2nds Port Adelaide vs Glenelg - Round 16 @ Alberton

Remove this Banner Ad

Didn't see the game, but scoreline is bloody good considering our injury status. Hopefully they played as well as it looks.

I'm presuming with 28 and 8 clearances that Mead played mid again..... Let's wait and watch the coaches pick him and pop him on the outside or in a forward pocket again because that always goes so well

The commentators were willing Glenelg to go on and hammer us but we stuck at it to the end. Good job considered how undermanned we were.

How was Jackson? Any obvious reason Mead gets afl time over him?
Apparently they think he's not quite ready for afl yet but will be at Portz next year.

How was Jackson? Any obvious reason Mead gets afl time over him?
Apparently they think he's not quite ready for afl yet but will be at Portz next year.
Jackson 25D with 6 clearances and 7 tackles, so up there in the bests again.

Interested to see Scully with 15 hit out a as well. Kid will be learning so much this year. Needs to get his fitness up, but has the tools.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hugh Jackson is a better small forward option than Mead if that's the starting point. Pacier, quicker to get ball to boot in tight play and handy around goals.

Wolverine is a genuine midfielder though.

RD-16-V-Glenelg-HOME-82.jpg

Hugh Jackson is a better small forward option than Mead if that's the starting point. Pacier, quicker to get ball to boot in tight play and handy around goals.

Wolverine is a genuine midfielder though.
How bullish are you on Jackson, Ford?

I really like him. He looks like a natural footballer. Although slightly built, he’s tough, good in the contest and tackle but skilled on the outside. I don’t think he’s an elite kick, but he has good penetration and covers long distance including on the set shot.

For mine, the addition of Jackson AND Bergman to our AFL midfield rotations in 2024 will be an upgrade on 2023 which has been far too reliant on the three young guns.

How bullish are you on Jackson, Ford?

I really like him. He looks like a natural footballer. Although slightly built, he’s tough, good in the contest and tackle but skilled on the outside. I don’t think he’s an elite kick, but he has good penetration and covers long distance including on the set shot.

For mine, the addition of Jackson AND Bergman to our AFL midfield rotations in 2024 will be an upgrade on 2023 which has been far too reliant on the three young guns.

I'm a fan. Last year he didn't seem to have any pace and couldn't find the ball much, playing mainly outside. The pre-season hip surgery clearly wrecked his year.

This year he has played in the middle, shown great pace and has good core strength and step to shake tacklers. He has an uncanny knack for getting into a pack and getting the ball out, either taking off with it or flicking out a handball to a teammate - sometimes so quickly he catches teammates by surprise.

His size doesn't worry me, he's built up since last year and his pace, step and core strength go a long way. He has a bit of attitude too, he can be a pest.

He has terrific breakaway speed and is a quick disposer of the ball. He's the closest player I've seen to Josh Francou with that set of attributes.

I would have played him this year.

I'm a fan. Last year he didn't seem to have any pace and couldn't find the ball much, playing mainly outside. The pre-season hip surgery clearly wrecked his year.

This year he has played in the middle, shown great pace and has good core strength and step to shake tacklers. He has an uncanny knack for getting into a pack and getting the ball out, either taking off with it or flicking out a handball to a teammate - sometimes so quickly he catches teammates by surprise.

His size doesn't worry me, he's built up since last year and his pace, step and core strength go a long way. He has a bit of attitude too, he can be a pest.

He has terrific breakaway speed and is a quick disposer of the ball. He's the closest player I've seen to Josh Francou with that set of attributes.

Agree. Looking forward to seeing him alongside Butters, Rozee and JHF and roving to Dante.

I keep thinking he is too small, but he is slightly taller than Butters, just a few kilos lighter. Another pre-season in him and he will be primed to go!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back