2nds Port Melbourne vs. Collingwood Saturday, April 12 North Port Oval at 2:00pm

Remove this Banner Ad

I went down there today, not going to review every player because it isn't worth it.

We lost it in the first quarter, 8-9 goals to one, game over.

Only a few could hold their heads up high today;

Hudson; Our best by an absolute mile, covered head to toe in mud before half time, loved his game.
Ramsay; Started really well and played well for most of the game, used the ball well, took some strong marks and laid some nice tackles
Kennedy; Really struggled in the first half, really did. Was better in the second half but he was shaking his head all day when he came off, a shocker for him.
Gault; Best forward on the day, took some strong marks but like the rest of the team couldn't kick straight.
Yagmoor; Liked his effort, used the ball fairly well, better than Armstrong by a country mile.

Happy to take take requests on others, not much to say though, move on to next week when we get a few senior players back hopefully. Port have smashed us and Coburg now, and we play Coburg next week.

I went down there today, not going to review every player because it isn't worth it.

Hudson; Our best by an absolute mile, covered head to toe in mud before half time, loved his game.
Ramsay; Started really well and played well for most of the game, used the ball well, took some strong marks and laid some nice tackles
Kennedy; Really struggled in the first half, really did. Was better in the second half but he was shaking his head all day when he came off, a shocker for him.
Gault; Best forward on the day, took some strong marks but like the rest of the team couldn't kick straight.
Yagmoor; Liked his effort, used the ball fairly well, better than Armstrong by a country mile.

Happy to take take requests on others, not much to say though, move on to next week when we get a few senior players back hopefully. Port have smashed us and Coburg now, and we play Coburg next week.

Are port that much better than us or did we just have a crap game?

Also how did Mooney go

Are port that much better than us or did we just have a crap game?

Also how did Mooney go
Port are a flag chance, the best of the stand alone teams, won't lose a game at home all year I reckon.

Mooney was poor, no apologies here, Marsh looked better than him when he went up the ground, in fact Marsh looks like a bigger, better version of Moons.

Our reserves or VFL whatever it is are going or should give teams absolute hidings in a few weeks.

I'm thinking it might look like

Ramsay (VFL guy) Langdon
Seedsman Keeffe Oxley
Sinclair Adams Freeman
Broomhead Lynch Ferguson
Mooney (VFL guy) Karnezis
Hudson Williams Kennedy
Marsh Clarke Mooney Yagmoor

you look at port melbournes team and it is chock full of mature vfl grade talent, they will murder a lot of teams this year, especially ones with lots of young afl listed nqr types

just re gault he's pretty versatile, hopefully he is fit or getting fit, should just be watching tapes of westhoff flat out, thats the type he needs to aspire to, need to remember westhoff wasnt much chop for a while there

Martin

Martin?
Also sick of our tucks trying to grab the ball out of the air at every contest.

Martin

Martin?
Also sick of our tucks trying to grab the ball out of the air at every contest.

Martin started very slowly, but played well after quarter time I thought, would have gone close to being in our best players, but that wasn't hard to do today. Not his best day, but not his worst either, I sat near the bench and he was encouraging his team mates all day when he was on the bench.

Martin started very slowly, but played well after quarter time I thought, would have gone close to being in our best players, but that wasn't hard to do today. Not his best day, but not his worst either, I sat near the bench and he was encouraging his team mates all day when he was on the bench.
What was the final score Matty ?

What was the final score Matty ?
19.10.124 to 9.17.71.

At one point there they couldn't miss while kicking for goal while we just kept kicking points, seemed rather familiar.:drunk:;)

Our reserves or VFL whatever it is are going or should give teams absolute hidings in a few weeks.

Ramsay (VFL guy) Langdon
Seedsman Keeffe Oxley
Sinclair Adams Freeman
Broomhead Lynch Ferguson
Hudson Williams Kennedy

The VFL teams always look awesome on paper when we have no injuries, unfortunately 6-8 injuries seem common in modern AFL at any time

(Log in to remove this ad.)

you look at port melbournes team and it is chock full of mature vfl grade talent, they will murder a lot of teams this year, especially ones with lots of young afl listed nqr types

just re gault he's pretty versatile, hopefully he is fit or getting fit, should just be watching tapes of westhoff flat out, thats the type he needs to aspire to, need to remember westhoff wasnt much chop for a while there

Versatile at what?

Westhoff was talented but inconsistent skinny fwd, Gualt has never shown glimpses of what Westhoff showed even in his 1st year.

Ramsay (VFL guy) Langdon
Seedsman Keeffe Oxley
Sinclair Adams Freeman
Broomhead Lynch Ferguson
Hudson Williams Kennedy

Can't squeeze Martin or Gault into the side?

Is gault improving? ?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk

His first game. Played in the practice match against AIS but been recovering from a groin injury.

Is gault improving? ?

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Tapatalk
Gault in the best today I can't believe. Only two blokes played 4 qtr's Hellier and I think Allan if he is 59. My man Martin quiet 1st qtr but 2nd,3rd really good although we got pumped. Again our mids in the twos look frustrated as te Ruckman continue to try and grab it out the ruck. I have no idea why they keep doing it as their kicks are 90% in effective and turnovers. Coaches should seriously pull them up on it.

I heard Armstrong did very well again today..
Can't be far off a senior list call up.

Played in defence in a team that conceded over 120 points... the Collingwood site has it listed
Best - Collingwood: J.Williams, Gault, Couch, Hudson, Riddle, Ramsay

Where did you hear Armstrong played well AGAIN?

I heard Armstrong did very well again today..
Can't be far off a senior list call up.
Played in defence in a team that conceded over 120 points... the Collingwood site has it listed

Going on past history it wouldn't be him being ironic.
He was terrible, the defence was a shambles.

I heard he was the best contributor in the back line. 30 possessions.
No his fault the midfield were so weak.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back