The What Band/Music Can You Not Stop Listening To ATM Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

Saw Jeff Beck (and Band) at the Palais last night. Excellent venue. Beck was awesome but the drummer almost stole the show - Narada Michael Walden.

He is without a shadow of a doubt the best concert drummer I have ever seen.

If they're playing your town in the next week or so, see them - you won't regret it.

The thing I really noticed is that the audience was right into Beck from the very start whereas when you go see a more populist artist the auience is far more reserved.

Beck and hopefully this band line-up are scheduled to appear at Clapton's 2010 Crossroads guitar festival in Chicago in July.

Saw Jeff Beck (and Band) at the Palais last night. Excellent venue. Beck was awesome but the drummer almost stole the show - Narada Michael Walden.

He is without a shadow of a doubt the best concert drummer I have ever seen.

If they're playing your town in the next week or so, see them - you won't regret it.

The thing I really noticed is that the audience was right into Beck from the very start whereas when you go see a more populist artist the auience is far more reserved.

Beck and hopefully this band line-up are scheduled to appear at Clapton's 2010 Crossroads guitar festival in Chicago in July.

Great to hear Mr. R, everything I hear about Jeff Beck live is incredibly positive!! Wish I'd been there! Would absolutely love if he and Clapton brought to Aus the tour they're currently doing in the US - would be there in a heartbeat!!

Not normally into Hip Hop but saw Polo Club play on the weekend. Very fresh, great electronica feel and seriously good beats. Bought the CD and has been played 4 times in two days. If you like your Aussie Hip Hop a little different these guys are worth a listen: http://www.myspace.com/poloclub

Going to see Ron Hawkins, formerly of the Canadian band Lowest of the Low, on Friday night. Anyone here a fan? "Shakespeare My Butt" gotta be one of the best albums of the 90s! :thumbsu:

I saw Cold play on Tuesday night. Spectacular. The visual effects were great. JB should take a leaf out of Cold plays books and have the club hand out blue and white wrist bands at one of our Friday nights. Then douse the lights and watch the stadium light up in blue and white. When the lights return, we can all look at the opposition supporters staring in horror! :D

Punching through some old school blues at the moment. Lonnie Johnson was doing the acoustic pre cursor to the electric explosion churned out by legends such as Hendrix and SRV, back in the 20's.

Awesome stuff.

Macklemore - Same love

Just caught the last half on triple j came home found it on utube
meaningful lyrics loved it.

Of Monsters and Men. Best band I have heard in 20 years, since I 'discovered' Midnight Oil. They're incredible, particularly Nanna Hilmarsdottir, one of the vocalists. She has an amazing voice.

Of Monsters and Men. Best band I have heard in 20 years, since I 'discovered' Midnight Oil. They're incredible, particularly Nanna Hilmarsdottir, one of the vocalists. She has an amazing voice.
She's pretty easy on the eye too...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not exactly in line with the topic, but young horace has been playing a tune from the TV show, Revenge, on a lot lately and it goes quite well. Not sure the name of it but it has a bit that goes roughly along the lines of "we will light our way with our lanterns on". Worth a listen.

Not exactly in line with the topic, but young horace has been playing a tune from the TV show, Revenge, on a lot lately and it goes quite well. Not sure the name of it but it has a bit that goes roughly along the lines of "we will light our way with our lanterns on". Worth a listen.
That's Birds of Tokyo.

^^^^We gave up on Revenge. Too confusing, too slow. Nice song though, Horace.
I have never watched the show, Mr R as my TV viewing is fairly limited and mainly either the Sport section of Foxtel or the Entertainment section. However young Horace loves the show and plays the song a lot. Sitting in the room opposite at the computer on Big Footy, er sorry working, I tend to hear it a lot.

Every night I get in the car for the hour long drive home from work, the iPod kicks in and I set it to shuffle the 1097 songs I have on it. Sometimes a song from one of the two Frank Ocean albums comes on, I listen to it, then I stop the shuffle and listen to his album. Other times when one of his songs doesn't play during shuffle, I turn shuffle off and just put his music on anyway.

I'm trying to convince myself I'm not obsessed with this man's music, but I am and I think it's time to check into FOA (Frank Ocean Anonymous). The man is a genius.

Been listening to a lot of Steve Miller Band, CCR, Fleetwood Mac and Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers at the moment. Picked up Deep Purple's 30th Anniversary Collection for next to nothing the other day so will be giving that a pounding in the next week or so. :thumbsu:

I've had "Truth" by Robben Ford in my car cd player for the past 10 days. Whenever I get bored or angry with SEN, 3AW or 927 (which is often), on it goes. 11 tracks, 8 'boomers'. Great guitar, excellent backing band, mostly good blues/rock songs (with just the slightest touch of jazz).

I didn't inflict it on my passengers when we went to the pie night or the Dome on Sunday;).

Just been listening to Robben Ford's 'Freedom' and 'How Deep in the Blues (Do You Want To Go)' on youtube, Mr. R. :thumbsu: Very cruisy.

Been listening to Stonefield's first full album for the last couple of days, geez these girls rock, gets the thumbs up from me:thumbsu:

I don't care if I cop some flack for posting this; can't stop listening to this song at the moment:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back