The Countdown - The return of Hird

Remove this Banner Ad

If you want to push the boundaries, fine but then there's more need then ever to keep a tighter rein such as keep an eye on new science guys. Or take heed of doctor and aast coach/mentor's warning.
I'd get the arse if i didn't in my job.

As a fan of Hirdy I'm looking forward to him coming back. Personally I'm enjoying reading the comments here, and I don't see the need for constant interjections from people saying they're not happy with this thread.

If you don't like the thread you know you can choose not to read it. ;)

As a fan of Hirdy I'm looking forward to him coming back. Personally I'm enjoying reading the comments here, and I don't see the need for constant interjections from people saying they're not happy with this thread.

If you don't like the thread you know you can choose not to read it. ;)

Hang on I don't quite understand. Are you saying you should only read and reply to a thread if you agree with what's in it?? Who said i'm not happy with the thread. Just giving another point of view for a more balanced view. Sometimes clubs would avoid problems by discussing/offering both points of view instead of just hearing/reading what they want to hear/read.

Cheers Ben. Completely forgot about it today!

Yeah as I said, these couple of months are the hard slog. But you know once it gets going into the good numbers it'll be fantastic. And the closer it gets, the more excited we'll be, the better things will be posted, it'll be a cycle of awesome.

e3e5ynap.jpg

If you want to push the boundaries, fine but then there's more need then ever to keep a tighter rein such as keep an eye on new science guys. Or take heed of doctor and aast coach/mentor's warning.
I'd get the arse if i didn't in my job.
Agreed and Hird would know that in hindsight. Good management is trusting your employees to do their work and not treating them like children. However not being from a medical background Hird did not really grasp how many controls should be in place that weren't.

Processes and controls were not good enough, however Hamilton is more responsible for checking on his direct subordinates that Hird, where are his charges? Oh right of course, he works for AFL Victoria, he won't get charged.

My point being the support of Hird is more about that he has been wrongly identified as the main guy and pilloried as such. Not that he didn't make mistakes, but his mistakes were innocent enough in nature and his naivety in combination with the lack of processes resulted in the impact being serious and potentially unsafe for players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Who said i'm not happy with the thread

Your response to The Prosecutor saying "This thread makes me cringe..."

Alle-farking-lulia!!!!! I'm still waiting for the full story we were promised. Still think we were hasty in re-appointing him. Even before this season we have had late season collapses, a horrendous training/weights program with massive injuries. And then lets a supplement program get out of hand. Why even introduce one?

Sone of this worshipping makes me cringe.

Hird could have taken this to court to clear his name, but he fell on his sword for the club, and that makes him even more of a hero in my eyes. He put the club before his own reputation, which will now be tarnished forever, and there's still no evidence he ever did anything wrong.

We've all had a really shitty year, and some of us are trying to have a little enjoyment to take our mind of things. Just saying there's no need to be a killjoy. ;)

i may have the best one yet guys, do not even both asking me how long it took me

Remove this Banner Ad

Back