Discussion Soccer/Association Football New Kits

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Disappointed about signing with Umbro? Their fabric is the greatest of all time, my 2009-10 long sleeve City kit is ludicrously comfortable, like a proper football kit should feel.

Maybe you have brand loyalty to Nike but you just don't know it

Disappointed about signing with Umbro? Their fabric is the greatest of all time, my 2009-10 long sleeve City kit is ludicrously comfortable, like a proper football kit should feel.

Maybe you have brand loyalty to Nike but you just don't know it
Umbro definitely have the best shirts out. They're cut really well which is the main thing. But Adidas feels a bit too polyester, Nike's feels plastic, and Umbro have cotton on the outside – so comfortable. And this is aside from the fact that they have the nicest designs floating around too.

MV home kit for the AFC Champions League
1932325_10150357856984944_1554211799_n.jpg

1932476_684201821626395_2065042369_n.jpg

1656063_684201844959726_2079454947_n.jpg

Umbro are the best and i'd absolutely love Villa to sign with them. They just get football kit design. It's classic after classic.

I can't get on board, every time we played I saw thisView attachment 43342

Mind you this years are even worse, Warrior does such a nice home strip and dreadful away kits.
Specially made for Luis Suarez. In all fairness a gun player.

Umbro are the best and i'd absolutely love Villa to sign with them. They just get football kit design. It's classic after classic.
When we were last with Umbro we got template after template, although I know they significantly improved design wise once we left them. Can't comment on the fabric of the "Tailored by" range as the last time we left them, they bought that range out, and they probably will change again considering they've had an entire season without making kits for a significant club.

I'm hoping their fabric is as comfortable as Nike's dri-fit, but they embroid the badges properly instead of the way Nike do it on their kits.

One thing I'm looking forward to is being Umbro's "flagship" club.

MV home kit for the AFC Champions League
It hurts seeing this considering last season there was 1.5 ACL spots and now it changed back meaning they get to compete when they didn't finish top two in the league or make the Grand Final, while we had to play a qualifier despite winning the Grand Final and finishing top two in the league.

-

As for Warrior they've only made one good kit design with LFC, which was their home kit last season. Their home kit this season is okay but their away/third kits from this season and last season has been horrid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Our home kit this season is terrific. Warrior have done a great job so far.
I agree..but the away and third are no where near terrific.

When we played Bournemouth in the FA Cup, we wore white shorts with the away kit and I think it did improve the kit slightly (ever so slightly ;)) as it didn't look like the kit and shorts were transitioning.

Wow that's really beautiful. Good job Nike

White socks absolutely make the kit IMO. Gold socks wouldn't look as good.

Why white socks ? Also why can't supporters buy the same coat of arms that's on the players jersey when they purchase the replica ?
It has something to do with a trademark or restrictions. Which basically comes from a mentality of "this is a special emblem, it's reserved for special occasions." I guess a parallel would be how you could only ever get a Big V jumper if you actually represented Victoria. Or a baggy green if you played for the Australian cricket team. Which is fair enough, I actually really like the idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back