Revealed: Deals proposed to/by AFL, ASC et al.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Essendon or it's players are found guilty under any Drug Code violation then Yes I do. Again what they are who knows.

take note of the bolded word.

CONSEQUENCES TO TEAMS
Where more than one Player from a Club has been notified
of a possible Anti Doping Rule Violation in any one season, the Club shall be subject to
Target Testing for the remainder of the season. If more than one Player in a Club is found to have
committed an Anti Doping Rule Violation during a season, the Club may be subject to
sanctions to be determined, in their absolute discretion, by the Commission

There is no obligation for the AFL to go beyond what they have done. The AFL clearly believe the penalties are "appropriate", which is obviously a key word given the WADA code.

The pic of Duthie was merely in response to the bolded part of your post.
" Anyone who has follow the AFL for long enough knows that AD does a lot of deals behind closed doors to try and avoid the AFL name being dragged through the mud."
As we all know, AD doesn't care about the game itself, only that the AFL as a brand doesn't get bad publicity.

The most important line of Vlad's letter is his denial that the AFL was involved in Little's discussions with Wylie. I make no judgement on the truth or otherwise of that statement.

However. Lets not forget that there are alternatives to the full blown conspiracy many are embracing so eagerly.

One of which is that Little tried to get Wylie onboard to save the players and failed. "I'd like to help you Paul, but it just can't be done." Which qualifies as "discussion".

take note of the bolded word.

There is no obligation for the AFL to go beyond what they have done. The AFL clearly believe the penalties are "appropriate", which is obviously a key word given the WADA code.
Read the code (a few times) doesn't change my opinion. If Essendon or any of its players are found guilty under a Drug code Violation then the AFL Commission IMO is duty bound to punish them further (regardless of how light it may be).

Lance and I were briefly discussing this above.

Doesn't benefit AFL.
Doesn't benefit Essendon.
Possibly benefits Robbo if he wants AD to sit down.

Could be actual reporting?
The information had to come from someone, research alone wouldn't have turned up all this info without a source. So while the reporters are reporting the question of who leaked it and with what motives remains.

There was nothing in the sanctions agreed to by all that stopped some Essendon flog with too much money paying for Hird to do a fake MBA at INSEAD.

The information had to come from someone, research alone wouldn't have turned up all this info without a source. So while the reporters are reporting the question of who leaked it and with what motives remains.

Well Robbo has many time since this all broke said along the lines of "I wish I could tell everything...there is a lot more going on here than reported....one day it will all come out."

Perhaps the reporters are actually reporting? No hidden agenda other than breaking some pretty damning news.

On issue with that, this is clearly a concerted campaign by News Corp. Articles in at least three newspapers by a least three people, all with much the same info. Let alone the fact that each article by itself is just juicy, but add them togeather and it is something else.

So the Australian tells us part of the deal was meant to be no player sanctions and says Wylie is chairman of the Aust Sports Commission, it is the Telegraph which mentions that the Aust Sports Commission oversees ASADA, without mentioning the no player sanctions deal.

So no, News Corp has known this for a while, have released it as part of a clear premediated campaign. Now the agenda may be to make a big splash and sell newspapers, ie but there is still an agenda.

My personal belief it is that and payback.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well Robbo has many time since this all broke said along the lines of "I wish I could tell everything...there is a lot more going on here than reported....one day it will all come out."
Really? Wonder why he thinks the time is right to get it out there.

That is why it is so funny. One party offering a deal they can't deliver on, and the other stupid enough to accept it. And this Wylie chap is a Rhodes scholar like Abbott. I wonder if they have got around to selling them online yet.

I'd have to say that I'm not fond of either of those two, but one is pm and the other has risen to the upper echelons of international business, whilst the vast bulk of us are shit kickers posting on a forum. I'll leave it to you to work out who are the cunning.

As for Wylie offering a deal that cannot be delivered I wouldn't be so sure. I know the authority that wada and asada have but that doesn't mean that they use it. He heads a body that governs asada so his influence there is clear, as for wada its worth looking at the broader landscape.

Business and politics are bedfellows, sport is the bed. How many political and business deals are done at sporting functions? How much lobbying of politicians by business are done at sporting functions? Sporting bodies court them for the sponsorship and taxpayer dollars and at that junction relationships are formed between the three. If you look at an organisation like wada they exist at that junction, their funding comes from government and the ioc, which in turn is funded by business.

Look at who lands plum jobs at organisations like wada, not people like you and I, but they're drawn from the political and business fraternity. To land those jobs, lobbying is done, favours are done and called in, and debts are incurred.

So it comes down to who does Wylie know that can influence key people at wada, his political and business network is vast.

I'd have to say that I'm not fond of either of those two, but one is pm and the other has risen to the upper echelons of international business, whilst the vast bulk of us are shit kickers posting on a forum. I'll leave it to you to work out who are the cunning.

As for Wylie offering a deal that cannot be delivered I wouldn't be so sure. I know the authority that wada and asada have but that doesn't mean that they use it. He heads a body that governs asada so his influence there is clear, as for wada its worth looking at the broader landscape.

Business and politics are bedfellows, sport is the bed. How many political and business deals are done at sporting functions? How much lobbying of politicians by business are done at sporting functions? Sporting bodies court them for the sponsorship and taxpayer dollars and at that junction relationships are formed between the three. If you look at an organisation like wada they exist at that junction, their funding comes from government and the ioc, which in turn is funded by business.

Look at who lands plum jobs at organisations like wada, not people like you and I, but they're drawn from the political and business fraternity. To land those jobs, lobbying is done, favours are done and called in, and debts are incurred.

So it comes down to who does Wylie know that can influence key people at wada, his political and business network is vast.

Notice also how Roy Masters changed tack around the same time Wylie was brought on board.

Both past chairmen of the ASC with wide networks and contacts.

I'm expecting the "6" AFL player sacrifices, a dozen NRL player sacrifices, a few people to move on to greener pastures, and the show to roll on.

But who knows?....this saga/cover-up is now a beast wildly out of control.

It certainly will be interesting to see what other 'revelations' come out nearing the season kick off. The major media players/owners will surely want to protect their 'interests' which should almost guarantee a reasonable shit fight given the quantity of people and organisations involved. Pretty funny shit really. Kudos to you Vlad........and Essendon.

Notice also how Roy Masters changed tack around the same time Wylie was brought on board.

Both past chairmen of the ASC with wide networks and contacts.

I'm expecting the "6" AFL player sacrifices, a dozen NRL player sacrifices, a few people to move on to greener pastures, and the show to roll on.

But who knows?....this saga/cover-up is now a beast wildly out of control.

That right it's only when light is shone in dark corners that these things can come unstuck.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back