News Lions Board Spill - update: Board Dispute Resolved

Remove this Banner Ad

In practice, that's not really the way it works with calling meetings... the club will call it within the prescribed time period, or they'll be in violation of the constitution. Therefore it will be called within the prescribed time period.

I know it's not really a legal argument, but going against the constitution really isn't an option for the company. Read an article saying the date would be today, so I'd expect either a withdrawal or an EGM call today.

So at 4:59pm today, we can expect to see a poorly scrawled notice nailed to the back door of the Gabba?

I know it's not really a legal argument, but going against the constitution really isn't an option for the company. Read an article saying the date would be today,

It's definitely tomorrow.

So... once the EGM has been called tomorrow (assuming the incumbent board waits until the last minute), does anyone know at what point it becomes too late to broker a deal and call it off? Is it as simple as just cancelling the event and losing any deposits involved in putting it on, or are there corporate rules that make it more difficult than that?

Part of me (the part that doesn't respond to logic) still hopes Angus & Co. will stand down, despite all evidence to the contrary... but the other part of me says to hell with it, they've delayed this long - the satisfaction of it being the members boot that kicks them out the door will be worth another month waiting.

So... once the EGM has been called tomorrow (assuming the incumbent board waits until the last minute), does anyone know at what point it becomes too late to broker a deal and call it off? Is it as simple as just cancelling the event and losing any deposits involved in putting it on, or are there corporate rules that make it more difficult than that?

Part of me (the part that doesn't respond to logic) still hopes Angus & Co. will stand down, despite all evidence to the contrary... but the other part of me says to hell with it, they've delayed this long - the satisfaction of it being the members boot that kicks them out the door will be worth another month waiting.

As I understand it, there is still the possibility for a negotiated outcome, even once the EGM is scheduled.

I might have my dates wrong but I thought the club had until tomorrow to nominate an EGM date?

It's definitely tomorrow.

That'll be my bad. I read an article late Weds night that said 'tomorrow', but it must've been one of those post-dated ones that say that they're published at 12:00am the next day.

We can expect notice of EGM Friday then. Cheers boys.

32598855.jpg

I think it is 50/50 whether the Angus will officially announce an EGM today. You would think it was in his interest to organise it themselves, but he is fairly unpredictable at the moment.

If Angus doesn't announce it today, I assume Power and Williams might need a number of days to organise the details of the meeting and even put together a contact list of the Club's voting members (which I assume the Club would have to provide under the Corps Act).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The lack of communication from the club on this issue has screamed "we don't care" over the past week or more.

Sigh.

Absolutely disgusted with the lack of communciation from the board regarding the EGM. Angus and his cronies have kept us all in the dark and treated members and supporters with contempt. I feel sorry for the poor Lions staff members having to respond to irate emails and tweets at the moment. They must be as frustrated as we are.

I actually ran into old mate Angus in the toilets at the B&F a month ago... In hindsight I wish I had have voiced my displeasure with him then. What a flog.

The lack of communication on this issue from the the club is a massive middle finger from Angus to us members, can't believe there has been nothing announced today, it just reeks of arrogance.

Do they have to announce the EGM date or just set it?
If it is set, presumably the whole board must be told, so even if Angus doesn't want it announced (preferring to advise by mail or email), surely Williams and Power would make it known.
Have they been equally silent, TLR? Is it not a board decision as opposed to an Angus decision?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back