New Senate Poll Ordered For WA

Remove this Banner Ad

Years ago, I walked into the local polling place with a collection of dice in my hand, and whenever anyone offered me a how to vote card, I showed them the dice and said "I brought my own". I didn't use them for anything important (preference order for parties that had no hope), but the look I got was fun :)

That's because you looked like a complete dickhead. I can imagine the idiot's grin plastered across your face. Bet you made a long-winded point of explaining the dice to a fair few people too.

Yet, he is opposed to it being scrapped.

You btw, don't think it is a good thing.

Also no comment re his position on the mining tax?

We'll find out soon enough...look, Clive has so many positions that you'd run out of holes to fill with him, he is too unpredictable so who knows how he'll vote regarding the CT.

Sadly, disdain for democracy seems to be a common trait amongst many pretend conservatives.

Freedom, liberty, democracy*

*so long as it is completely in keeping with my views or party allegiance

It's not really linked to any side of politics. There is probably an equivalent sized group on either side who feel that way about their opposite counterparts.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's not really linked to any side of politics. There is probably an equivalent sized group on either side who feel that way about their opposite counterparts.
I said fake conservatives, xsess position is not consistent with traditional conservative ideology.

And I agree, it is a hallmark of partisan behavior or thinking, the sacrificing of values in favor of a home team.

Still less than 1000 votes between Reynolds and Pratt in the final count. Going to be ridiculously tight.

Most calculators only use the above the line preference flows. When it's this close, it'll depend on those who voted below the line, so it'll be weeks before we know.

indeed..
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/

• In a Senate election, a candidate is elected if they receive a 'quota' of votes. All Senate first preference votes must be counted in order to determine the quota. The quota cannot be determined until after all normal ballot paper rechecks are completed and the final day for receipt of postal votes has passed, Tuesday 22 April.
  • Once the quota has been determined, the distribution of preferences can occur and the successful candidates decided. The result of a Senate election is usually known about four weeks after election day.

So don't hold your breath.

S why dont the coalition negosiate (bishop shares gillards mispronunciation) with the party closest to them in truth

Thats the alp - record amount of legislation in the last parliament often supported by the coalition

S why dont the coalition negosiate (bishop shares gillards mispronunciation) with the party closest to them in truth

Thats the alp - record amount of legislation in the last parliament often supported by the coalition

Because the last thing either party would want to do would be acknowledge how similar they've become.

Most calculators only use the above the line preference flows. When it's this close, it'll depend on those who voted below the line, so it'll be weeks before we know.

indeed..
http://vtr.aec.gov.au/

So don't hold your breath.

Oh for sure!

And I suspect a lot of the below the line votes will have people preferencing Pratt over Bullock. i.e. people deliberately voting BTL so they could preference Pratt, meaning the BTL votes are likely to favour the ALP. Plus more Greens supporters vote BTL generally, and they would generally preference ALP>Lib.

And then compensated, for those that need it (and then some more).

you mean when business closes or don't open in Oz, we give people the dole rather than jobs?

Last edited:
Oh for sure!

And I suspect a lot of the below the line votes will have people preferencing Pratt over Bullock. i.e. people deliberately voting BTL so they could preference Pratt, meaning the BTL votes are likely to favour the ALP. Plus more Greens supporters vote BTL generally, and they would generally preference ALP>Lib.

That doesn't really change anything then. Bullock is already elected, so preferencing him lower than Pratt means zero. Greens preferences already flow to the ALP, so that means nothing either.

The big parties refused to address the elephant in the room - the GST- and paid the price with large swings against. The PUP made the GST an issue and were rewarded handsomely. The Greens rise was on the back of those who dislike Labor but hate conservatives more.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back