List Mgmt. Trade: Geelong trades Trent West to Brisbane for National Draft 3rd Round selection

Remove this Banner Ad

West and #32 for #21 means we go to the Draft and potentially take home Gardiner & Tsitas with the picks provided Adams doesn't get done. I can live with this.

Realistically, if he's just going to sit in the VFL all year, we might as well take #37. Of course, we should push for better though. They are desperate to buy and we are (presumably) desperate to sell.

If talks proceed, it will be interesting to see how much we dig our heels in, call West a required player etc. I'm a West apologist, but if St Kilda is truly keen on him and we seem reluctant to progress with them, it's a bad sign. To me, that would mean that there is still significant doubt concerning the health of our other ruckmen.

That's the worst possible outcome. It means that we've got a 25-year-old ruckman they don't rate enough to play, but want to keep because they don't trust the fitness of everyone else. Worrying to say the least.

no way would St Kilda have let big boy go without already having a suitable replacement in the wings. These trade discussions would have been happening as early as finals time, recruiters would have been negotiating back then so I think you will find St Kilda know exactly what they are doing and who they are getting in.

Well, this is St Kilda. They lost Dawson at the end of 2011 and continue their three year odyssey to find a replacement for him in this trade period.

He takes marks like all big men are suppose to and he has excellent skills for his size.
He was playing in a rotten side which was getting beating by 6 goals every week and also had to do so without any help from a backup ruck.

Hickey was offering practically as much as McEvoy by the end of last season.

why the hell did they get rid of McEvoy? :eek: He is a very good ruckman. Hawthorn are bloody good at this game aren't they. West for Dal Santo.... wouldn't that upset North :D

Like your thinking!

West and #32 for #21 means we go to the Draft and potentially take home Acres & Tsitas with the picks provided Adams doesn't get done. I can live with this.

EFA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Only a rumour so I've denoted it so.

http://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/af...evoy-to-hawthorn/story-fnahsgl5-1226736658234

But what would be a fair deal?

St Kilda will probably hope pick 37. Geelong might hope 21 (IMO, dreaming).

An upgrade of Geelong's 32 to 21 might be the best we could hope for? Could help us with other trades - e.g. 21 would be a fairer outcome for Shaw than 15, IMO.

Can we add some flavor to the trade 21 on it own? But the upgrade deal would be no bad.

Would the Pies take 21? Read the Pies board and all us Geelong supporters are deluded in saying is too much 15 , half of them want 15 and a player. If we could do it for 21 Id be happy I suppose. (As hapy as Im going to get , considering I dont want him)

But what about a straight pick to Brisbane. West & ? for Longer

I can't recall a trade between 2 clubs where ruckman have been exchanged. Might be wrong. Seems a bit odd though. I would be surprised if we are in the market for a ruckman like Longer this year whilst we still have both Simpson and McIntosh on our list.

Can we add some flavor to the trade 21 on it own? But the upgrade deal would be no bad.

Would the Pies take 21? Read the Pies board and all us Geelong supporters are deluded in saying is too much 15 , half of them want 15 and a player. If we could do it for 21 Id be happy I suppose. (As hapy as Im going to get , considering I dont want him)

West and Brown,would give them direction and colour if nothing else.

Pretty sure I heard saints will offer a pick and Armitage for Longer, may be juicier than West/Brown combo

West and #32 for #21 means we go to the Draft and potentially take home Gardiner & Tsitas with the picks provided Adams doesn't get done. I can live with this.

Not sure Gardiner will be there at pick 21. Tsitas will probably be there at 32.

May need pick 15 to get Acres - but will we have this pick ?

There's apparently a view by some at the Saints that the Big Boy is very good around the ground but poor in the taps to advantage area.

They are also aiming to grab 3 picks in the top 20 which may have played some part in the decision. Savage is a more than useful pick-up too.
He was number one i think for intercept marks for a ruckman,Hes a pretty good mark covers the ground quiet well.

didn't it become pick 14 because Essendon aren't in it this year?
Adelaide and Essendon don't have a 1st rounder and GWS activated a mid round compo pick at the start of the year which for now leaves our 1st pick at #15.
Collingwood will probably get a 1st round compo pick for Thomas which would then obviously push it to #16.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back