It's a competition!

Remove this Banner Ad

Jun 18, 2016
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
Hi all

So I was trawling through Twitter the other day and came across a competition idea that I have shamelessly stolen thought might be of interest to the fine folk of this board.

Very simply, you choose one player each week. If that player achieves a certain score, you survive. If not, you are knocked out.

However, you must choose a different player each week, you cannot use the same player twice and the bar raises each week.

There are no prizes. You are simply playing for bragging rights.

The first hurdle to clear will be 75 points and will increase by five points each week.

Given the season kicks off Thursday I'm thinking we'll kick this one off in round 1.

If you wish to play, indicate your interest below. First player nominations will be due prior to bouncedown of the Carlton v Richmond game next Thursday 7:30pm AEDST.

Last edited:
Round12345678910
Min. score7580859095100105110115120
tigs2010Connor Rozee (111)Stephen Coniglio (96)Isaac Heeney (127)Jack Steele (131)
ZevonOllie Wines (72)---------
DenieDAdam Cerra (75)Nasiah Wanganeen-Milera (122)Hugh McCluggage (104)Christian Petracca (112)
Frederico_WAToby Greene (87)Tom Green (120)N/A-------
FyfetheknifeNic Martin (89)Tom Green (120)Caleb Serong (118)Errol Gulden (127)
Cm PerfectNick Vlastuin (108)Jordan Dawson (131)Errol Gulden (83)-------
IlleagleZac Fisher (68)---------
Stoo79Colby McKercher (94)Nick Daicos (61)--------
MezzoculoLuke Jackson (96)Brodie Grundy (90)Darcy Parish (104)Tom Powell (89)------
Pure GruntMax Gawn (137)Connor Rozee (116)Tom Liberatore (73)-------
BarrybranElliot Yeo (70)---------
Phar AceDaniel Rioli (49)---------
dplggr47George Hewett (69)---------
Wels EickeChristian Petracca (121)Andrew Brayshaw (91)Adam Treloar (114)Jack Steele (131)
corkintheoceanJayden Short (70)---------
SweetTexan91Will Powell (86)Christian Salem (105)Luke Davies-Uniacke (77)-------
powerrrrrrrrrrrrChad Warner (112)Stephen Coniglio (96)Andrew Brayshaw (84)-------
academicbowlJordan Clark (99)Ollie Wines (88)Josh Dunkley (101)Max Gawn (109)------

Last edited:
In!

Round 1 - Connor Rozee

car sliding GIF

Nick Vlastuin. Will make Carl v Rich at least somewhat interesting.

Hi all

So I was trawling through Twitter the other day and came across a competition idea that I have shamelessly stolen thought might be of interest to the fine folk of this board.

Very simply, you choose one player each week. If that player achieves a certain score, you survive. If not, you are knocked out.

However, you must choose a different player each week, you cannot use the same player twice and the bar raises each week.

There are no prizes. You are simply playing for bragging rights.

The first hurdle to clear will be 75 points.

Given the season kicks off Thursday I'm thinking we'll kick this one off in round 1.

If you wish to play, indicate your interest below. First player nominations will be due prior to bouncedown of the Carlton v Richmond game next Thursday 7:30pm AEDST.

Hi mate.

I used to run a version of this for my friends as part of my tipping pools (did the same thing with pick a team to win each week only pick once, and also for picking a player to kick two snags each week).

For DT purposes, the score to hit was 100 points. The usual survival rate was approx ~65% and competitions with ~40 players were generally won somewhere between 6-12 weeks into the competition.

Teams was more volatile (we once went 85 down to 1 person within 3 weeks, but that was an insane part of the middle of the season a few years ago, Hawks vs Melb draw on Saturday night knocked out 15 of the last 17 or something).

These were the results of the last pool I ran running from week 8 to week 18 (there were more people off the screencap that busted round 1 or 2). Every entry runs horizontally and if the person stopped tipping you can tell that player didnt make 100 that week.

1709709082385.png

Zac fisher

Sean Darc.... errr, I mean Luke Jackson!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'll happily add to the big numbers so far. Needs a wider platform Bazz, but appreciated.

You know what could make it really challenging (especially for the convener;) Barrybran )?

Make the bar the challenge to aim at rather than just above it. If the bar is 75 and your player finishes with that - allocate champion points of some sort (it is after all a pretty good pick). Every point you miss by (up or down) you get a lesser allocated amount until 0.

So, Wines scores a 75 say, Zevon gets 20pts, but if he gets 95pts, Zero, zip, nada. 10pts if he gets 85pts.

Take the bar (target) up each week.

I suggest this only because there are so few, a knockout won't last long. Similar theme though, but we all play. Winner takes all (maybe a free pass to ride a train with Zevon, maybe🤪)

Just a suggestion

Last edited:
I’ll have a crack
Max Gawn

Round 1 - Elliot Yeo

Just a reminder that if anyone would like to play, the bar this week is 75 points. Name a player you think will score at least that amount and you move on. Once you use a player, you will not be able to use them again.

Name your player before bouncedown between Carlton v Richmond to play (7:30pm AEDST).

Daniel Rioli

Just a reminder that if anyone would like to play, the bar this week is 75 points. Name a player you think will score at least that amount and you move on. Once you use a player, you will not be able to use them again.

Name your player before bouncedown between Carlton v Richmond to play (7:30pm AEDST).
Hey Barry, at what rate is the 'bar' planning to move up each week? As this will heavily dictate selections.

George Hewett

Remove this Banner Ad

Back