine,

Some may find that misleading, whereas I appreciate the unspoken statement of how the ramifications of this loss will impact on the Crows much more than the final margin would suggest if spoken about in the manner of the unenlightened.

Interested to see what TGO loves tonight. Is today a momentous day in Australian sport or is golf in the crapola pile along with cricket? I look forward to his judgement.

Interested to see what TGO loves tonight. Is today a momentous day in Australian sport or is golf in the crapola pile along with cricket? I look forward to his judgement.

I can't imagine TGO getting up to watch golf. His alarm is set to Happy hour.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It would have to be James Hird surely..

Don't let me down Shepherd.

dean20cry_zps099318a7.gif

The Great One doesn't see, colours, just football.

Lesson learned.

I felt the pain of TGO last night when he had to agree that the annointed one, he of the grammatical pause, had, indeed, laid a cheap shot, and, deserved to be suspended.

He hesitated, a, little.

I suspect there will be an extra few ,'s worth of silence, in the next few tackle's, to make his absence known.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back