The Countdown - The return of Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

No Buddy will get one week

0ogC8.gif

This thread makes me cringe.

I'm happy to have the guy come back in 2015 at this stage, but let's not lose site of the fact that he was partly responsible for the club being whacked with the largest sanctions in the league's history.

To have a thread counting down his return 360-odd days in advance seems manifestly excessive and underlines the point that some people can't see past the aura of Hird to see the full extent of the situation.

Alle-farking-lulia!!!!! I'm still waiting for the full story we were promised. Still think we were hasty in re-appointing him. Even before this season we have had late season collapses, a horrendous training/weights program with massive injuries. And then lets a supplement program get out of hand. Why even introduce one?

Sone of this worshipping makes me cringe.

356: Essendon has played St Kilda (207) and North Melbourne (149) a total of 356 times, for a total of 234 wins, an impressive 65.7% winning record.
I was going through the list of goal kickers from 2000 trying to find a way to get a combination of 356.

Agree on count down etc etc but to be honest its probably better if its a lid on type of inhouse count down after what we have seen from foamers...

People disregarded every aspec of their own teams to get in on the action of beating us down... Im all for Jims return and think he will be much more balanced across the board etc but waving red flags at foaming tossbags who cant seperate humanity from this situation is a dangerous melting pot...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oh come on people, it's a bit of fun. We all love Hirdy, may as well enjoy this why it lasts. How often does one get to have a thread like this?

Also I've just noticed that Miguel from The Road to El Dorado (see avatar) has the same hair as Hirdy.

This thread makes me cringe.

I'm happy to have the guy come back in 2015 at this stage, but let's not lose site of the fact that he was partly responsible for the club being whacked with the largest sanctions in the league's history.

To have a thread counting down his return 360-odd days in advance seems manifestly excessive and underlines the point that some people can't see past the aura of Hird to see the full extent of the situation.

Alle-farking-lulia!!!!! I'm still waiting for the full story we were promised. Still think we were hasty in re-appointing him. Even before this season we have had late season collapses, a horrendous training/weights program with massive injuries. And then lets a supplement program get out of hand. Why even introduce one?

Sone of this worshipping makes me cringe.
Seriously guys, if you think support is the same as worship then think again.

Prosecutor, don't buy into the idea that a senior coach should know and understand everything that occurs in a football club. You want your coach to focus on coaching, not be distracted with things that should be outside his purview. Good management involves getting the right people and trusting them to do their job. Hird's major failing was getting the wrong people. He is now paying for that and has paid heavily. If this makes you cringe, don't read it.

GreatBarry, all clubs have supplement programs. Ours went too far. Hird wanted to push boundaries however there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that he trusted the wrong people to push the wrong boundaries. If you haven't read this article by Chip Le Grand and others by him and Gerard Whately then you should as a more complete picture is slowly developing. Not to mention we will know a lot more if Reid goes to court. Witnesses will be called etc etc.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...a-report-on-dons/story-fnca0u4y-1226707923613

Seriously guys, if you think support is the same as worship then think again.

Prosecutor, don't buy into the idea that a senior coach should know and understand everything that occurs in a football club. You want your coach to focus on coaching, not be distracted with things that should be outside his purview. Good management involves getting the right people and trusting them to do their job. Hird's major failing was getting the wrong people. He is now paying for that and has paid heavily. If this makes you cringe, don't read it.

GreatBarry, all clubs have supplement programs. Ours went too far. Hird wanted to push boundaries however there is nothing wrong with that. What is wrong is that he trusted the wrong people to push the wrong boundaries. If you haven't read this article by Chip Le Grand and others by him and Gerard Whately then you should as a more complete picture is slowly developing. Not to mention we will know a lot more if Reid goes to court. Witnesses will be called etc etc.

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/spo...a-report-on-dons/story-fnca0u4y-1226707923613

If you want to push the boundaries, fine but then there's more need then ever to keep a tighter rein such as keep an eye on new science guys. Or take heed of doctor and aast coach/mentor's warning.
I'd get the arse if i didn't in my job.

I hear you. But we need to move on. We all make mistakes. I am hurting like everyone else, but he'll never make a similar mistake again and we'll have the most efficient footy department in the business.

So much this.

The guy made mistakes but who honestly doubts he will learn from them and come back better than ever?

Hird has earnt a second chance and then some.

355: Essendon had 355 possessions three times this year, but it wasn't a particularly happy amount, with Collingwood and North beating us comfortably, while the other was a casual win over the Giants in Sydney.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back