Revealed: Deals proposed to/by AFL, ASC et al.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, trying to **** our champion, captain, coach, leader and legend despite an acknowledgement that he did nothing wrong and didn't bring the game into disrepute. Aw thanks Vlad

No they still stand by the claims that Hird directly contributed to the EFC bringing the game into disrepute, but drop the charge of Hird bringing the game into disrepute himself. The club took on that title so the individuals didn't have to.

AFL bankrolls ASADA
John Wylie very involved in brokering a deal to make Golden boy except watered down penalties
John Wylie : Boss of the Australian Sports Commission
Australian Sports Commission : Boss of ASADA
Does anyone believe ASADA is not influenced by the AFL
The joint AFL/ASADA investigation was a farce right from the get go

I think you are mis-reading what is and isn't being said.

AD is saying 'There is nothing in front of us to suggest infractions'

NOT

'There is an investigation underway which I am unable to comment on'

The difference is turkey slapping you in the face.

It is a carefully worded statement by AD. Instead of saying "there will be no infraction notices issued" which of course he can't categorically state because he doesn't know that, he says "today there is nothing before us that indicates there are infraction notices," which is correct as ASADA have not completed their investigation & therefore have not issued any infraction notices.

AD covers himself by saying this, so if ASADA complete their investigation tomorrow, next week, next month & INs are issued, he can rightly say that at the time of making the statement on 4 December 2013, the AFL did not have before them any indication there might be INs issued.

Listening to it. Vlad is awesome.
"I wasn't privy to any discussions"
"I wasn't there"
"I don't know what they were discussing. Could have been anything"
Plausible denial. Protected his arse in a major way.
T@sser. Disgrace. Politician of the highest order. HATE HIM.

He wasn't there. The Vlad and Gil show had their chance, but ****ed it up by releasing the charge sheet.

The Little and Hird presser followed, Little called in Wylie and Vlad and his toyboy were relieved of their duties.

I recall the look on Vlad's face sitting next to Fitzy when they unleashed the penalties - the look of a boy who had missed the party. Bet it still irks him.

SgtShultz.png

Vlad today.

Make no mistake, this quality guy will throw anyone and everyone under the bus to ensure he stays in the clear. Look out Gillon

That AGM should be fun. Ask the questions, Dons fans. Your club has let you down and you deserve answers.

I wonder if the leaks are the board answering some of those questions ahead of the AGM. I'm pretty sure there would have been confidentiality agreements as part of the final deal so it would make sense for the club to try some other means of getting their side out if they can't just stand up and tell it how it was.

One thing thou is who leaked the latest round? Who would have the most to gain and lose? My best guess someone close to Essendon or the Hird camp. Comes out as taking one for the team, the inducements mean he had to be persuaded as there wasn't much evidence and it sinks the boots into AD and the AFL.

Can't read what it means for ASADA. Maybe it means Essendon are cleared and a pi&** off someone now feels free to put their side out. Or worse they are about to be hit so are taking to the AFL as a warning shot (all they have left now there is no court action) not to kill them off as they will start a real war.
I think it must have come from Essendon, my only question if it was by the executive acting in the interests of the club or a board member trying to control some of the damage prior to the elections at the AGM. We'll know who leaked it soon enough I suspect because no one would go down this path and release damaging information to the Hun of all people. I think one side will come out looking OK and they will be the source of the leak.
You won't find too many Adelaide fans cheering.

Vlad deserves to have a ball of asbestos rammed down his throat.

I think that s**t needs to be inhaled for it to work dude.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The funniest thing in this whole saga is the Essendon fans who think that Demetriou has been out to get the Bombers.

The bloke has done everything in his power to lessen the impact on the Bombers. Be it telling Evans that the club is under investigation and should self report, to suggesting that Hird step down whilst the investigation was ongoing.

But to Bomber eyes he has some plot to bring the club down, why for what end?

AFL bankrolls ASADA
John Wylie very involved in brokering a deal to make Golden boy except watered down penalties
John Wylie : Boss of the Australian Sports Commission
Australian Sports Commission : Boss of ASADA
Does anyone believe ASADA is not influenced by the AFL
The joint AFL/ASADA investigation was a farce right from the get go

Wont get any dispute from over my side of the fence on that.

Does 'honeypotted' mean what I think it means ?

Because if it does, then Tania's standards in blokes has sure dropped since Golden Balls has been away in Paris.

Smiling at him would be enough for The Oaf.

Undoing a button would send him into a HirdIsGreat typing frenzy.

Tania wouldn't full honeypot that Slob in a million years.

It is a carefully worded statement by AD. Instead of saying "there will be no infraction notices issued" which of course he can't categorically state because he doesn't know that, he says "today there is nothing before us that indicates there are infraction notices," which is correct as ASADA have not completed their investigation & therefore have not issued any infraction notices.

AD covers himself by saying this, so if ASADA complete their investigation tomorrow, next week, next month & INs are issued, he can rightly say that at the time of making the statement on 4 December 2013, the AFL did not have before them any indication there might be INs issued.

Semantics. It's all been one big game of semantics - from BOTH sides!

This is great. Little refusing to comment on suggestion put to him that Hird is still being paid by Essendon.

AD reminding everyone that Essendon promised not to.

That AGM should be fun. Ask the questions, Dons fans. Your club has let you down and you deserve answers.
It is crystal clear to me that Essendon supporters don't want to be told anything they don't want to hear. They appear to adhere to the mantra "if we don't know about it, it didn't happen". I would imagine their AGM would be a mind numbing affair with questions comprising nothing but dorothy dixers.

Then again, you never know. It only takes one rogue fan.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back