List Mgmt. Free Agency 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Well because people have been talking about Frawley and what clubs may be chasing him. Adelaide have previously been reported as going after him and I am telling you they won't pay the price he is asking

I still don't see what Adelaide have to do with Carlton and you don't need to tell me anything!

Watch him go to Hawthorn.
Have a war chest full of cash now that Buddy has gone and is a ready made replacement for Lake.
Hawks will be major players, but surely some of the Buddy money would have to find its way to others in the team, assuming many of them would have been taking unders to try and keep him. Also McEvoy would on circa 500K one would think.

Forget about Frawley, we should be chasing Ben Reid or Ted Richards both can play forward and back, would allow Lachie to stay forward.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Forget about Frawley, we should be chasing Ben Reid or Ted Richards both can play forward and back, would allow Lachie to stay forward.

Richards is 31. Doesn't fit our recruiting policy.

Anyone else think of Frawley as just a little over-rated? I get the huge appeal at his age, and he did bag an AA nice and early...I suppose I just don't have him at the top of the KPD tree.

Maybe I just don't watch enough of Melbourne.

Richards is 31. Doesn't fit our recruiting policy.
Perhaps we should change our policy, Hawthorn wouldn't have won a flag without recruiting a 31 year old key defender. We have a need and shouldn't be afraid to get someone in for a 2-3 year impact, especially if we are not giving up anything to get it.

Perhaps we should change our policy, Hawthorn wouldn't have won a flag without recruiting a 31 year old key defender. We have a need and shouldn't be afraid to get someone in for a 2-3 year impact, especially if we are not giving up anything to get it.

Richards will be 32 by the time next season rolls around. He's been great in a Sydney team that puts a lot of pressure on upfield. Lake is the better full back talent wise however. Richards is more of a Jamison type.

I'm assuming that Richards will be a unrestricted free agent because he is not in the Swans top 25% salary earners. However we'd still have to offer him decent coin to shake him loose. He's happy where he is and his brother is there. Lake had been injured, was unhappy and had some personality clashes with a couple of people at the Dogs.

I'd also suggest Hawthorn 2013 were closer to a flag than we are.

Seems to be the right year to target a KPP in the draft. Hendo and Watson still young, Giles coming through...another quality young KPP would fit the list nicely.

Waite is retiring! o_O

One more injury riddled year and he'd be close. A lot can happen in a season.

Let's look at our KPPs in approximate order of merit (currently).

Henderson - equally adept back or forward
Jamison - full back or .... full back
Waite - key forward capable of playing CHB. In his twilight years.
Watson - key defender every day of the week
Casboult - key forward or bust
Rowe - pinch hitter forward, back or ruck
Giles - CHB capable of playing CHF

Definitely lighter in the forwards unless we want Giles to develop as a forward. We know if Jamo or Watson go down and we are under pressure, that Lachie is going back again and we have to replace Waite. With Rowe and Casboult, our other forward options, down the list in terms of merit, it's a glaring hole. Even if we keep recruiting key defenders, we need to eventually have a forward who reads the play and presents like a forward .... not a makeshift big body.

Even if we keep recruiting key defenders, we need to eventually have a forward who reads the play and presents like a forward .... not a makeshift big body.
Yep.

Would like to see us pull off a sneaky Laidler-esque trade for a fringe forward (Shane Kersten, Lewis Johnston would have been ideal), and follow up in the draft for some more bankable KPP quality.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back