Roast AFL Fantasy is an utter joke

Remove this Banner Ad

Jan 10, 2011
perth
AFL Club
Adelaide
So after the round 1 debacle, in which people could trade in players who had already played, we now find that they've also buggered up the pricing system, so that players who have played in only round 2 experience a price rise, whereas players who have only played in round 1 do not experience a price rise.

Its inconceivable that they could have made such basic coding errors over the first two rounds and its made the game pointless.

Ive utterly lost interest in AFL fantasy and will stick to the virtual sports competition from here on.

So after the round 1 debacle, in which people could trade in players who had already played, we now find that they've also buggered up the pricing system, so that players who have played in only round 2 experience a price rise, whereas players who have only played in round 1 do not experience a price rise.

Its inconceivable that they could have made such basic coding errors over the first two rounds and its made the game pointless.

Ive utterly lost interest in AFL fantasy and will stick to the virtual sports competition from here on.
That was actually said from the beginning. Players wouldn't have price rises after round 1, to accommodate the free hit, but after round 2 prices would start changing regardless of whether players also played in round 1 or not, without those who only played in round 1 going up. It isn't like this is a mistake or they didn't say it would happen, it's written in the rules and through promotional articles that it would happen.

AFL Fantasy is woeful but AFL Fantasy Elite is even worse. Yesterday McKernan acted as my 'auto emergency' for Mitchell who was a late out. A ruckman came in for a defender....when I had Jaensch sitting on the bench as my only benched defender...ridiculous! I'm changing to Ultimate Foot as we speak.

Anyone here play the Ultimate Footy Draft? Wondering other players can see if you've placed a waiver on waivered players?

That was actually said from the beginning. Players wouldn't have price rises after round 1, to accommodate the free hit, but after round 2 prices would start changing regardless of whether players also played in round 1 or not, without those who only played in round 1 going up. It isn't like this is a mistake or they didn't say it would happen, it's written in the rules and through promotional articles that it would happen.

This doesn't explain why the prices haven't changed for those who played in round 1 but not round 2. Its obviously a screw up

This doesn't explain why the prices haven't changed for those who played in round 1 but not round 2. Its obviously a screw up
No, it does. There weren't going to be any changes for round 1, even if someone only played in round 1. That was always the case. Round 2 was always going to be the first change, but only if the player played in round 2. It doesn't matter if they played in round 1 or not.

It is having numerous teething issues.

Still good prizes on offer and with minimal effort (compared to previous years) I have somehow got a fair ranking thus far.

No, it does. There weren't going to be any changes for round 1, even if someone only played in round 1. That was always the case. Round 2 was always going to be the first change, but only if the player played in round 2. It doesn't matter if they played in round 1 or not.

and where in the rules does it say that. the only reference I could find to was "Player Price changes will occur after the Round 2 (previously it was after Round 3), rewarding those who get their Player selections right from the start."

there's nothing else on the site about price changes.

I have been a dream teamer for 10 years but they have royally screwed this year up with the change of provider. Added to the issue above:

- The android app is a joke. No live scores. No total score once lockout was finished and a UI that is about as intuitive as an advanced calculus textbook

- Can only do single trades at a time! No double trades!!

- The stat centre for gold subscribers are totally screwed. Memo – Essendon’s next 3 games are NOT Fremantle, Stkilda and Collingwood.

- Front screen doesn’t show price changes. You have to go into the stats tab and even then, apparently those on the bench have no price change!

- The stupid save button!!! Watch out for this one – if you don’t hit save, then changes to benches, captains etc.. revert back (why oh why?!?!?)

- The prices of rookies have killed a lot of the fun out of DT – making $$ and culling cows is where the majority of the game was fun…

I really wish I’d just done RDT this year instead of this tripe. Virtual sports know what they’re doing, this mob has nothing but excuses and/or denials (twitter)

Subscribed to Assistant Coach this year. Most times I try to access something from it, predictor, consistency etc. I get a message saying this feature will be available soon. Surely it should be available now? It doesn't even give proper break evens, I can't believe that Scott Pendlebury's price is not going to drop if he scores 89 only. Last year when you accessed it all the information you needed was at your fingertips on one page which was great because the answer to whether you selected a particular player was not just based on one set of stats but a combination of several. Now it seems you will have to go from page to page continually writing down results to compare players.

AFL Fantasy is woeful but AFL Fantasy Elite is even worse. Yesterday McKernan acted as my 'auto emergency' for Mitchell who was a late out. A ruckman came in for a defender....when I had Jaensch sitting on the bench as my only benched defender...ridiculous!
That's always been the case for Draft Leagues. The worst scoring player (not including donuts) on your bench gets the score of anyone who is out. Happens in SuperCoach and it happens in RDT Draft.

after finishing within the top 100 last year i was so excited for this years fantasy. even put my team in early. changing it numerous times.
Then RD 1 Happened... or should i say not happen... was a bit busy rd one but new my team was fine for a good score so i didnt check it.
looked at it after the rd had finished and i had no score. my team was there but no score... i was thinking WTF. everyone on BF is posting their scores.... i got no score and im ranking sooo friggen low.. WTS!!!!!
so pissed offf..
turns out i actually over spent by a couple of thousand with fantasy giving me no warning and just letting my team go through..
its fked now.. no way can i catch up from here. thanks fantasy...

so glad i got therealdreamteam to go bak to.. with a good score rd 1 and 2 in that..

fk fantasy for the rest of the year

Is it just me?

Can't seem to fund anything that tells me what my two trades were....annoying.

Don't want to reverse trade just to have to work it out.....

Also,

I liked the notepad function - used to keep track of possible trades, players, upcoming match ups etc. Is it too hard to ask for something like this to be implemented?

People could seriously trade in players who had already played in rd1? So I'm playing against potential cheats that I wouldn't know about? What a load of shite! That alone has pretty much ruined it for me.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

looked at it after the rd had finished and i had no score. my team was there but no score... i was thinking WTF. everyone on BF is posting their scores.... i got no score and im ranking sooo friggen low.. WTS!!!!!
so pissed offf..
turns out i actually over spent by a couple of thousand with fantasy giving me no warning and just letting my team go through..

honestly, they opened the game open early for dream team geeks to play with a team. I did the same thing to start with (So did everyone, there was a ridiculous amount of posts about it) but the money icon was on negative if you werte over the limit (yes no warning but it was for people to play with).

If you finished top 100, I think you would have noticed this and maybe, just maybe you where seeing what would happen. I play, I am not die hard but even I noticed in preseason when my team was over the salary cap and changed to get it under.

plus it was in the rules.

There is so much wrong with AFL fantasy this year, but this in my opinion is not one.

I liked the notepad function - used to keep track of possible trades, players, upcoming match ups etc. Is it too hard to ask for something like this to be implemented?

The notepad was the bomb! I used to have a wishlist of players that I wanted, a BE's list as well as scheduled future trades so I wouldn't force myself into knee jerk trading situations. I also really got into the whole cash cow thing. I had a great system but its impossible to use for Fantasy. I currently use an Excel sheet on my personal laptop, which I keep forgetting to update on my work PC and vice versa

one of the biggest gripes i have with Fantasy is the Bye Detector. Were 2 days out from round 3 and "this feature is coming soon".

Yeah that will be handy now that our teams are locked in. The feature should have been available at least a month out from round 1.

Annoying how you can't do two trades at once.. Eg. I wanted to trade out two mid range players for a premium and a rookie but it won't allow it

So many f*ckups

honestly, they opened the game open early for dream team geeks to play with a team. I did the same thing to start with (So did everyone, there was a ridiculous amount of posts about it) but the money icon was on negative if you werte over the limit (yes no warning but it was for people to play with).

If you finished top 100, I think you would have noticed this and maybe, just maybe you where seeing what would happen. I play, I am not die hard but even I noticed in preseason when my team was over the salary cap and changed to get it under.

plus it was in the rules.

There is so much wrong with AFL fantasy this year, but this in my opinion is not one.
Your right...,. i should take responsibility for not properly checking that my team was under the cap.. still no less annoying though. :(

Just a minor thing, but it says my round ranking = my overall ranking for round 2, i.e. both my round and overall ranking say 18955 (poor start to the season i know :/) Either this is a freak coincidence, or, more likely, another fantasy screw up.

Has this happened to anyone else? My round 2 score was 2135, anyone else with a similar score get a ranking around 18955?

The number of people not clicking the "save" button is pretty funny... I constantly re-check my team and would notice that my changes were not saving every time I log back in.

So many problems with Fantasy this year... And I'm missing the eliminator and head to head. I really really hope they take the feedback from this year and implement some positive changes for next season.

That said, I'm still having a lot of fun. And it looks better than the RDT screen. I think people are forgetting that there is a 70k prize this year... If it's so easy, then exploit it for a shot at the money.

Sucked in all of you! I for one did not bow to AFL.com's constant bastardisation of our beloved game. Stuck with RDT and am loving it.

I'm also still having a heap of fun with AFL's game. Agree about missing head to head and eliminator (hopefully they'll add h2h) With Assistant Coach being s**t I've setup a search bar in my browser that links to different stats websites. DreamStats is one I've discovered that's pretty useful. Fixture snapshot is so handy.

The new price formula is pretty interesting. I reckon I might like it better than the old one...price changes hit more quickly which means you get a bit of a reward for picking a decent player before everyone jumps on (I think?)

Stolen from DT Talk:
Matthew Boyd:

Original price – $563,300 (priced at an average of 103.9)
Scores of 118 & 87 (total – 205)
New price – $556,657 – Reduction of $6,643 (1.18% drop)

Brent Stanton:

Original price – $560,300 (priced at an average of 103.4)
Scores of 87 & 121 (total – 208)
New price – $546,797 – Reduction of $13,503 (2.41% drop)

Apparently the price changes would take into account the most recent game but this shows the complete opposite. Dafuq?

Apparently the price changes would take into account the most recent game but this shows the complete opposite. Dafuq?

It must be taking something else into account.

I reckon they're using scores from last year? Noticed in stats it's got a 'last 5 rounds average' They're definitely using scores from last year for this calculation.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back