2nds North Adelaide vs Port Adelaide - Trial Match 1 @ Thebarton

Remove this Banner Ad

How's the umpiring been? The usual or are they saving themselves for the real stuff?

Umpires were fine, wasn’t a game for points so no need to screw us yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Also confirmation that Burgoyne has taken the week off as an emergency.
This makes little sense to me. He needs game time as much as anyone on our list. Yes, it's not ideal that the SANFL game was played before the AFL fixture, but we shouldn't be wasting opportunities to get him playing matches on the wing at whatever level he can.

A team of mostly professional athletes, who’ve spent all summer training in warm conditions, “run out of gas” and get overrun by a bunch of uni students, teachers and tradies who are weekend warriors. Embarrassing.
They literally don’t care, same s**t different year.

They literally don’t care, same s**t different year.

I agree. But they should care. AFL-listed players should be diving on grenades to get in the top team, and that should result in Magpies wins and plenty of them. Already rolling my eyes at club comms on this result. “Brave Magpies overrun by fast-finishing North”. Loser club.

Loose ball, Sinn flicks to Moore and he goals from 45m

Up 74 to 27 2mins into the 3rd

Boys look to have run out of gas at half time in this heat.

North have come back a bit.

Still up 74 to 60 at 3 qtr time.
Jeepers. Ignored the thread after the top one, then came back to see that 5.3 to zip turnaround.

Scoreline was trending as expected early. Must've been some Power players rested in last half, surely.

Few notes

Scully was outstanding in the half he played, kicking 3 goals.
Sweet was good for the half he played. Made a really great run on the wing for a goal assist.
Szust reliable in front of goal kicked a couple I think.
McKenzie rock solid down back apart from 1 or 2 contests.
Moore clearly the best mid, and I think he was in the middle with Short and Turner for much of the game, Narkle was in there late, don't think Sinn played in the middle at all. Was largely an all SANFL midfield.
Clurey on the wing just seems like a waste of time. Maybe push Sinn further up.
I can see why they brought Walsh in, looks a good size for his age, can take a mark, and has got a good leg on him.
Anastasopoulos looks like a regen of Fantasia on the fwd flank.
Logan Evans looks a good find at half back.
Georgiades had some chances at goal, kicked 1 or 2 I think, also took a big mark on the wing, hopefully he's moving better next week though.

Took a few off at half time, Hinkley handbrake on and a bunch of players looked cooked in the 2nd half, and we bottled the game due to poor fitness and a couple of late errors in the backline.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back