2nds Port Adelaide vs North Adelaide - Round 13 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

From memory Hugh Jackson was a ball magnet in the under 18s so happy to see he's now carrying on that form after hip surgery.
Hugh Jackson was the premier ball winner in the SANFL U18s competition this year, averaging 34 disposals across his first 11 games, before a quieter end to the year saw his season average drop a fraction below 30 per game. He collected a season-best 41 disposals in Round 6 against eventual premier Woodville-West Torrens, only to match it just three weeks later with another 41 possessions and 12 clearances, in a best on ground display. His early season form was rewarded with selection in South Australia's Under 19s squad where he has featured in representative games against Western Australia and the Allies. A late season debut for North Adelaide in the SANFL Reserves and an invite to the National Draft Combine capped off a successful year for Jackson, whose body of work has propelled him into draft calculations.

On form Jackson should have really been playing ahead of JHF the last few weeks. I get Jason is and will be a special player but you can't just let Jackson go unrewarded for his efforts, and JHF has been our most underperforming midfielder
Yeah but if there is a player that may win us a premiership off their boot in the next 5 years it will be JHF. Put as many games as you can into him, as long as he is not injured

But you’re right. If JHF name was Mead he probably wouldn’t be in the team

On form Jackson should have really been playing ahead of JHF the last few weeks. I get Jason is and will be a special player but you can't just let Jackson go unrewarded for his efforts, and JHF has been our most underperforming midfielder
To be fair, like Sinn next year, this is his first real good run of games with a solid fitness base.

Not looking to rush him, a lot of upside! Does his game translate at the next level without 8-15kgs of muscle?

I agree with whoever said it earlier, going to be a GREAT Boak replacement, maybe get 10 games into him next year as Trav transitions.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Port magpies
Sweltering Heat Wave GIF by Jon Hanlan

Remove this Banner Ad

Back