Clarke Fined for Sledging Anderson

Remove this Banner Ad

Quote - Bucking Beads. "You must have missed the part where Anderson had a sook to the umpires."

What did he say? We know what Clarke said because the microphone was on. The umpires decided to get involved and Anderson had his say to them. He did not approach them asking for protection. He and Bailey were going at it for a while before the umpires walked up. The rest is conjecture.

Storm in a tea cup the whole bloody thing. Cricket sanitization gone mad.

Quote - Bucking Beads. "You must have missed the part where Anderson had a sook to the umpires."

What did he say? We know what Clarke said because the microphone was on. The umpires decided to get involved and Anderson had his say to them. He did not approach them asking for protection. He and Bailey were going at it for a while before the umpires walked up. The rest is conjecture.

You should watch the replay again. Anderson clearly having a whinge to the Umpires about whatever Bailey said.

I have been trying to find this since it happen, EVEN THE COPPERS ARE LAUGHING

kp.gif

The coppers laughing made it that more funny - well played!

As for the sledging, leave it on the field. Clarke is a goose for getting involved but I laugh when the key people who sledge, they can't handle it. Anderson isn't as tough as he thinks he is

You must have missed the part where Anderson had a sook to the umpires.

Yep - that is what irritated me.

If he is just having a good ole fashioned crack back at Bailey - then that is good cricket.

But calling in the teacher because the big kid is bullying him was just pathetic.

What did Anderson say ?

It's not clear what was said apart from "well get ready for a broken ******* arm then." (and "your a ******* Pussy" a few overs latter)

What is clear is Bailey and Anderson are going at it then umps come in tell everyone to shut the * up and play cricket and Anderson starts talking to the umpires and pointing at the Aussie's.

Clark, puts his hand up and people start walking off.

At which time Anderson starts mouthing off to Bailey and getting in Clarks face clark says something, Anderson responds and Clark says his now infamous line.

Being out there in the middle must be the loneliest place on earth for a Pom.........Just wait until you come to Perth mate

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I doubt that Clarke will get fined for that comment, it wasn't insulting or threatening, it was merely a piece of sensible advice to Anderson to ensure he had all his medical insurance up to date.

Warney says that Anderson said to Bailey on the field that he wanted to punch him in the face. Why hasn't this been mentioned in the media? It's exactly the same! Anderson started it.

There needs to be more uproar re Clarke being fined. The absurdities of the double standard is there for all to see.

Good on Warney for stirring the pot. It's all so much nonsense. English fans commenting on one of the BBC articles would never believe that Jimmy is anything but a hard-done by innocent in all this.

And by the way, I hope they all want to punch Bailey's face by the end of the series. He's the perfect person to have in close catching if they do.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back