Analysis Our forward line - KPF depth?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jaksch is a good player, but the one from GWS would have to be Tomlinson. He's already showed the workrate of Hurley as well as good hands and a pretty good kick. With Patton/Cameron/Boyd, could be on the way out

If you get the defensive gameplan and defense set you can bank on it and work on your forward line. If you instill the discipline first you know that it'll stay there, if you go the reverse, the defence may always be suspect.
I'd be stoked if we could get Tomlinson but I can't see it happening. He's more of a mobile third tall so he fits into the GWS forward line anyway, like how Gunston managed to fit in with Roughead, Franklin and Hale. He's been getting regular games so would be less inclined to leave. The club seems to value him very highly. Given that he have Bellchambers and Daniher up forward that is probably the type of player we want. Jaksch hasn't shown as much but he's also athletic, good at tackling/applying pressure and marking, plus he's more likely to want out and he'd be much cheaper.

Forget Tomlinson, start working now to sign Cameron for the 2016 season..

Whatever It Takes.

5 goals and one from a mark. This is unsustainable for a key forward. He needs to mark the ball.

Wanted to reply along the same lines.

I know he will get better but at this stage Carlisle is a slow 198cm small forward who doesn't really do anything defensively and further unbalances the forward line. Put it down the the structure and ball movement but if this is what we are getting from Carlisle we might as well just chuck him down back and play another small forward.

I know he will get better but at this stage Carlisle is a slow 198cm small forward who doesn't really do anything defensively and further unbalances the forward line. Put it down the the structure and ball movement but if this is what we are getting from Carlisle we might as well just chuck him down back and play another small forward.
We don't have any small forwards capable of kicking over two goals a game.

Is everyone forgetting the West Coast game or the Carlton game when swung forward? What about his debut year? He marked and goaled at several key moments. He has the ability to be a key forward, he just needs more time back in the position. If he can (again) add strong leading and marking to his clear crumbing/snapping ability, he will be a gun forward.

GWS won't give him up for anyone. Not if they have any sense.
Only deal that I'd take for him would be Ablett + Franklin...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

You forgot the 3rd rounder

Well that might be paying 'overs' for him.. but I see your point, you have to give to receive..

So Dyson + Jetta + 3rd Rounder.

Done. I'll email the club and let them know how easy this will be. Going to be pretty steamed if we don't get Cameron tbh.. he is exactly what we need.

gws have clearly been stocking up for future trade weeks with talls, with the 5-6 tall forwards they have in stock (excluding ruckman who will play forward) i think we should be able to snag one, although this draft is meant to have a lot of good talls, still think its worth trying to snag one of them thats had a couple of years in the system

gws have clearly been stocking up for future trade weeks with talls, with the 5-6 tall forwards they have in stock (excluding ruckman who will play forward) i think we should be able to snag one, although this draft is meant to have a lot of good talls, still think its worth trying to snag one of them thats had a couple of years in the system
The problem about them is that there's 4 or 5 of them, but they're all probably going to be top 10, if not top 5.

The problem about them is that there's 4 or 5 of them, but they're all probably going to be top 10, if not top 5.

McCarthy who they drafted at 12 last year and was tipped to go around 15-20 will probably be traded of in a year or 2, if he hasn't played a lot and is maybe injured a bit it would decree his value a bit.

the one i think we could go after is Kristian Jaksch, not necessarily saying i want him, but haven't seen much of him to judge.
was taken at pick 12, has only played 2 games, with this years draft apparently full of tall's that factor also decreases his value. was also injured a bit. i reckon if things went our way this year we could get him, that's just an option though. then we could send carlisle back

Alternatively we go after a Lewis Johnstone, Tyson Goldsack, Mitch Brown (Gee), Josh Walker, Ben Griffiths, Fraser McInness type while other sides squabble over the GWS talls

Goldsack will be alright.
Goldsack would be the #1 target for me out of those, due to his flexibility to play in defence as well, and his better pressure and experience adds to the forward line

Remove this Banner Ad

Back