Multiplat The Walking Dead: A TellTale Game

Remove this Banner Ad

About episode 2:

did anyone else keep shooting? do people keep dying? Did anyone manage to save Walt or is that inevitable?

Walt's death is inevitable. If you keep shooting, Alvin gets killed by Carver. Nick is also a possible death that can be avoided.

Last edited:
Finished ep2 last night, loved it.

I thought Christa was supposed to return? I saw it on the preview at the end of ep1
I'm not used to having to wait for the next one though as i played season 1 on disc.

I just finished episode 2.

Is it possible to save Alvin? Not that I really care, but just curious.

Yes. If you surrender to Carver.

I only went looking for Kenny and Luke in a replay and I'm not sure if you can that way.

Just finished episode 2. The game is good, but I don't think it has quite the same emotional pull of the first series.

Having said that, it would be pretty tough to top series 1 and this is still an excellent game

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I enjoyed it until the end.

Mini review:

I feel like the entire episode was pointless. We were introduced to Carver with the assumption that he was going to be the main human villain for the series. We get taken hostage and moved to his 'society', and within two hours he is dead and we have escaped. We met two new characters and more characters we know got picked off, but otherwise nothing happened.

You didn't get to have control much during the episode either. Most of the time you were just watching, and it felt like this was the least interactive episode they have made.

I feel like they are rushing through the story. Either because they are working on too many projects (Walking Dead, Wolf Among Us, Borderlands, Game of Thrones), or because they wrote a story that was too big to fit into five episodes. I've now played through three episodes and the only character I feel like I have an understanding of is Kenny. And maybe Luke, to an extent.

In my opinion this episode should have been an hour longer, or extended into episode 4. The fact that we were in and out in two hours was extremely anti-climactic for me.

With all that being said however, until the end I was very captivated with the story. I didn't know how things would play out or what tricks Telltale would play on me. When Kenny got his face bashed in that's when I truly started to feel that we were outmatched and that we shouldn't mess with Carver. But then he is dead about 30 minutes later so whatever.

Also Sarah is clearly the new Ben. With Carlos gone she is going to be a liability for sure. I'm not about to turn on her, but she seems mentally broken and unable to be helped.

Last edited:
The last little part of the game was intense.

I love the ability you have to turn Clem into something ruthless, but keep her warm hearted at the same time, the action choices actually seem to have a bearing on the character and I really am enjoying that.

Kenny is awesome this season.

I also didn't like that;

All of the 400 days characters were there, even though on my save some of them stayed behind, wtf?
Really? I only saw Wyatt for a brief moment and of course Bonnie. Don't recall seeing the others? :( As for the ep... Loved it. Definitely the best of the season. I've turned around my opinion on Bonnie, good character. Carver had some really interesting dialogue but I was glad to see him go. That death scene with Kenny beating him was BRUTAL. Was sad to see Reggie go :( And from here on in i'm mostly trusting Luke and Kenny

Really? I only saw Wyatt for a brief moment and of course Bonnie. Don't recall seeing the others? :( As for the ep... Loved it. Definitely the best of the season. I've turned around my opinion on Bonnie, good character. Carver had some really interesting dialogue but I was glad to see him go. That death scene with Kenny beating him was BRUTAL. Was sad to see Reggie go :( And from here on in i'm mostly trusting Luke and Kenny

they all have brief cameros. The mum and daughter as you're walking to bonnies early on, the jail guy tells the black chick to stop smoking, the black guy asks wtf clem is doing when she's walking to give the radio to Luke, the guy with glasses and blonde hair tells Clem to hurry up when she's walking somewhere. Did i miss anyone??

they all have brief cameros. The mum and daughter as you're walking to bonnies early on, the jail guy tells the black chick to stop smoking, the black guy asks wtf clem is doing when she's walking to give the radio to Luke, the guy with glasses and blonde hair tells Clem to hurry up when she's walking somewhere. Did i miss anyone??
Hmm i'm not sure about that. I went on the walking dead wiki thing and it said their cameos were determinant based on if they stayed behind in your save. Are you sure you didn't do a replay with them all agreeing to come with you? Either I'll have to do a replay :p

Hmm i'm not sure about that. I went on the walking dead wiki thing and it said their cameos were determinant based on if they stayed behind in your save. Are you sure you didn't do a replay with them all agreeing to come with you? Either I'll have to do a replay :p

I definitely didn't. Hmm, that's odd. It may have something to do with the fact my girlfriend started a game of 400 days that she never finished, perhaps it just loaded that one by default. It doesn't matter though, I'm glad they're all there on mine. :p

It makes you wonder though, that CAN'T be the last thing we see of the crew there. It seems a bit anti-climactic to have you play through their story only for them to only have brief cameos and then never seen again.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back