Preview North Melbourne vs. Port Adelaide - 4.10 EST Sunday 6th April @ Etihad Stadium

Get on over 39.5 North arent ready yet. I am working 100m from Arden street and if i get a chance i will pop over and try and get some unhappy snaps monday morning. Said last week we would win by plenty and this game will be the same. Second half of the season, different story.

Plz note, this thread will be edited and adjusted for grammar and spelling mistakes at a later date
by Powerstuff.

Not sure how confident I am going into this game. Port have looked very good in the opening rounds so far.

I tipped Port. Happy to be proven wrong though. ;)

I just feel like we should win this game. IMO, better, faster, stronger, fitter. The main obstacle will be brain fades and just letting them get an early run. It'll be tight but if we're serious we need to win these games.

God I hate Sunday twilight games seems like you wait forever!

Was just about to post similar, i.e. "Do games feel like they're taking longer to come around these days to anyone else"?

Maybe it's a hangover from dreading each upcoming game a few years ago. The anticipation is tenfold now.

For what it's worth I think Port may get up tomorrow and win but my gosh some supporters here saying North have a one in a million chance of winning are setting themselves up for some serious egg on face tomorrow.
The way some Port supporters talk about their apparent certain thrashing tomorrow you'd think we were the team that has only won 8 of 28 past head to head games...
All I'm try to say is you'd be a fool if you think tomorrows game is going to be a certain belting, a walk in the park, a gimme...and I'd imagine they'd be alot of embarrased supporters if you guys don't happen to get up tomorrow.

I think you'd be the embarrassed one if it is a belting after these comments!
Why would I be embarrased? It may well be a belting. I also said I'm tipping Port to win...But I'm not the one saying theres a "one in a million chance North will win tomorrow"...you guys are.
It's football anything can happen. It just makes me laugh at how cocky most of the supporter base have become after 2 wins. You guys are playing well and may thrash us tomorrow but its far from a god given certainty that you guys are bloating about.

Would like to see Ollie welcome Ben Jacobs .. oh well
Just got home from a week in Adelaide saw the boys at Adelaide Oval .. found my seat then off to Alberton to see Maggies & North .. watched us whip the Cows and *())*^$% Norwood win over the Maggies b it
Don't think North Melbourne will beat us Sunday after watching their last game .. 2 goals to half time:)

Beside maybe one or two comments, I think most Port posters see this as a danger game for us. We're playing against a bogey side in a bogey stadium for us so all I seen from Port comments is displaying some cautious confidence. Not sure where you're getting this idea from

Why would I be embarrased? It may well be a belting. I also said I'm tipping Port to win...But I'm not the one saying theres a "one in a million chance North will win tomorrow"...you guys are.
It's football anything can happen. It just makes me laugh at how cocky most of the supporter base have become after 2 wins. You guys are playing well and may thrash us tomorrow but its far from a god given certainty that you guys are bloating about.

While I agree with you that you take nothing for granted in footy, you should remember you are on an opposition team board and you will get an abundance of confident (maybe over-confident) predictions.

On the Carlton Board before round 1 to some supporters we were apparently 4 points in the bag and they were focusing on the Richmond game. You get it everywhere. If you're going to to complain every week about posters commenting on their own board, you're going to get an ulcer.

I wouldn't call it arrogance. More a confidence we will be the majority of teams who won't make the eight this year.

Just because David King says North are going to make top four doesn't mean you're any good. I rate King as an analyst but when it come to North he really can't separate reality from his hopes.

Problem is most other commentators seems to take him seriously and go along with it.

Back