News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

Would the current board be in violation of the constitution if this happened or is it fine to do, assuming they know the requisitioner will probably schedule an early EGM?

The Constitution says that the board "shall forthwith proceed to convene a general meeting". It doesn't say what happens if they don't within the 21 days, other than that the requisitionist can then schedule it, in accordance with the Corporations Act. I don't think there is a consequence for not scheduling it.

The Constitution says that the board "shall forthwith proceed to convene a general meeting". It doesn't say what happens if they don't within the 21 days, other than that the requisitionist can then schedule it, in accordance with the Corporations Act. I don't think there is a consequence for not scheduling it.
Cheers.

I'd be very surprised if Angus didn't schedule an EGM and allowed Williams to do it.

He wants to look in control here, plus, scheudling it himself gives him the ability to schedule it as late as November 13.

If Williams was in control of the scheduling he could make it as soon as 25 October.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'd be very surprised if Angus didn't schedule an EGM and allowed Williams to do it.

He wants to look in control here, plus, scheudling it himself gives him the ability to schedule it as late as November 13.

If Williams was in control of the scheduling he could make it as soon as 25 October.
For a moment I thought you were getting all Freudian on us.

While you two quibble over 1996 Salma, I just went and got exclusive rights over 1999 Dogma Salma.

You're the GWS to my Sydney in that there trade, TBD. It's a hefty contract, but I'm sure it will be worth it.

Of course you're all assuming that Salma would ever be seen out in public again after our blissful union. Neither would I for that matter.

Just looking at the Corps Act (and I'm no whizz) if the directors fail to call it, the members can proceed anyway, and the club (not the requisitioners) foots the bill, with the directors responsible for the failure to call then to reimburse the club.

In which case, it's going to get called.

I hope all the people who have pledged to vote haven't lost interest with this wait and see scenario. Seems so long and drawn out.

Don't think that will be an issue. If anything, I think more people have become frustrated by Angus's refusal to make good on his "if you don't like it, kick us out" challenge.

Hoping you are right:thumbsu: ....has LTR kept these people up to date with info etc to keep the feeling of involvement?

Yeah, I think so. Got to find the balance between keeping people informed but not emailing unnecessarily.

Once an EGM is called there would be another communique.

I hope all the people who have pledged to vote haven't lost interest with this wait and see scenario. Seems so long and drawn out.
The vote will be for all of the 11000 full members note just the people that filled out the forms calling for an EGM. But we can't just leave it to TLR to inform members with what's going on we can help also by passing information on too. Just this afternoon I had a conversation with an elderly friend who is a member but none the wiser as to what is happening as she doesn't have email etc.
ps she wants Johnson out also

In practice, that's not really the way it works with calling meetings... the club will call it within the prescribed time period, or they'll be in violation of the constitution. Therefore it will be called within the prescribed time period.

I know it's not really a legal argument, but going against the constitution really isn't an option for the company. Read an article saying the date would be today, so I'd expect either a withdrawal or an EGM call today.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back