Rumour The Thread formerly known as the rumour file, now with zero rumours

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hampson is a poor footballer. A second round pick is, in my opinion, a good result for us.

"Athletic" and "project" and "potential" no longer cuts it. He's had more than enough time to prove himself. I wish him all the best, but it is our best interests to do this trade.

Re hammer...

How old is will minson? On the verge of being cut or shunted by the doggies not all that long ago. Now AA.

Hammer still young enough to get better with an injury free run and some continuity as no one ruck.

But his body is a worry and maybe he is as good as he will get. All conjecture.

The problem with Hampson is at Carlton he is forced to play out of position due to our excess of rucks. As ruck Hampson is above average - he was quite good as the ruck when Kruze did his knee. Issue is we force him to play forward as we have Kruze and Warnock who are better rucks. You could do worse than getting Hampson - but he must be played as a ruck/forward not forward/ruck if you get what I mean.
Yep I second that. Spot on. Use him primarily as a ruckmen and he will be more than handy

What are you basing this off? I have always thought our side looks much better when Warnock is playing.

Kreuzer sometimes doesn't perform when not no.1 ruck but we always seem to look better when they play together. On the other hand, I've seen plenty of terrible games with Hampson being played...He's a fairly good ruck but he's not going to work at Carlton.

Zee, this is just my opinion. Personally I don't see Kreuzer or Warnock working together in a team. Most likely one of them will have their output blunted.

Also I see neither of them as a reliable ruck/forward or a forward target. I just can't see them impose themselves up forward as a forward target for our mids or see Warnock create space for our smalls.

I'm going to go against popular opinion and agree with the previous poster that an early 30s pick for a no.1 ruck is hardly a win for us.

It's hardly a buyers market when it comes to securing a ruck capable of holding down the no.1/2 spot - we've seen rucks flourish when given greater opportunities, and we've seen clubs pay overs due to them being a rare commodity. We've effectively developed Hampson until his prime, and people are now happy to hand him over for a speculative pick at best - should be holding out for a late teens/early 20s pick.

He may be wasting away in the reserves for us, but he won't be doing that for whatever team picks him up - his value should be equivalent to his worth for them, not his worth to us.

I'm going to go against popular opinion and agree with the previous poster that an early 30s pick for a no.1 ruck is hardly a win for us.

It's hardly a buyers market when it comes to securing a ruck capable of holding down the no.1/2 spot - we've seen rucks flourish when given greater opportunities, and we've seen clubs pay overs due to them being a rare commodity. We've effectively developed Hampson until his prime, and people are now happy to hand him over for a speculative pick at best - should be holding out for a late teens/early 20s pick.

He may be wasting away in the reserves for us, but he won't be doing that for whatever team picks him up - his value should be equivalent to his worth for them, not his worth to us.

We will likely use that pick (or our second round pick which is later than Richmond's) to trade for another player (e.g. Sam Docherty).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well connected posters on our board are saying Hampson trade is all but done.

Do you guys think he wil be a good contributor for us or as most of our guys view him, do you think he is a spud?

Personally I think if his body holds up he will be a great pick up for us

Should work well with Maric and be a very good back up forever Maric is injured or needs a rest. Up forward Hampson is like a box of chocolates but he should work well with Riewoldt and Vickey/Mcbean taking the best defenders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back