Dank's D-day looms....April 10th

Remove this Banner Ad

See here's the attitude that drives me nuts. A lot of your supporters obviously believe now that your club did the wrong thing, you tried to get an unfair advantage through illegal, or at least really dodgy substances. But hey, we copped a bit of flack, but it's all over now. We can get back to playing footy! The arrogance, and nonchalance of that drives me crazy. Do you not care that your players health may now be at risk? About the fact that seemingly none of them know exactly what has been pumped into their bodies? Your still arguing what's legal, but don't seem to give a s**t about possible consequences of the smorgasbord they seem to have been fed. Do you not care that the powers that be, some still at the club, took that risk with your players? Aside from the very real health risks, do you not care that every time those players involved kick the footy around, every other person watching is thinking the same thing: how much advantage did they get? Is there any risidual advantage? Will they ever be truly clean? Ie is this team still full of cheats? Until something comes of this, until the water is no longer murky, : ie guilty or NOT guilty, but not just a little bit naughty, that's how your team is perceived. I would find that very difficult to cope with, and i certainly would not be jumping up and down laughing, thumbing my finger at the opposition as if to say"hahaha we got away with it". I don't get it, I really don't.
If there had been a mass exodus of players, and they had expressed disgust at their treatment, I would have mega concerns for their future welfare. The faux outrage of the AFLPA came to nought ( at least to date ), so I'm trusting the judgement of the most affected ( the playing group ).

They hold their heads high, not as exposed drug cheats, but as professional athletes, committed to providing their maximum effort for the club, within the parameter of the rules of the competition. They appear to be very united in this, and the rumblings we hear suggest they are happy to accept Hird back with open arms. That doesn't resonate with the perception they have been harmed, nor set up to be code violators.

I suggest patience, as the process is continuing, and is out of EFC's control. I will reserve my judgement until this has been played out in it's entirety.

If there had been a mass exodus of players, and they had expressed disgust at their treatment, I would have mega concerns for their future welfare. The faux outrage of the AFLPA came to nought ( at least to date ), so I'm trusting the judgement of the most affected ( the playing group ).

They hold their heads high, not as exposed drug cheats, but as professional athletes, committed to providing their maximum effort for the club, within the parameter of the rules of the competition. They appear to be very united in this, and the rumblings we hear suggest they are happy to accept Hird back with open arms. That doesn't resonate with the perception they have been harmed, nor set up to be code violators.

I suggest patience, as the process is continuing, and is out of EFC's control. I will reserve my judgement until this has been played out in it's entirety.
Hmmm the side effects from the mentioned drugs can take years to show up, I hope you have plenty of patience

-their livelihood, and let's face it, they are paid very handsomely, right now depends on them keeping quiet. I'd like to know how they really feel?

Mind you, since the club basically played Russian roulette with the players (that's where the bad governance comes into it) I guess it doesn't really matter how they feel does it? The club doesn't care, and it seems neither do a lot of the supporters. I mean, winning is all that matters right.

What ever it takes

Remember, for the Delusion Caucus, Essendon's chief sports scientist using Essendon's money to pay for drugs given to Essendon's players doesnt mean Essendon did it.
Better tell ASADA so we can finish this up then.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Some smart lawyer should start a class action suit suing EFC for the loss of money that people experienced gambling only to have their team beaten by a team containing drug cheats.

Some smart lawyer should start a class action suit suing EFC for the loss of money that people experienced gambling only to have their team beaten by a team containing drug cheats.
Start an action clause. I can't join as I don't gamble. Be a safe bet you would get an nice out of court settlement....see what I did there.

Hmmm the side effects from the mentioned drugs can take years to show up, I hope you have plenty of patience

-their livelihood, and let's face it, they are paid very handsomely, right now depends on them keeping quiet. I'd like to know how they really feel?

Mind you, since the club basically played Russian roulette with the players (that's where the bad governance comes into it) I guess it doesn't really matter how they feel does it? The club doesn't care, and it seems neither do a lot of the supporters. I mean, winning is all that matters right.

What ever it takes
All any of us can have is patience, what is your point? Are we on "death watch?' Thanks, doctor.

The AFLPA would have had the support of the AFL to maintain contracted payments to players, if any had decided the EFC had failed in their duty of care. I do not think they are intimidated, nor being paid "hush money". That covers the livelihood angle.

As stated in my previous post, the playing group are not acting disillusioned, or lacking in motivation in their efforts for on-field success. If they were feeling the least bit anxious or let down by the club, I would expect a correlating decline in effort. It would be inherently stupid to suggest the Club and the majority of the supporter base do not care, EFC held parent information sessions, and has offered on-going support, and no supporter has ever stated the welfare of the players was not of paramount concern. Please provide links to substantiate this outrageous statement.

Of course winning matters ( we have scoreboards and finals to recognise this ), but I still have implicit trust that the proposed supplement program established by the EFC ( and by extention, its agents and employees ), was designed to comply with all relevant codes. I may be proven wrong, yet to date I have not seen, nor heard of any charge ( from a doping authority ), that proves beyond reasonable doubt the EFC have impinged any law.

Whatever it takes to suggest you be slightly more factual, and a little bit less hysterical.

All any of us can have is patience, what is your point? Are we on "death watch?' Thanks, doctor.

The AFLPA would have had the support of the AFL to maintain contracted payments to players, if any had decided the EFC had failed in their duty of care. I do not think they are intimidated, nor being paid "hush money". That covers the livelihood angle.

As stated in my previous post, the playing group are not acting disillusioned, or lacking in motivation in their efforts for on-field success. If they were feeling the least bit anxious or let down by the club, I would expect a correlating decline in effort. It would be inherently stupid to suggest the Club and the majority of the supporter base do not care, EFC held parent information sessions, and has offered on-going support, and no supporter has ever stated the welfare of the players was not of paramount concern. Please provide links to substantiate this outrageous statement.

Of course winning matters ( we have scoreboards and finals to recognise this ), but I still have implicit trust that the proposed supplement program established by the EFC ( and by extention, its agents and employees ), was designed to comply with all relevant codes. I may be proven wrong, yet to date I have not seen, nor heard of any charge ( from a doping authority ), that proves beyond reasonable doubt the EFC have impinged any law.

Whatever it takes to suggest you be slightly more factual, and a little bit less hysterical.

Well once the Essendon Football Club know what was given; then the players will be able to seek out Medical advice on what and if any potential health risks and side effects there may be.

So, ........ we are waiting for some sort of official outcome then?

Thanks for reinforcing my point. "Waiting".
No, that's a different thing altogether. You are talking about waiting on the outcome of the ASADA investigation. That is not the same as the EFC being able to tell it's players what was pumped into their bodies.

Why would you think they are one and the same when clearly they are not.

No, that's a different thing altogether. You are talking about waiting on the outcome of the ASADA investigation. That is not the same as the EFC being able to tell it's players what was pumped into their bodies.

Why would you think they are one and the same when clearly they are not.
So the results of the ASADA investigation will not involve the naming of the substances/compounds taken? Just a generic "you done bad?' News to me.

So the results of the ASADA investigation will not involve the naming of the substances/compounds taken? Just a generic "you done bad?' News to me.

Well then maybe you should educate yourself before you comment.

The ASADA investigation will name substances shown to be taken. You might want to learn what that means. Now Essendon may sneak the odd one past ASADA. Luckily there are other agencies that can slam the club for failing in their duty of care towards the players.

Are you suggesting that it is ASADA's duty to inform the players and not Essendon's for employees under their duty of care?

Well then maybe you should educate yourself before you comment.

The ASADA investigation will name substances shown to be taken. You might want to learn what that means. Now Essendon may sneak the odd one past ASADA. Luckily there are other agencies that can slam the club for failing in their duty of care towards the players.

Are you suggesting that it is ASADA's duty to inform the players and not Essendon's for employees under their duty of care?

Join date.....mods??????

Remove this Banner Ad

Back