Premier A 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Juice hasn't even started running yet after his ankle/foot surgery from what i hear. Lucky to be in before at least Round 10, but with around 299 senior games under his belt, he'll pull on the boots no matter what this year. Mangoni also injured from reports, and not likely to start the season. I rate his game very highly.

George Rowlands also gone, and it doesn't help that Pat Nicholls decided he was coming back to SBMT this year, and not long efter the clearance goes through he's off chasing the bucks at Cheltenham, and put a clearance through to transfer to the SFL.

From all reports they have been unbelievably undersized in their praccy games, so much so that Robertson is their number 1 ruckman. Whilst he is one of the great tall defenders in the comp, he is no ruckman and leaves them a bit more exposed down back, expecially with Shakaib out as well. They may be a big slider this year.

Having said all that, they always have good local talent coming through, so dont think they will be relegated, but they'll be back in the pack for sure.

Not sure that Rowlands played at all last year. Robertson was a ruckmen/forward all through juniors, TAC Cup, U19s and early senior years. Only became a defender a year so back (was a masterstroke as he looks a natural defender) While he might not be their first option he is a very capable ruckmen. Mangoni a big loss and wonder if he will go back to Mazenod now they are up a grade.

Aside from St Bernards I cant really see that any of the chasing pack are substantially better than last year.

Interesting move by Raph...close sources down Catland way tell me that an article in the Geelong paper a week or so ago featured the St.Albans Coach from the main league down there talking about the year ahead and how Raph Clarke who has played there that last 1 or 2 seasons was either taking some time off due to fatigue or will be again playing with them in 2014. He would have been on Big $$ last year and again if playing in that league is the mail my sources had avised.;)

Not that interesting. It was simply too much with his work commitments to be driving down from Melbourne every week.

My source : I'm related to him.

Is there any late news on clubs' playing stocks?
Have heard that former Port Melbourne star Billy Burstin will be lining up for the Lions this year. Apparently a cousin of new assistant coach Darren Baxter. Collegians could be dangerous once again.

Have heard that former Port Melbourne star Billy Burstin will be lining up for the Lions this year. Apparently a cousin of new assistant coach Darren Baxter. Collegians could be dangerous once again.

IT Man, 100% correct about Billy Burstin. Dont know about Coll. being dangerous though

I believe that Darren Baxter is the co-coach with Hibbo, like the Arnott-Hibbo pairing over the previous five years down there at the Trott.

Speaking of the Trott, went past there the other day and noticed that they have brand new lights that look to be about the biggest set of lights down at Albert Park. Apparently there is going to be a night match or two this year for the unders on a Friday night.

I hear Xavs were within a kick of Beaumaris on Saturday with about 5 recognisable players.

I heard OX played 80% almost their entire Ressies team. Not sure if this is fact or fiction.

Scotch over De La by 2 pts at Camberwell. They face off again this week in Rd 1 at De La so would I’m guessing not all cards would have been shown. Can’t speak for Scotch but De La looked to have a pretty reasonable team on the park.

I believe that Darren Baxter is the co-coach with Hibbo, like the Arnott-Hibbo pairing over the previous five years down there at the Trott.

Speaking of the Trott, went past there the other day and noticed that they have brand new lights that look to be about the biggest set of lights down at Albert Park. Apparently there is going to be a night match or two this year for the unders on a Friday night.

Plus some bigger leagues looking to have some night games......a very promising developm

University Blacks Northern Tasmanian Football League Hogan, Simon Pending 2014-04-08

Must have been offered a bit of coin elsewhere then i presume?

University Blacks Northern Tasmanian Football League Hogan, Simon Pending 2014-04-08

Must have been offered a bit of coin elsewhere then i presume?

What a pity Uni Blues / Blacks will be playing in a quagmire from the first bounce of season 2014 until the bitter end. You really cant see it standing up to this continual rain, not to mention the "traffic" it will be asked to carry throughout the season.
RIP Uni Oval.

For what its worth does he have to hand back his Big V jumper? Pity the 1st emergency for the game didnt get a run as I presume he will still be playing in the VAFA this season.

Excuse my ignorance, was Hogan anygood? If so, a big loss?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excuse my ignorance, was Hogan anygood? If so, a big loss?

ex-AFL player that was meant to be one of the big recruits to the league this season. Unfortunately we never got the chance to see if he would be any good. Transfers in and then out before the season begins.

Hogan will still play ammo's he has just got a release for 1 game in Tassie for mental health

Have to respect Hogan's courage to speak out about his mental health issues while an AFL player. Hopefully he is away for just a game and can help spread awareness of mental health in the amateurs.

I believe former Port Adeliade rookie and Claremont player Jess Laurie is playing for the Blacks this year. Big signing if true.

Big season ahead in the amateurs.

What a pity Uni Blues / Blacks will be playing in a quagmire from the first bounce of season 2014 until the bitter end. You really cant see it standing up to this continual rain, not to mention the "traffic" it will be asked to carry throughout the season.
RIP Uni Oval.

Three (3) V-Line Cup Under 15 Championship Games played at Uni Oval on Tuesday in the rain, another four (4) Wednesday and also Melbourne Uni versus Monash Uni womens match yesterday

Three (3) V-Line Cup Under 15 Championship Games played at Uni Oval on Tuesday in the rain, another four (4) Wednesday and also Melbourne Uni versus Monash Uni womens match yesterday

Can you just imagine how it looks???...........Anyone actualy seen how it looks after all that traffic?

Can you just imagine how it looks???...........Anyone actualy seen how it looks after all that traffic?
The blues and blacks were not allowed near the Uni main this week. Decisions to let u/15's and ladies teams play on it this week are absurd.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back